Prospect Info: 2019-2020 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Kolyachonok with 2 goals and 6 points, +6 in his last 4 games. 8 goals, 20pts in 29 games.
Got 2 assists in a 6-5 win last night

@PantherboyHTR , Mason had a goal and helper in that loss, set a new personal best with 26pts in 35 games, 25pts in 66 games last year. Nicely done

@letsgrowcactus , any reason Schwindt hasn't played last game and tonight? Injury?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Nice goal and effort. What do you see his NHL future being like and potential?

Well, the potential is definitely a first/second line LW, but as for the near future I don't even know, I have a feeling he might sign an ELC this offseason, but he doesn't look like NHL-ready to me yet and not sure if the AHL is a good place for players like him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

SPR at home looking to extend their winning streak to five facing off against Bridgeport, who's currently last in ATL division. Then they got Providence in a home and home, back to back on Saturday and Sunday. those two games will be key matchups as SPR trails PRO by one point for 3rd in their division.

16:13 of the 1st, Lowry kicks off the scoring with his 5th from Ang (11) and Abols (4)
Both teams get 10 shots on net in the period. SPR leads 1-0 after 20mins

16:17 of the 2nd, Lowry is back at it with his 6th, a short-handed tally from Rodewald (5) and Schemitsch (7)
Audette had a 2 min instigator, 5 min fight and 10min misconduct after a BRI player boarded someone, not sure who
Both teams had 11 shots on net this period, SPR leads 2-0 after 40 mins

8:26 of the 3rd, Thompson scores his 11th on the PP from Tippett (17) and Hunt (8)
19:38 of the 3rd, Hunt pots his 7th, an empty netter from Ang (12), 2pt night for Ang (he's got a goal and 7pts in his last 6 games)
SPR poured it on in the 3rd, racking up a 19-10 shot advantage in the period.

Montembeault gets the 4-0 shutout win, his first of the year, stopping all 31 shots. Bridgeport had 5 PP's in the game. He's now 4-4-1 on the year but his last 4 games have been better of late, 2-1-1 with a sv% of .949, .907, ..938 and the shutout tonight. 8 goals against in those 4 games and he faced at least 30 or more shots in those four contests.

For Tippett, he's heating up again. After going pointless in a 5 game stretch, he has 3 goals and 8pts in his last 6 games.
For SPR, they move to 21-16-2 on the year. They've been playing way better defensively during this streak, only allowing 12 goals against in the 5 wins.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Monty said in the postgame interview "Before I got sent down my confidence was pretty low"

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Tell me you saw the Bridgeport goalie grab a hold of Thompson's leg after the 3rd goal @ 3:28? :laugh:

Yeah. "Take me with you to celebrate that goal."

Tippett is pretty much a lock for top6 six duties for the Cats. I'd reckon that he'll surprise folks with his two-way game but that probably won't come in full fruition until around the same time as now in the next season.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah. "Take me with you to celebrate that goal."

Tippett is pretty much a lock for top6 six duties for the Cats. I'd reckon that he'll surprise folks with his two-way game but that probably won't come in full fruition until around the same time as now in the next season.

Who you pair him with? You'd assume with Barkov and one of Huberdeau/Dadonov?
Don't know if he would gel with Trocheck but who knows.
Give Barkov another big body who could work down low to cycle like the Jagr days?
My only worry is his gas tank with being a bigger body but I think he's learned how to burn, coast and burn through it well enough.
Hopefully he keeps working on his cardio.
Ya his two way game and not being soft/scared to go to dirty areas are two surprises/improvements people who haven't kept up with him will see.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Tell me you saw the Bridgeport goalie grab a hold of Thompson's leg after the 3rd goal @ 3:28? :laugh:

Tippett's gonna be a good player, his skating, the play-making, shooting and even back-checking on the one play there.
His lower base is hard to knock off the puck too.
Tippet’s development from his first year of AHL hockey where he was ok albeit in 5ish games to this year has been phenomenal.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Who you pair him with? You'd assume with Barkov and one of Huberdeau/Dadonov?
Don't know if he would gel with Trocheck but who knows.
Give Barkov another big body who could work down low to cycle like the Jagr days?
My only worry is his gas tank with being a bigger body but I think he's learned how to burn, coast and burn through it well enough.
Hopefully he keeps working on his cardio.
Ya his two way game and not being soft/scared to go to dirty areas are two surprises/improvements people who haven't kept up with him will see.

Considering that Acciari is on the top6, it could be basically anywhere. However, I'm inclined to prefer the first line since Barkov and Hubs are somewhat guilty of not being straight forward in goal scoring themselves and are always looking for a perfects pass or a dedicated shooter. I'm not a big fan of cycle game, looks great but rather see max two, three passes before a shot must be taken and a lot of action in front of the crease. When you've got big forwards that are hard to contain you gotta use it to your advantage and not "succumb to the same level" with speedy skilled players. This ofc poses difficulties for Q if is to cater different strategies for different player types.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tippet’s development from his first year of AHL hockey where he was ok albeit in 5ish games to this year has been phenomenal.

He's the one I've followed the most out of the prospects and I agree, he's improved on the things people were knocking him for in his draft+ years. If he can produce like Hoffman in a year or two while adding size, some grit and two way/cycle play, no doubt in my mind he will be a top 6 guy going forward. He'll be a complimentary player who will go cold sometimes but when he heats up, it's gonna be fun to watch.
That shot though.....get him working that one timer because he will become our new PP threat very soon.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Considering that Acciari is on the top6, it could be basically anywhere. However, I'm inclined to prefer the first line since Barkov and Hubs are somewhat guilty of not being straight forward in goal scoring themselves and are always looking for a perfects pass or a dedicated shooter. I'm not a big fan of cycle game, looks great but rather see max two, three passes before a shot must be taken and a lot of action in front of the crease. When you've got big forwards that are hard to contain you gotta use it to your advantage and not "succumb to the same level" with speedy skilled players. This ofc poses difficulties for Q if is to cater different strategies for different player types.

Not so worried about them scoring in reference to cycle play but more when we're up by a goal or two and need our top line to chew up minutes in the OZ. Felt Jagr helped teach Barkov how to work down low to draw penalties calls and he was notorious for this the one year, 17-18 I think when his penalty differential was league leading. Now we don't see that as much and have trouble sustaining that OZ pressure when the game is on the line.

Trocheck, Vatrano and Acciari bring this to their game and has shown to produce just off the speed and fore-checking. Would be nice to have two or three lines that are capable of chewing up those valuable minutes to close out games where we're not constantly hemmed in our zone.
Finally excited about our prospect pool, needs some work in the defense depth chart but still producing some mid/late round gems so far.

Hutsko, Schwindt and Ludvig are having fine years so far. Have definitely opened my eyes a bit with LGC's updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Finally excited about our prospect pool, needs some work in the defense depth chart but still producing some mid round gems so far.

The prospect pool looks good but then again if one looks at the success rate of developing talent then it doesn't look that great when Weegar (along with Barkov and Ekblad) is the only one from the past six years who is really sticking with the roster.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The prospect pool looks good but then again if one looks at the success rate of developing talent then it doesn't look that great when Weegar (along with Barkov and Ekblad) is the only one from the past six years who is really sticking with the roster.

From 2011 on we've had one or two guys from each draft still on the team til now. Definitely some stumbles in a couple of the drafts but the last couple years look promising.

Borgstrom and Heponiemi are a bit disappointing right now but still young enough to be late bloomers. Really like Gildon, something just seems right about him. He's already a leader at UNH. Need to get him signed.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
From 2011 on we've had one or two guys from each draft still on the team til now. Definitely some stumbles in a couple of the drafts but the last couple years look promising.

Borgstrom and Heponiemi are a bit disappointing right now but still young enough to be late bloomers. Really like Gildon, something just seems right about him. He's already a leader at UNH. Need to get him signed.

For an example, Toronno has something like six, seven of their of draftees in their current lineup from the same period of time so in the regard of player development the Panthers is a cellar dweller.

Some of the promising rookies aren't immune to how the Cats' contract situation looks as far as them getting a fair shot at making it into the roster. Thus, some players, like Gildon, might consider contracts like Yandle and Math have as a big obstacle on how the NHL club might approach to their development. Ofc, this is not an absolute negative phenomenon since e.g. Will Butcher decided to jump the ship to NJD which basically forced Sakic to trade for Girard.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
For an example, Toronno has something like six, seven of their of draftees in their current lineup from the same period of time so in the regard of player development the Panthers is a cellar dweller.

Some of the promising rookies aren't immune to how the Cats' contract situation looks as far as them getting a fair shot at making it into the roster. Thus, some players, like Gildon, might consider contracts like Yandle and Math have as a big obstacle on how the NHL club might approach to their development. Ofc, this is not an absolute negative phenomenon since e.g. Will Butcher decided to jump the ship to NJD which basically forced Sakic to trade for Girard.

Gildon is 21 in May but even if he signs his ELC and plays his 3 years, that deal ends when Yandles does.
He may need a year or two in SPR. Gonna need some of our ELC prospects to pan out with Barkov and Huberdeau needing new deals in near future. Hoping Gildon and Denisenko will sign this offseason :crossfing

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Gildon is 21 in May but even if he signs his ELC and plays his 3 years, that deal ends when Yandles does.
He may need a year or two in SPR. Gonna need some of our ELC prospects to pan out with Barkov and Huberdeau needing new deals in near future. Hoping Gildon and Denisenko will sign this offseason :crossfing

If I had to make wild projection, Gildon might be something similar to Parayko. Thus, really hoping that he doesn't have his sights on signing with some other NHL club.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If I had to make wild projection, Gildon might be something similar to Parayko. Thus, really hoping that he doesn't have his sights on signing with some other NHL club.

Ya good call, looking at their draft round and NCAA path, very similar numbers. Would love if Gildon can even become a favorable fraction of what Parayko is.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

You didn't include Brown who was a 5th round pick in 2013. Also, Stillman is pretty close to cementing a spot for himself on the big club now. He's playing close to 20 mins per game. And Crouse wasn't developed by the Panthers, but he was drafted by them, he's got 11 goals already this season. If he wasn't traded, he'd definitely be up with the big club now under Tallon's regime. So us and Toronto have pretty much the same track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->