2019-20 UEFA Europa League

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
This midfield will always do us nothing, no ball winner, no physical prescence, Besides Xhaka no real ball progressor, few intelligent off ball runs in possession and monreal creativity. The midfield balance is what separates us from being top 4 quality, the most frustrating thing is that we have much better options.

What always strikes me is that we play like a team that is supposed to have possession most of the time but we don't have players that can get the ball back, or keep the ball, so we spend so much time just waiting for the other team to make a mistake

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
What always strikes me is that we play like a team that is supposed to have possession most of the time but we don't have players that can get the ball back, or keep the ball, so we spend so much time just waiting for the other team to make a mistake

If we just stick to playing three of

Ceballos, Torriera, Xhaka and Özil, playing like we want to is very possible. Ceballos offered an ability to progress possession from deep last game that we have deeply lacked, he has to be given many more starts in that role against low blocks.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Kamada witth 3 goals tonight. Serious question: Has a Japanese player ever scored a hatrick in Euro major competition before?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If we just stick to playing three of

Ceballos, Torriera, Xhaka and Özil, playing like we want to is very possible. Ceballos offered an ability to progress possession from deep last game that we have deeply lacked, he has to be given many more starts in that role against low blocks.

Ceballos looked great last game, if he keeps playing like that I'm all for it. I know he was a bit invisible when he first got here, but that was under Emery and I admit I've skipped a lot of games recently because I just didn't have the heart to take the time out.

Another thing is it seems like it takes us like 25 minutes to finally start playing cohesively, presumably more they way they've been coached to do. That also gives me a bit of hope that things are improving

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean, I understand, but a UCL semifinalist (and very nearly finalist) going out in the group stages of the CL and then perhaps losing the first knockout stage of the Europa League isn't exactly common

No not common but they were robbed legitimately the worst reffing you will ever see absolutely gifted Chelsea a ticket to the next round then some more bad luck getting one of the better teams in Europa. Mix that with some injuries and this is the result

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
9 assists this season for Saka while playing almost all of it out of position, most assists by an Arsenal player this season despite being 18.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
In many ways he's been our best period

Not a perfect game by any means but I'll take it any day of the week

...and twice on Sundays.
Considering how shit the club has been this season, this is actually true.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Poor performance from United, though I thought it'd be 1-1 before the game. Kossounou had a great chance to make it 2-1. Dennis looked good too. Lingard and Pereira were awful, Matic was in midfield on his own at times. Dalot and Williams were poor too. Martial was the only one to show any quality until Fernandes came on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad