2019-20 UEFA Europa League

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
That’s frustrating. By far the better team but you gotta put away some of those chances. Ultimate xG correction game was always coming

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That’s frustrating. By far the better team but you gotta put away some of those chances. Ultimate xG correction game was always coming

The actual xG weren't that crazy, but that's mostly because of Sevilla having a lot of good last ditch blocks or a United forward letting a ball get away from them to spoil a chance:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Was Bissaka was poor on the winning goal too.

Both goals tbh.

Came upfield too early and then didn’t track back with his man fast enough which let the cross happen in the first place.

On the second, he should have been closer to the man, but at the same time the bigger mistake was Lindelof marking absolutely no one.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The actual xG weren't that crazy, but that's mostly because of Sevilla having a lot of good last ditch blocks or a United forward letting a ball get away from them to spoil a chance:

yeah I saw that. I use a few different sites for xG and that’s way low for me. The keeper had 7 saves. All of which seemed close range.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
yeah I saw that. I use a few different sites for xG and that’s way low for me. The keeper had 7 saves. All of which seemed close range.

I think it’s low too, but this is also the type of game where xG calculated on shots will seem lower than watching the game because a few really good chances didn’t result in shots.

Last edited:
Reactions: East Coast Bias

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wan Bissaka was awful. For a supposed defensive RB, he was better on the offensive side.
I loved Bruno going to Lindelof's face after he couldn't defend properly on the winning goal (the worst being Wan Bissaka watching from front row).

Reactions: Chimaera

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Performance was there, finishing was not. Had enough chances to be at least 3-1 up. Wan-Bissaka was poor all game. Lindelof crap for the 2nd goal. Rashford still not on form.

Amazing Carlos lasted the 90, did enough for 3 yellows.

Need to move Williams to backup RB, sign a LB, CB, DM and RW. Can't see it all happening this window though.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Was Bissaka was poor on the winning goal too.

He let his man go without communicating with Lindelöf. He was the biggest f*** up in that goal. Lindelöf should have been positioned better and be able to get a touch on it and Wan Bissaka should not let his man go if the ball were to go through, which it did

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wan Bissaka was awful. For a supposed defensive RB, he was better on the offensive side.
I loved Bruno going to Lindelof's face after he couldn't defend properly on the winning goal (the worst being Wan Bissaka watching from front row).

Yea it was probably the worst defensive game I’ve seen him put in. His tackles weren’t well timed either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I liked Kounde better frankly. Same in the previous game he was awesome. Carlos looks especially bad in comparison.

Reactions: Cassano

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I liked Kounde better frankly. Same in the previous game he was awesome. Carlos looks especially bad in comparison.
I thought the same. Had heard a lot more about Carlos previously, but Kounde has been more impressive. Certainly in better form.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Totally normal to turn your head around when your that close to the ball... Also DDG camping in his goal didn't help. Lots of blame to go around on that one.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That goal was on Williams, not Maguire. That is a shite video. :laugh:
EfkeZBsWAAAe-iM

Sightseeing.

Reactions: S E P H and koyvoo

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You did see the Sevilla player 3-4 meters to the left of him when you saw that goal live and in the replays? And Brandon Williams being about a 10 meters away from the goal scorer?
I saw Maguire look directly at the incoming ball and decide to go for some sightseeing adventure for some reason when he could’ve easily put a leg in and clear it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad