2019-2020 Dallas Stars General Discussion III - COVID Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Cuts announced.

L'Esperance, Gardner, Heatherington and Point.

Harley and Dellandrea are part of fhe squad.

Going with 4 goalies with Bow and Oettinger included.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
No idea why Nill said 3 goalies at the start of this.. there is no cap and if you get 1 injured.. and you are down to 2.. then what the f*** are you going to do.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No idea why Nill said 3 goalies at the start of this.. there is no cap and if you get 1 injured.. and you are down to 2.. then what the f*** are you going to do.

Well we brought 4 so it’s a moot point.

Reactions: Satan

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
So Harley would be considered 9th on the defensive depth chart if he's on the taxi squad? Caamano, Kiviranta and Robertson also weren't mentioned as cuts or on the depth chart, so they would be on the taxi squad along with Dellandrea? I feel like I'm forgetting someone, there are 31 available slots I thought. Can only think of 30 guys.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
So Harley would be considered 9th on the defensive depth chart if he's on the taxi squad? Caamano, Kiviranta and Robertson also weren't mentioned as cuts or on the depth chart, so they would be on the taxi squad along with Dellandrea? I feel like I'm forgetting someone, there are 31 available slots I thought. Can only think of 30 guys.

Hanley or Bayreuther? Here's a good breakdown of the final roster.

Reactions: Abilify

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Bayreuther,
Harley
Fedun
Hanley too probably (maybe Cecconi)

Robertson, Dellandrea, Caamano, Kiviranta,

Oettinger, Bow

To go with
Benn, Seguin, perry, Hintz, pavelski, Radulov, Cogliano, Faksa, Comeau, Janmark, Dickinson, Gurianov, dowling
Lindell, Klingberg, Oleksiak, Heiskanen, Sekera, Johns.
Bishop, Khudobin.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I mentioned in an earlier post, our final round robin game could be after all play in series games are complete and we could know who our opponent will be if we win or lose...

Will be interesting to see if the final RR game has little meaning, do they give Harley and Dellandrea a game to see what they have?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Point is the only guy who never had a shot to make the roster . Sucks for the other guys though its kind of neat they're keeping the kids with the team instead of the lower upside guys .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Looks like even Jamie Benn brought a monitor to the bubble, I always thought him and Seguin were somewhat anti-video games.. guess I'm wrong.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Looks like even Jamie Benn brought a monitor to the bubble, I always thought him and Seguin were somewhat anti-video games.. guess I'm wrong.
lots of things you can do with a monitor that don't involve video games

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My schedule really worked out for these games so far..

Thursday Tune Up Game I am off work - 3:00pm no problem.

Monday long weekend, I am off work - First game viewing easy

Wednesday, 5:30pm start.. easy

St. Louis game, Sunday, no work..

I was scared we would get some afternoon games that would be tough to watch.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
After that exhibition I’d use Round Robin to give the kids a shot. Play the top-6 of course Seguin, Benn, Radulov, Pavelski, Hintz and Gurianov along with Faksa and Dickinson.

We know what Janmark, Perry, Comeau, Cogliano and Dowling are so sit them and use those games to expriment with younger guys.

Something like...

Kiviranta - Faksa - Caamano
Robertson - Dickinson - Dellandrea

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
After that exhibition I’d use Round Robin to give the kids a shot. Play the top-6 of course Seguin, Benn, Radulov, Pavelski, Hintz and Gurianov along with Faksa and Dickinson.

We know what Janmark, Perry, Comeau, Cogliano and Dowling are so sit them and use those games to expriment with younger guys.

Something like...

Kiviranta - Faksa - Caamano
Robertson - Dickinson - Dellandrea
If they were going to do that yesterday's game was the time to do it. The next set of games they're actually playing for something, and they still didn't dress any of the top prospects even with being able to dress 13f and 7d they put in both Dowling and Fedun in those spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad