Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Looked at a few of those proposed trades, and they are ridiculous. One had us getting a first AND Cozens for taking Okposo's contract. Notwithstanding the fact that we don't likely take on a contract with that much term left, no one is giving up their first and a league-wide top 10 prospect. Another had 2 firsts for Fowler.o_O

That writer doesn't have a clue, unless the whole thing is just a fantasy exercise.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
some of those trades are just idiotic in general. Tyler Johnson and 1st for Gioulx? lol come on. Sabres losing Cozens AND a 1st round pick in 22' to just dump Okposo's contract? The only trade that involves a 1st I could see happening is a Bruins trade but we are giving up something better than Redmond.

Reactions: duckpuck and ADHB

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Came across a very good, and well written article. It includes the Ducks cap situation, also trades that I like some of the ideas of. Well worth the read.

Anaheim Ducks: Weaponizing Cap Space in 30 Potential Trades

Includes multiple first round picks coming to Anaheim. As well as taking on some Cap that Murray already rumored he would do. Seems like this writer sees 3 first round picks coming to Anehim in multiple trades that seem plausible. Those were the ones that interested me atleast.

Edit: Sorry that's the full article. I re did the link.

This was a terrible article and the proposed trades were mostly (if not entirely) nonsensical.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
This was a terrible article and the proposed trades were mostly (if not entirely) nonsensical.

Well I enjoyed the read. I merely clicked it to get a better understanding of the cap situation. And didn’t mind that persons ideas of a few trades. Person took time out of his day to write all that up. Atleast read it while bored at work.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Looked at a few of those proposed trades, and they are ridiculous. One had us getting a first AND Cozens for taking Okposo's contract. Notwithstanding the fact that we don't likely take on a contract with that much term left, no one is giving up their first and a league-wide top 10 prospect. Another had 2 firsts for Fowler.o_O

That writer doesn't have a clue, unless the whole thing is just a fantasy exercise.

Yah the cozens one was a bit over the top. So I skimmed that one, and went to another.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
some of those trades are just idiotic in general. Tyler Johnson and 1st for Gioulx? lol come on. Sabres losing Cozens AND a 1st round pick in 22' to just dump Okposo's contract? The only trade that involves a 1st I could see happening is a Bruins trade but we are giving up something better than Redmond.

That’s fair. But did you go through that persons Salary implications in the article? That was mainly why I clicked it. Trying to figure out how Murray is gonna take on salary before the deadline for assets. Did you atleast enjoy that part? Because I didn’t know all these contract implications. Now I got somewhat of a understanding.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
The Coyotes paid that price for 40 games of Hall plus playoffs. Rakell would be acquired for ~1.5 seasons.

And Rakell is nowhere near as good as Taylor Hall. We're talking about a career 0.91 ppg Hart trophy winner vs a career 0.63 ppg player. The post I responded to said that if we waited another year we could get even more value than that in a trade.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Galchenyuk has little to no value to the ducks - we wold basically be taking him to offer you salary relief as part of a larger deal. I'm guessing that if he was really worth a 3rd or 4th, he'd already be traded so that Pittsburgh could make other moves. The truth is, not many teams have salary cap space to take Galchenyuk without sending salary back - and those teams are probably not willing to send those picks.

So if Gal has no value to the ducks, you're basically offering a 1st, Addison, and second for Rakell who is signed at a great contract through 2021-22. I don't think that does it for the ducks. I'll put it this way - the ducks could keep Rakell one more year and trade him at next years deadline for that same type of return if not more.

I disagree. That’s about as good of a return as we’re going to get if Rakell is moved. Personally I say hold on to Rakell but that’s a very solid offer.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Well I enjoyed the read. I merely clicked it to get a better understanding of the cap situation. And didn’t mind that persons ideas of a few trades. Person took time out of his day to write all that up. Atleast read it while bored at work.

I am willing to bet $50 - donated to charity - that you (or someone you know) wrote that article. There can't be two totally unrelated people who have such objectively bad trade suggestions.

More substantively, the ducks willingness to take salary will extend for the rest of this year and, at most, maybe one additional year. Okposo, Lucic, and players like that will NOT be acquired. Most of that article is predicated on the ducks taking those types of awful contracts and getting not very much back.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I disagree. That’s about as good of a return as we’re going to get if Rakell is moved. Personally I say hold on to Rakell but that’s a very solid offer.

I see your point, but what are the comparable trades? Hint, you won't find many because forwards like Rakell - skilled, in their prime with with 2.5 years of term on a great AAV - aren't traded very often. Not with 2.5 years left.

A top rental typically gets a first and at least one prospect - usually a bit more - basically the offer from Pittsburgh. Duchene was traded last year for multiple firsts (if he re-signed). Prior Duchene trade from Col to Ottawa might be a comparable trade (Duchene being a better player).

I think the larger point is that for the ducks to trade Rakell, they need to be blown away. There's really no urgency in doing so because his trade value is pretty steady. The offers are probably even better in the off season when more teams can bid. Next year this time is the point where his value starts to decline.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I see your point, but what are the comparable trades? Hint, you won't find many because forwards like Rakell - skilled, in their prime with with 2.5 years of term on a great AAV - aren't traded very often. Not with 2.5 years left.

A top rental typically gets a first and at least one prospect - usually a bit more - basically the offer from Pittsburgh. Duchene was traded last year for multiple firsts (if he re-signed). Prior Duchene trade from Col to Ottawa might be a comparable trade (Duchene being a better player).

I think the larger point is that for the ducks to trade Rakell, they need to be blown away. There's really no urgency in doing so because his trade value is pretty steady. The offers are probably even better in the off season when more teams can bid. Next year this time is the point where his value starts to decline.

I agree with the bold. I also agree that there are not a lot of comparables and that he should only be moved if they're blown away. However, I do not think you're going to get more than what the Penguins poster offered. Maybe if we're talking about trading him a year ago after back to back 30 goal seasons. He hasn't bounced back this year like we hoped.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I agree with the bold. I also agree that there are not a lot of comparables and that he should only be moved if they're blown away. However, I do not think you're going to get more than what the Penguins poster offered. Maybe if we're talking about trading him a year ago after back to back 30 goal seasons. He hasn't bounced back this year like we hoped.

If a team is able to pry him away, it would probably take something along those lines. An interesting prospect who fits a need + two picks, at least one being a 1st and probably both, unless a very good prospect is on the table. An expiring cap dump would be fine.

I don't know if Murray would be interested in further depleting the little established scoring we have though.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think people need to look at a Rakell trade from the standpoint of what would you pay on a trade to get him? A 20-30 goal wing who appears to be complementary 1st/2nd line guy, who can dazzle at times but has a nearly 2 year history of being a floater as well now.

A 1st? 2 1sts? A lottery-eligible 1st?

A top Prospect? Would you trade Zegras? Steel? Dostal? Lundestrom?

What players? A top 4 D? Fowler? Manson? Slim pickings for NHL forwards but Kase?

I suspect he’d get a late 1st, a good but not great prospect with a likely top 6 upside, and a young 3rd line player/4-6D for salary purposes. I certainly wouldn’t break the bank for him, regardless of his Cap hit. You don’t trade potential 1st line stars for players like him.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think people need to look at a Rakell trade from the standpoint of what would you pay on a trade to get him? A 20-30 goal wing who appears to be complementary 1st/2nd line guy, who can dazzle at times but has a nearly 2 year history of being a floater as well now.

A 1st? 2 1sts? A lottery-eligible 1st?

A top Prospect? Would you trade Zegras? Steel? Dostal? Lundestrom?

What players? A top 4 D? Fowler? Manson? Slim pickings for NHL forwards but Kase?

I suspect he’d get a late 1st, a good but not great prospect with a likely top 6 upside, and a young 3rd line player/4-6D for salary purposes. I certainly wouldn’t break the bank for him, regardless of his Cap hit. You don’t trade potential 1st line stars for players like him.

I would be interested in trading Rakell to a contender that have good upside prospects. I would take the Lightning's Callan Foote, Alex Volkov, one of their 1sts, and conditional 2nd if they make it to the finals. Volkov and Foote can get their feet wet this year and the Lightning can go all-in with Rakell on a cheap contract for the next few years. Rakell would do really well on an offensive team like the Lightning, while our remaining players remain sad and hoping to be traded during the Tank of 2020.

That might sound steep, but modest improvements prior to the playoffs are expensive.

Reactions: Dmang714

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Nick Ritchie isn’t going anywhere, raks would be traded before nick. With the ducks trying to draft higher end talent who seem to be undersized, Ritchie is a much needed large body around them.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I would be interested in trading Rakell to a contender that have good upside prospects. I would take the Lightning's Callan Foote, Alex Volkov, one of their 1sts, and conditional 2nd if they make it to the finals. Volkov and Foote can get their feet wet this year and the Lightning can go all-in with Rakell on a cheap contract for the next few years. Rakell would do really well on an offensive team like the Lightning, while our remaining players remain sad and hoping to be traded during the Tank of 2020.

That might sound steep, but modest improvements prior to the playoffs are expensive.
Alexei Volkov hmm he just might be Russian Spy Alexei Volkoff - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad