2019-20 UEFA Europa League

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
How did Carlos not get a yellow for the penalty? Then fouled Martial twice, should be off.

Nice pass by Martial to play Rashford in. Wan-Bissaka struggling a little.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Was that Utd PK given for a tackle after the shot?

Not saying it’s the wrong call, but you don’t see that very often.

Funny to see Suso today. Remember when he was a blue chipper at LFC. Also funny that he has to wear 41, and the striker has to wear 51

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Was that Utd PK given for a tackle after the shot?

Not saying it’s the wrong call, but you don’t see that very often.

Funny to see Suso today. Remember when he was a blue chipper at LFC. Also funny that he has to wear 41, and the striker has to wear 51

Yea it was for that foul. I agree it's not seen that often, but that was an extremely obvious case and the type of call that needs to be made way more often.

If you foul after the ball is gone elsewhere on the pitch the ref always brings it back, but for some reason they just equate "advantage" with "got an attempt" in the box ignoring that most of the time the players shot is affected by the (illegal) challenge coming in.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’ve never seen anything from him. He makes me miss Luke Shaw badly. Shaw catches so much shit but he’s worlds better than this.

I see flashes every so often, but he's never put it together to even have what I'd call a really good game.

He also has a habit of switching off defensively and either holding players onside or losing his man like he did today.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yea it was for that foul. I agree it's not seen that often, but that was an extremely obvious case and the type of call that needs to be made way more often.

If you foul after the ball is gone elsewhere on the pitch the ref always brings it back, but for some reason they just equate "advantage" with "got an attempt" in the box ignoring that most of the time the players shot is affected by the (illegal) challenge coming in.
See why it’s called but I don’t really agree with it being called more. I think that it Should depend on if it takes the fouled player out of the play or not. I wouldn’t call what happened today stonewall, but I’ve certainly seen worse. I think if that’s being called more often there is going to be a lot more diving in the box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad