2019-20 UEFA Europa League

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Amazing ending. Xhaka standing still on the goal when he was the one who kept him on side. (this guy was the captain) Followed by Sideshow bob having zero defensive awarness. Makes you wonder where is all the world class players Arsenal have?

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
:laugh: Arsenal

Fernandes has made a big difference already, quality player. Good to have McTominay back and pleased for Ighalo.

Reactions: Jussi

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Watching Cucu and Dest makes me wanna cry. Both should be at Barca send Filpo(yes I know) and Semedo packing get the kids in here asap. On second thought Ajax give us Ten Haag, Overmars and Martinez while your at it. All your Ajax belong to us

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
You have to have a pretty broad definition of world class to consider Auba world class.

Won the golden boot his first full season in the best league in the world, leading the scoring charts again in his second. If that isn’t world class, I don’t know what is.

Reactions: robertmac43

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Watching Cucu and Dest makes me wanna cry. Both should be at Barca send Filpo(yes I know) and Semedo packing get the kids in here asap. On second thought Ajax give us Ten Haag, Overmars and Martinez while your at it. All your Ajax belong to us

I laugh really hard that we now have players good enough to play anywhere including Barcelona in the case of Dest, and Chelsea, Leipzig, and Dortmund. I mean it only took like 20 years after they first said it would happen, and our team still sucks ass, but it's pretty funny.

Reactions: Gecklund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I laugh really hard that we now have players good enough to play anywhere including Barcelona in the case of Dest, and Chelsea, Leipzig, and Dortmund. I mean it only took like 20 years after they first said it would happen, and our team still sucks ass, but it's pretty funny.
I'm confused what?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Won the golden boot his first full season in the best league in the world, leading the scoring charts again in his second. If that isn’t world class, I don’t know what is.
I’ve always considered world class to be player that would start at any club in the world. Which basically gives you the top 15 players in the world. Auba is elite but I think he falls just short of world class for me.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The club is just two years out of Wenger's multiple decade stranglehold on the team. Alexander the Great's conquest and civilisation wasn't built overnight either. Of course there are adjustment periods and hopefully this is a good learning lesson on who and who doesn't deserve to be on this team next year.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The club is just two years out of Wenger's multiple decade stranglehold on the team. Alexander the Great's conquest and civilisation wasn't built overnight either. Of course there are adjustment periods and hopefully this is a good learning lesson on who and who doesn't deserve to be on this team next year.

Wengers ideas still being part of the club is only doing us good. He is a genius, the longer his ideas fade off the players, the worse we play. He kept us very competitive despite having a low budget because of the man single handedly destroying this club not wanting till invest enough money ( Kroenke). This is simply a result of lack of investment and poor managerial recruitment, no blame at all should go on Wenger.

Unai Emerys stranglehold on Arsenal still takes it’s toll though. The offensive will, fluidity and movement off the ball could be on its way back but Unai Emerys ideas are still partly imprited in the players there, the same thing goes when trying to organise a press. Emery made the players think they are worse than everyone else, and always adjusted to the opponent, so there is a massive lack of confidence in the players, and confidence is absolutely make or break in football I can say from my own experience, it can be the difference between mid table and a title challenge. It might take a year or more to fully get the damage Emery did on the players reversed.

Last edited:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Istanbul Basaksehir (TUR) vs. FC Copenhagen (DEN)
Olympiakos (GRE) vs. Wolves (ENG)
Rangers (SCO) vs. Bayer Leverkusen (GER)
Wolfsburg (GER) vs. Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Inter Milan (ITA) vs. Getafe (ESP)
Sevilla (ESP) vs. Roma (ITA)
Eintracht Frankfurt/Red Bull Salzburg vs. FC Basel (SUI)
LASK Linz (AUT) vs. Manchester United (ENG)

Some big ties already, one of Sevilla-Roma will already be out and looking at their domestic leagues both teams are in danger of missing out on the top four. Inter Milan surprisingly used pretty strong teams in their matches against Ludogorets so they are taking this more seriously that I anticipated. Olympiakos will go to England for the third time this season while Manchester United get current Austrian BL leaders LASK, their biggest European tie since the 80s when they beat Inter Milan in the old UEFA Cup

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I’ve been hating our back line for decades... and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

You have to be on crack not to see that our defence is pure garbage. Instead of paying a club record fee for f***ing Pepe, the dancing queen, we should’ve added a legit CB but no, we’re rolling with Luiz and Mustafi :facepalm:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Amazing ending. Xhaka standing still on the goal when he was the one who kept him on side. (this guy was the captain) Followed by Sideshow bob having zero defensive awarness. Makes you wonder where is all the world class players Arsenal have?

They cannot defend...

They are just PUTRID defensively. Offensively, they are fine, but defensively, it is laughable.

I celebrated when Auba scored, but I knew they weren't out of the woods yet and then, in typical Arsenal fashion, they gave up a goal...

They need to invest all of their money on defense!

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I’ve been hating our back line for decades... and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

You have to be on crack not to see that our defence is pure garbage. Instead of paying a club record fee for f***ing Pepe, the dancing queen, we should’ve added a legit CB but no, we’re rolling with Luiz and Mustafi :facepalm:

I am not a Pepe fan either.

He is a great dribble and... that's it.

Meh crosses, bad vision, holds the ball too long, doesn't do much defensively... but, hey, he can dribble VVD!

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I am not a Pepe fan either.

He is a great dribble and... that's it.

Meh crosses, bad vision, holds the ball too long, doesn't do much defensively... but, hey, he can dribble VVD!

Pepe is a joke. The guy tried to dribble his way into the net, around 5 guys and the play went absolutely nowhere.

He’s a major bust.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They cannot defend...

They are just PUTRID defensively. Offensively, they are fine, but defensively, it is laughable.

I celebrated when Auba scored, but I knew they weren't out of the woods yet and then, in typical Arsenal fashion, they gave up a goal...

They need to invest all of their money on defense!
It's really been the opposite under Arteta for the most part.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think he’d do much better on a team that focused on speed and counter attacking, especially with a front 3 instead of being behind the front 2.

He’s at his worst when the team just sits back and tries to make arsenal break them down.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

They've actually conceded less goals than Chelsea and Man City, but have fewer goals scored than the top 6.

The bigger problem is with the midfield and lack of penetration they provide, and the forwards. This season, our forwards suck too, besides Aubameyang, Saka and Martinelli. One of those players is our LB at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad