Injury Report: 2019-2020 Injury Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What an insane streak of injuries. Can this be over now?

Game 9 vs Blues - Rantanen lower body injury (knee/ankle?)
Game 11 vs Ducks - Landeskog lower body injury (broken foot?)
Game 11 vs Ducks - Wilson lower body injury (dead lower body?)
Game 15 vs Stars - Grubauer lower body injury (groin?)
Game 16 vs Preds - Zadorov broken jaw
Game 17 vs Jackets - Bellemare concussion
Game 18 vs Jets - Francouz concussion
Game 18 vs Jets - Kadri injury?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What's the point? It'll just be bumped every game with a new injury anyway.
That's what I was trying to say, just keep this thread on top all the time because there is an injury in every game. It's actually crazy how hockey injuries happen. Teams are either completely healthy all year or injured all year

Reactions: Foppa2118

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019

upload_2019-11-13_19-47-8.jpeg

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Yeah, that's what it is. David Gunnarson is the guy who did Werner's mask. He has two different versions. A light and a dark version. Either home and away or he might just use one for practice.

49043193397-dd96bb0653-c.jpg

48816046427-e7bb4edc99-b.jpg
Lol the light one is just a watered down version of the other.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Hi guys,

Habs fan here (don’t worry...not trying to promote Price to your team!!).

I’m wondering if I should take Werner in my pool. What are the latest news on Grubauer & Francouz injury?

Is it worth picking him up or he’s only going to play a game or two?

Thanks.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hi guys,

I’m wondering if I should take Werner in my pool. What are the latest news on Grubauer & Francouz injury?

Thanks.
Grubi is practicing, he seems like he'll be back very soon. I'd say it's likely Werner only gets a couple of starts this year; he was brought over to be marinated in the AHL and he's definitely not in the plans for this season. Bibeau was supposed to be the #3 this year, not him, but with injuries he's risen up the ranks out of pure desperate necessity.

Reactions: HabsTown

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Hi guys,

Thanks.

Hasn’t been much word Francouz yet, but Grubauer is on the road trip so there’s a chance he comes back and takes the starter role again. So I would say he might start 1-2 games and be the backup for however long Frankie is out.

Reactions: HabsTown

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Grubi is practicing, he seems like he'll be back very soon. I'd say it's likely Werner only gets a couple of starts this year; he was brought over to be marinated in the AHL and he's definitely not in the plans for this season. Bibeau was supposed to be the #3 this year, not him, but with injuries he's risen up the ranks out of pure desperate necessity.

Hasn’t been much word Francouz yet, but Grubauer is on the road trip so there’s a chance he comes back and takes the starter role again. So I would say he might start 1-2 games and be the backup for however long Frankie is out.

Thanks guys! Still trying to find a moment to watch your team. Avs have been my 2nd favorite team when Roy joined your team.

cheers

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dater:
  • Mikko Rantanen continues to skate. He will not play on this road trip, but we’re starting to get closer to him getting that pumpkin jersey off, hopefully, and maybe in a couple weeks he’ll be back.
  • Nothing new on Landeskog.
  • Nazem Kadri is fine, in the lineup tonight.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Dater:
  • Mikko Rantanen continues to skate. He will not play on this road trip, but we’re starting to get closer to him getting that pumpkin jersey off, hopefully, and maybe in a couple weeks he’ll be back.
  • Nothing new on Landeskog.
  • Nazem Kadri is fine, in the lineup tonight.
Is he "fine"? IS HE?!?!

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Rantanen said in a Finnish interview that the ankle that was twisted had bothered him a few games before hand, I had not heard of that before. He sais rehab is going well, has skated for multiple days but there is not yet a timetable for his return.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Honestly.... I'll take the loss in that case. We dont have many bodies left that we can afford to sacrifice.

I'd take a 5 game losing streak honestly if it meant by that 6th game we were 100% healthy now.
I would have been fine with Graves or Cole...

All kidding aside, the situation is pretty ridiculous but looks to get better.

I thought Bellemare look good for a guy returning so that was encouraging.

Hopefully Z and Gru are ready to go against VanCity.

I would not mind Timmins/Rosen coming up to give us better puck movement.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Wow, you’re so cool
Haha sorry man it's a bit of a running joke here on this forum because of how secretive the Avs are about injuries.

Seems like month to month to be honest. All we've gotten were it's "longer than week to week".

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Haha sorry man it's a bit of a running joke here on this forum because of how secretive the Avs are about injuries.

Seems like month to month to be honest. All we've gotten were it's "longer than week to week".

Hahaha... didn’t known it was a running joke, no stress!

Damn, it sucks for you guys cause your team is on the come up and you’ve been decimated with injuries so far this season.

I’m a big fan of Landeskog and if he’s out for another month, or more, I hope you guys land Taylor Hall to keep things moving forward.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad