Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
tankless-water-heater-promo.gif

I think there are a few players we could go for like Alex Galchenyuk who could look to have a change of scenery. Also yes I probably just posted this line about Gal to post the image above.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
If I'm Murray and I've been given the green light from the Samueli's to take on additional salary for this season, I'd look to make use of our two available retained salary transaction slots.

I'm also curious to see how the Byfuglien situation plays out in Winnipeg. He could be an interesting candidate to acquire then flip, though the second year on his contract makes it less likely we'd retain money on a subsequent trade.

Reactions: Getz2noone

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
As for trade deadline.... I imagine

Sure thing moves: These are just general value(could be used in trades)
MDZ- for a 6th... I don't mind him... but a lot of teams would like to add a player like him for depth purposes before playoffs.
Deslauries- for a 4th(maybe 3rd, lot of teams want some grit)… I like deslauries a lot, hes done exactly what he has been brought in here to do... but if we could get our 4th(or higher) back that we traded for him that would be good.... and we can still try and resign him as a free agent.
Grant- for a 4th Another good depth player that a lot of playoff teams wouldn't mind adding, solid face off guy, another player I wouldn't mind resigning in offseason, but because his contract is up, if we don't extend him we should look at getting another pick.

Maybe moves:
Shore- for a 5th He just hasn't really worked out in Anaheim, I cant imagine we have any intention of resigning him... but I think another team might find a use for him as a utility/depth guy... might be under selling on him cause I dislike him /shrug
Miller- for a 3rd(before anyone has a fit, assuming he wants to make a run) Definitely a market for him, more if he wants to go or not... im fine if he stays, but if he wants to take 1 last run.. I think we can get a 3rd for him pretty easily.

Trade: (relax, just speculations for fun), I don't mind if you disagree but at least explain your argument.

Toronto: Ceci + 2nd
Anaheim: Deslauries + 6th + Holzer

Toronto clears up a chunk of cap to ideally help make a move for a dmen, deslauries helps them put a little beef in the line up... they clearly miss a guy like Matt Martin. Hozler gives them a little extra veteran depth.

Edmonton: Russel + Pulj + 1st
Anaheim: Kase

Edmonton adds a legit top 6 winger to their line up, on a good contract.... while clearing up cap space for this year and next year. Ducks add a bit of a project in Puljujarvi… still oozing with potential tho… and a 1st that should land somewhere around 22 to pick up another asset for the future. Risk for Anaheim... kase goes off and stays healthy with those centers, Risk for Edmonton Pulj becomes what he was predicted to become.

Dallas: Cogliano + Honka + 4th
Anaheim: Rowney + Morand

Ducks get a RHD to put into our prospect pool... since we have basically 0. Dallas gets rid of cogs cap space for the couple years going forward... rowneys ends a year earlier + roughly 2 mil cheaper. I admit I may be off on this 1 a little bit(might be over valuing honka.

Why do people want to bring Cogliano? He is not a good player anymore. He is a pure cap dump, and I’d want to be paid accordingly to take him back.

I think Deslauries and Grant both can get a third.

I wanted no part of Russell and his contract which has another year, but would do it for a first - don't mind your trade actually. With Russell, you can trade Gud or even Manson (if there's an overpay) or just plug him in as a 6/7. The actual dollars on his contract next year aren't too bad.

Shore should be traded for pretty much anything - don't see the ducks signing him as a RFA so anything you get back would be ok.

The trade for cogs is a huge overpay. Cogs contract also has another year - he has no place on this team. So you're taking a bad contract and giving back a useful player with a great contract (Rowney) and a decent prospect for Honka -? Bad.

Toronto trade isn't too bad. But I can't wonder if the cap space the ducks use on Ceci isn't worth a second on its own?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Pens fan here. Would Rakell be available? And what would Anaheim's asking price be?

yes for the right price. Given he’s on such a steal of a contract that has term and is good for 50-65 points a year that price would be steep.

Probably an A prospect and a 1st round pick to start with along with something else of quality already in the NHL.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
yes for the right price. Given he’s on such a steal of a contract that has term and is good for 50-65 points a year that price would be steep.

Probably an A prospect and a 1st round pick to start with along with something else of quality already in the NHL.

Gotcha, thanks.

Pens have that 1st, Poulin/Legare/Addison, and Bjugstad/Galchenyuk. Not sure if those are the types of prospects or NHLers you'd be looking for though.

Reactions: 11Justin93

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Gotcha, thanks.

Pens have that 1st, Poulin/Legare/Addison, and Bjugstad/Galchenyuk. Not sure if those are the types of prospects or NHLers you'd be looking for though.

I can't speak for everybody but I think that the Ducks would be most interested in Addison out of those players. Ducks already have enough power forward type of players but could use help with the defence and especially could use an effective puckmover. I would also be interested in Galchenyuk as an experiment and if the Ducks are really willing to help other teams with their cap, I wouldn't mind trying him out. However, I don't see a need for Bjugstad.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Toronto might be a decent trade partner. Just not sure if we have what they are looking for.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

I can't speak for everybody but I think that the Ducks would be most interested in Addison out of those players. Ducks already have enough power forward type of players but could use help with the defence and especially could use an effective puckmover. I would also be interested in Galchenyuk as an experiment and if the Ducks are really willing to help other teams with their cap, I wouldn't mind trying him out. However, I don't see a need for Bjugstad.

I got some feedback on the Pens board. Maybe 90% are fine with the 2020 1st, Calen Addison, and Alex Galchenyuk for Rakell.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
That would be a disappointing return.

Sorry another Pens fan here...not to bombard but truly Rakell is a guy I'd love for us to acquire and I enjoy getting other fans perspectives!

I'm one to be more than willing to trade more assets for the right guy and the Ducks/Pens seem to enjoy trading.

1st + Addison + Conditional 1st (making ECF or something similar) otherwise a 2nd ('21)

I'd be willing to heap on Galchenyuk for you to tryout. Separately I'd think his value is around a 3rd or 4th. If you're at all interested in him.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Sorry another Pens fan here...not to bombard but truly Rakell is a guy I'd love for us to acquire and I enjoy getting other fans perspectives!

I'm one to be more than willing to trade more assets for the right guy and the Ducks/Pens seem to enjoy trading.

1st + Addison + Conditional 1st (making ECF or something similar) otherwise a 2nd ('21)

I'd be willing to heap on Galchenyuk for you to tryout. Separately I'd think his value is around a 3rd or 4th. If you're at all interested in him.

Galchenyuk has little to no value to the ducks - we wold basically be taking him to offer you salary relief as part of a larger deal. I'm guessing that if he was really worth a 3rd or 4th, he'd already be traded so that Pittsburgh could make other moves. The truth is, not many teams have salary cap space to take Galchenyuk without sending salary back - and those teams are probably not willing to send those picks.

So if Gal has no value to the ducks, you're basically offering a 1st, Addison, and second for Rakell who is signed at a great contract through 2021-22. I don't think that does it for the ducks. I'll put it this way - the ducks could keep Rakell one more year and trade him at next years deadline for that same type of return if not more.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Galchenyuk has little to no value to the ducks - we wold basically be taking him to offer you salary relief as part of a larger deal. I'm guessing that if he was really worth a 3rd or 4th, he'd already be traded so that Pittsburgh could make other moves. The truth is, not many teams have salary cap space to take Galchenyuk without sending salary back - and those teams are probably not willing to send those picks.

So if Gal has no value to the ducks, you're basically offering a 1st, Addison, and second for Rakell who is signed at a great contract through 2021-22. I don't think that does it for the ducks. I'll put it this way - the ducks could keep Rakell one more year and trade him at next years deadline for that same type of return if not more.

That offer is arguably more than Taylor Hall got in return, I don't think Rakell is going to get more than that in a years time barring a massive jump in production

Reactions: 11Justin93

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
That offer is arguably more than Taylor Hall got in return, I don't think Rakell is going to get more than that in a years time barring a massive jump in production

Hall is no doubt the better player. But prices for rentals (without extensions, like Stone) are trending down (very few first round picks are traded for rentals these days), whereas prices for young, cost-controlled players with great contracts are trending up.

A team acquiring Rakell is getting him for 3 playoff runs. Cap challenged in their cap window or on the rise - teams like Pitts., Edmonton, Toronto, Carolina and even Calgary - will value a 3 year player more than a pure rental that they then have to replace next year. Colorado has cap space, but big extensions coming, so they would also have interest.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Appreciate the insight. I'd think the top end offer would be 2 1sts + Addison (our best D prospect). Which I think is more than fair but certainly understand if your view point differs.

I enjoy that our teams seem to always make trades and hope to continue that trend.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
I really wouldn't mind trading for Galchenyuk. I think we'd have a couple of options:

1. Move Rico back to C and put Galchenyuk next to Getz and Sprong (lots of offensive skill). This also allows us to send Steel and/or Lundestrom down to the AHL where they should be IMO. Maybe we can convince him to sign a one year "prove it" extension for not too much $. (Less likely scenario)

2. Acquire him for cheap since Pens fans don't think he's going to cost a lot and then flip him with max retention to cap strapped contender that wants some scoring depth. (More likely)

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Came across a very good, and well written article. It includes the Ducks cap situation, also trades that I like some of the ideas of. Well worth the read.

Anaheim Ducks: Weaponizing Cap Space in 30 Potential Trades

Includes multiple first round picks coming to Anaheim. As well as taking on some Cap that Murray already rumored he would do. Seems like this writer sees 3 first round picks coming to Anehim in multiple trades that seem plausible. Those were the ones that interested me atleast.

Edit: Sorry that's the full article. I re did the link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad