Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Not sure what’s going on, but maybe it’s an injury that requires surgery or something? Really odd that nobody has any information...oh wait, it’s the panthers, no it isn’t.

Reactions: iam76

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Borgstrom scored again today.

Also, what’s the deal with this Ethan Prow guy? His numbers look really solid, especially lately. Is he a pure offensive guy or what?

On first glance, a bit surprising he’s never gotten a shot in nhl.

I think Prow or Keeper should get a call-up if need be, both have been having a good year
@MintyFresh88 , yes, Prow has good stats, only the last two years has his offense exploded.
He's a career +33 and rarely takes penalties.

The D-pairings seem to change every couple games, seen everyone on the top,middle and bottom pairing over the year.
Prow has 8 goals, Cross has 7 and Keeper has 6 goals on the back-end.
Prow seems responsible and disciplined where Keeper brings good 2 way ability but fighting and physicality.

Wasn't Prow the 2nd last D cut at training camp.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
In those highlights Borg made a pretty good defensive play on the goal line too. Maybe he is becoming a good defensive player down there. I feel good about him and Saarela competing for the 3rd line center spot next season. Maybe even Abols.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Ludvig with his 17th goal of the season in a 6-2 loss to the red-hot Silvertips. 58 points in 57 games now.
In the meantime, Rybinski's team seems to be struggling ever since he went down. They're in the last wildcard spot; however, the teams behind them look just as bad and they have enough of a cushion to hold on (likely to be swiftly eliminated in the first round, although who knows - they have an almost even record with Portland, so if they get them which is quite possible, things could get interesting...).

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
wow that really sucks. I want to think he'll recover fine, but wrist surgery....ugh. His shot was his best asset and I would be surprised if it doesn't get affected.

He was just about ready to step up to the big leagues, just our luck. I'll bet he's crushed too, feel sorry for Tippett he has to deal with the Panthers curse.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
wow that really sucks. I want to think he'll recover fine, but wrist surgery....ugh. His shot was his best asset and I would be surprised if it doesn't get affected.

He was just about ready to step up to the big leagues, just our luck. I'll bet he's crushed too, feel sorry for Tippett he has to deal with the Panthers curse.

I think he'll be fine. Lafreniere had his knee mangled at the wjc and was back in a week and he looks even better now than he did then. It could be a lot worse.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Denisenko with a goal in a 5-3 win (11 points in 37 KHL games). Played nearly eighteen minutes - his second highest icetime this season and most of all Lokomotiv's forwards in this game.

Reactions: 16Skippy and Ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I believe IPP already posted this in the prospect thread.

He is very confident though. I'm looking good as I said before the draft the Panthers should pick him. :D

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
I believe IPP already posted this in the prospect thread.

He is very confident though. I'm looking good as I said before the draft the Panthers should pick him. :D

Whoops, didn't even think to check there. I feel like a noob, how do I delete from my phone?

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Denisenko having another good game - has an ES assist, team-high 6 SOG, a hit and a blocked shot. He has earned big minutes again too (over 19 minutes), including late in the game when his team was down and needed to score: he was on PP1 which scored to make it 3-4; later with less than two minutes left, he was there playing on the "first 6-on-5 unit" (second unit scored the goal which took the team to OT). Played a lot in OT and even got an opportunity in the shootout (really nice hard fast shot that hit the post; needed just an inch to win the game for Lokomotiv). His team eventually lost 4-5 in the SO.

His high icetime etc. is probably thanks to the fact that his team has clinched the playoff spot and is pretty much set in the standings... still, nice to see him play some more.

Really nice bit of work on the assist (he tied three guys on himself before making a pass off the boards behind the net, a teammate intercepted it there, then Denisenko quickly skated to the other side of the ice where he got the pass back and set up the goal.) He's on a bit of a hot streak right now with 3 points in the past four games.

Looked great on the PP; loved some moments by him both on the offence and in the d-zone (he has hugely improved there IMO since just a year ago). He also had a not-so-good moment when he seemed to lose focus for most of his shift and just sort of glided around which was patently NOT good when you're down two goals with ten minutes left... Had a moment when he cut through multiple guys on a rush - which looked cool, but at the same time you'd like him to use his teammates better since he then kinda got smothered alone in front of the net?

I guess I can see why the scouts are so split on him - if he can do all the good stuff consistently, he could be awesome... Still not mature enough physically. Definitely saw more good than bad today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad