2019-2020 - Around the League (All non-Stars NHL Talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Fun kinda shocking fact: Jason Spezza's 12 points in 20 games this season is worse than his start last season, where he had 13 points in his first 20 games.

I remember he had some Stars fans fooled with that production through the first 20 games

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Confidence is a strange thing. Once someone starts scoring it just can get going and going. Can be wierd like that.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
The stuff dreams are made.

But when he has more goals then any one of our 7 mil plus guys then what??

Funny Benn and Seguin were laughing pretty hysterically at Val trying to pronounce his name during the Christmas skit many moons ago, now maybe old Saint Nichooshk gets the last Christmas laugh this year.

Reactions: DieselBoy

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Look at them go and hire Monty :laugh:

I doubt it . Whatever happened there seems like something that means there will be some time between NHL jobs for him. This isn't like Boudreau getting hired right away twice.

He'd be bombarded with questions about what in the world happened in Dallas until it gets out and i sincerely doubt he wants that to happen now.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Monty isn't getting another job until this mess becomes public. And it wouldn't surprise me if this is the end of his NHL coaching career. Either that, or the Stars are going to look really stupid.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Monty isn't getting another job until this mess becomes public. And it wouldn't surprise me if this is the end of his NHL coaching career. Either that, or the Stars are going to look really stupid.

I really want it to be the former, but the more details come out I'm thinking it will, unfortunately, be the latter. The current front office seems to be filled with certain type (Nill type). And anything resembling a personality is frowned upon.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I really want it to be the former, but the more details come out I'm thinking it will, unfortunately, be the latter. The current front office seems to be filled with certain type (Nill type). And anything resembling a personality is frowned upon.

Eh considering they didn't react to some other things like the Lites thing or some other questionable things i doubt that. I really don't think Nill wanted to fire Monty but felt like he had no choice. It seems to me to be something that would look really bad on the Stars if they didn't act in any way to it once it becomes public knowledge. We just don't know what exactly went on there behind the scenes.

I'm also not exactly trusting some of those "sources" . The guy who got posted as a source who worked on HNIC ages ago for a short period of time well lets just say he doesn't have a great reputation for anything more than beeing rumor mill and well reading through some of the other stuff he's posted on Twitter. Yeah i'm not buying what the dude is selling.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I agree , there’s a good chance he’s done .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Makes me think it might have been just the interview. One thing to be drunk in private, but he was representing team in public way heard by many thousands. Some might not think that's enough, but old school ways, being brought back with some new school thinking might say it is.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Makes me think it might have been just the interview. One thing to be drunk in private, but he was representing team in public way heard by many thousands. Some might not think that's enough, but old school ways, being brought back with some new school thinking might say it is.

No it was not .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I can't believe anyone seriously thought that interview was even a partial influence, let alone be the cause. It boggles my mind further that a lot of people were compelled to bother Shapiro with it

Reactions: Henderson33

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seeing a few fans talking about boycotting the Stars on twitter and talking about how bad the Stars handled it because they won't tell us why he was fired.

How stupid do you have to be? Clearly there is a reason it hasn't been released. Not even Monty is talking about it because he doesn't want it out there. Let the guy get his life/wife/kids/family in order before bringing this stuff up for millions to see.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seeing a few fans talking about boycotting the Stars on twitter and talking about how bad the Stars handled it because they won't tell us why he was fired.

How stupid do you have to be? Clearly there is a reason it hasn't been released. Not even Monty is talking about it because he doesn't want it out there. Let the guy get his life/wife/kids/family in order before bringing this stuff up for millions to see.

It's the same kind of people who speculate wildly when tragic events happen and scream cover up when they won't get told everything instantly. Doesn't matter if there's reasons for that . There's allways people who feel like they allways need to know everything .

Reactions: Henderson33

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Twitter is fun. Saw Dowling was with Fedun today for practice and someone literally took that as him making a Brent Burns type transition to defense so he can get in the lineup more...they were completely serious

Also this is the non-Stars talk thread. Gets confusing cause they look nearly identical at first glance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad