Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Just as I was about to give up on SPR for the year, they rattle off 3 straight wins and pull me back in...
They beat Utica 3-2 tonight and improve to 19-16-2.

Lowry with his 4th from Rodewald (4) opened the scoring

Ang with his 4th, shorthanded with no assists, put them up 2-1

Tippett breaks the 2-2 tie with his 13th from Saarela (12) and Keeper (7) with just 2 seconds to go in the 2nd, ends up as the game winner.

Monty earns the win, stopping 30/32.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Friday(ish) recap:
WHL:
Rybinski
officially on a hot streak now - a goal and two primary assists in a 5-4 win; the second assist came in OT on the GWG. All three points were very pretty - a solid shot with good positioning and two nearly identical assists when he made excellent passes from the boards while surrounded by two guys trying to steal the puck from him. Ten points in the past four games; now 9+16 for 25 points in 35 GP which isn't great but I'll take it given how awful he started the year. This kid is really raw and he'd have to seriously improve his defence and put on some mass because right now he'd get murdered in the pros. If he can fix all the holes, he could be a pretty good playmaker.
Ludvig with no points, 4 SOG, +1 in a 6-4 win. 3rd best +/- in the league and 2nd best among Dmen. He's become my favorite D prospect.
Wedman has been traded to Kelowna for 1st, 2nd and 5th round pick a while back... and it hasn't gone too well for Kelowna. 6 points in 11 games for Wedman on his new team, pointless in the past four.

OHL:
#18 against #18! Aka, Noel and Kolyachonok faced off each other in a 5-4 OT win for Koly's team. Koly (coming back from injury) finished pointless and -2; Noel had a primary assist on the game-tying goal but finished -2 and had a turnover at the blueline when a bad pass led to a 3-on-2 and a goal. Also had no SOG (seriously, how do we get the guy to shoot the puck? Would making a voodoo doll and screaming "shoot! shoot! shoot!" at it help? Not that I know how to make a voodoo doll...). From what I saw, seemed like a lack of effort by Noel in this game - not happy with that.
Schwindt pointless in a 1-3 loss; not on ice for any of the goals.
Meireles had another strong game when he scored 2 PP goals and was a 1st star in a 4-2 win. 16+19 for 35 points in 27 GP.

College:
Gildon
with two assists in a 4-1 win, both secondary; he now has 17 points in 18 GP, good for 7th among college dmen and 2nd on his team. Random stat: team is 8-2-1 when Gildon has a point in the game and 1-6-0 when he's pointless.

ECHL:
Bednard
earned his first pro shutout on Thursday, stopping all 28 shots while his team won 3-0. After 21 games, he stands at 2.98 GAA and 90.9 SVS%.

Europe:
Kinnunnen
sent down to Mestis a few games back; not doing much there so far. Had high hopes for him last year but so far this season has definitely been a disappointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

Just as I was about to give up on SPR for the year, they rattle off 3 straight wins and pull me back in...
They beat Utica 3-2 tonight and improve to 19-16-2.

Lowry with his 4th from Rodewald (4) opened the scoring

Ang with his 4th, shorthanded with no assists, put them up 2-1

Tippett breaks the 2-2 tie with his 13th from Saarela (12) and Keeper (7) with just 2 seconds to go in the 2nd, ends up as the game winner.

Monty earns the win, stopping 30/32.

is Greco injured?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Europe:
Kinnunnen
sent down to Mestis a few games back; not doing much there so far. Had high hopes for him last year but so far this season has definitely been a disappointment.
Pelicans changed their coach (Barkov's good buddy Ville Nieminen) about a month ago, so that might have something to do with it. Nieminen gave him a lot of responsibility the previous season.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Pelicans changed their coach (Barkov's good buddy Ville Nieminen) about a month ago, so that might have something to do with it. Nieminen gave him a lot of responsibility the previous season.
That might have played a role in him being send down, but he's also -10 (essentially worst on the team) and has one assist in 22 games... I mean I saw just three or four of his games this year so what do I know... but it seems like he took a step back compared to last year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Greco out again tonight, finally found out some info @16Skippy

maybe this is why he's been out? Not sure tbh

Key game here at the half way point, WBS just one point behind SPR for 4th in division with 2 games in hand.

WBS led 1-0 after 20 mins, out shot SPR 11-6

Schemitsch ties it at 1 in the 2nd with his 3rd goal of the year from Thompson (8) and Tippett (14)
Hunt ties it up at 2 on the PP with his 5th from Thompson (9) and Saarela (13)
Just a minute later..
Massie puts SPR up 3-2 with his 2nd from Tippett (15) and ...tf is...oh...ya,..Borgstrom (7).
*Borg's first point in 6 games, a goal and one assist in his last 11 games*
SPR leads 3-2 after 40mins, SPR now leads 23-21 in shots after a 17-10 period.

WBS ties it up at 3 just minutes into the 3rd and poured on the shots early on. At one point it was an 11-1 advantage for WBS, 10 mins into the final frame.
Tippett's here to save the day, scores his 14th from Hunt (7) and Cross (9)

Less than 2 mins later..
Abols scores his 1st of the year from Keeper (8) and Lowry (14)
34 seconds later..
Hunt makes it 6-3 with his 6th from Keeper (9) and Tippett (16)
SPR scored three 3rd period goals on 7 shots

Desrosiers takes the 6-3 win stopping 30/33, improving to 11-4-1 on the year. Driedger 2.0?
4 straight wins now for the suddenly fun to follow T-birds. 20-16-2 and they win a 4pt divisional game

That's Tippett's 4th three point game of the year, his first 4 point night of the year/pro career.
14 goals and 30pts in 38 games now.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Saturday recap:
WHL:
Rybinski's
hot streak is real, guys - a goal and a primary assist in a 5-8 loss; perfect shot to the top of the net on a 2-on-1. This was his fourth multi-point game in the past five; he's much more confident right now and it shows. When you look at his season, it seems to me that after an awful start, he started improving once they moved him to center, and then got a big jump in production once they traded Wedman away (after the reschuffling of the lineup, there seems to be quite a bit of chemistry between Rybinski and his linemates, both with overager Jeri-Leon and with a 16-year-old Conner Roulette). 27 p (10+17) in 36 GP now; twelve points in the past five.
Speaking of Wedman, had one of his better games for Kelowna when he finished +2 in a 3-2 S/O win and scored one of the S/O goals.
Ludvig finishes pointless, +3 with 4 SOG in a 6-2 win; wasn't on ice for any goals against. Now 2nd best +/- in the WHL - and at +30, the next closest guy on Ludvig's team is his D partner with +17.

OHL:
Noel
with a primary assist and 1 SOG in a 4-8 loss.
Meireles with fifth multi-point game in a row in a 6-7 OT loss - 1+2 (all three points on the PP); 19 points in the past ten; overall 17+21 for 38 points in 27 GP (1.36 ppg). He's doing a really good job running the PP (all four PP goals the team scored was with him on the ice; some fast and clever passes there) and that shot of his is still beautiful.
Kolyachonok with a secondary assist in a 3-4 OT loss.

College:
Gildon
pointless but +1 and 8 (!) SOG in a 5-1 win.
Finkelstein with three assists, +4 and 2nd star of the game when BC wins 8-3 without Knight; he was on ice for one goal against and six of his team's goals; currently has 9 points in 16 GP; after a slow start, 8 points in the past 8. In the same game, Hutsko had a goal and 4 SOG - he currently stands at 14 points (9+5) in 12 GP. He's been remarkably consistent too and has yet to go a game without a point.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
That might have played a role in him being send down, but he's also -10 (essentially worst on the team) and has one assist in 22 games... I mean I saw just three or four of his games this year so what do I know... but it seems like he took a step back compared to last year.
Yup, I was more of opening the background on this year, rather than making excuses for him. Nieminen sort of got Gallant'd, I'm sure he finds another HC position at some other place.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Nice game!
Mason is 18th in the league in defenseman scoring, tied for 7th in goals for defenseman

Koly was drafted by the Panthers in the 2nd round (#52 overall)
Mason Millman was drafted by the Flyers in the 4th round (#103 overall)
Mason has 2 more goals, and 3 more assists than Koly, albeit playing in six more games this season.

Important people weren't listening when I was trying to get the memo about Mason out there last season. Oh well, their loss...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Mason is 18th in the league in defenseman scoring, tied for 7th in goals for defenseman

Koly was drafted by the Panthers in the 2nd round (#52 overall)
Mason Millman was drafted by the Flyers in the 4th round (#103 overall)
Mason has 2 more goals, and 3 more assists than Koly, albeit playing in six more games this season.

Important people weren't listening when I was trying to get the memo about Mason out there last season. Oh well, their loss...
Trades are always possible....

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I figure in three years he has a good chance of making the big leagues. After that I might have to become a Flyers fan. Save me. :help:
You can be a part time Flyers fan, sort of like the other team fans are with Panthers at BBT when their teams show up...

Reactions: PantherboyHTR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad