GDT: 2019-20 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bruins fans and writers can’t act like they’re the only team in the league bidding on Palmieri.

People need to get this into their heads. Other teams are also hunting for Palms, and they will try harder if/when Kreider situation is dealt with.

We also are under zero pressure to trade Palms by the deadline. If Fitz gets lowballed we can just hang up the phone and keep him.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
People need to get this into their heads. Other teams are also hunting for Palms, and they will try harder if/when Kreider situation is dealt with.

We also are under zero pressure to trade Palms by the deadline. If Fitz gets lowballed we can just hang up the phone and keep him.
What works in our favor is that there's a few teams that refuse to trade for rentals, so Palms would be the best forward available.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Boston's 2021 pick is not too valuable. We can get a 1st round pick for Palmieri next year if needed.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

I think we need to stop thinking of Palmieri as a consolation prize for Kreider. This is a result of "groupthink" from a mainstream media which pays far more attention to the Rangers than the Devils. Over the last three years, Palmieri has 135 points and Kreider has 137. Palmieri has scored 30 goals in a season and Kreider never has. Palmieri is under contract for next season and Kreider is not. I would not be surprised if Palmieri nets more than Kreider does at the deadline.

Thus far, the Devils trade targets have been grossly undersold in the media. Remember all those ridiculous trade speculations by Boston fans/writers which had them getting Coleman AND Palmieri while unloading the Backes deal for just a B-level prospect, late 1st rounder in 2020 and roster-filler bottom-6 guy like Anders Bjork? Well, after realizing they could not afford either Coleman or Palmieri, they have finally settled on a similar deal (Backes contract, 2020 1st, Axel Andersson) for an oft-injured, undersized 2nd liner in Ondrej Kase who offers nowhere near the value of Palmieri to a contender.

Like you wisely said, there is no imperative for the Devils to deal Palmieri. If a team like Colorado or Calgary does not call up with a huge offer, the Devils can just hang up the phone.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I saw a tweet on the Bruins board of some guy proposing Bjork + Zboril + 2020 2nd round pick for Palmieri and all of their fans agreeing it’s a fair deal for both sides, yikes.

They seem to be struggling to comprehend that a late 2nd round pick and prospects like Zboril & Senyshyn (who are 99% busts) don’t hold any value at all.

Pretty funny how they can’t even stomach giving up Studnicka or Vaakanainen, despite the fact neither are anywhere close to ‘elite’ prospects.

Reactions: nugg and MichaelJ

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Flames are a team to look at for Palms services, but honestly I am starting to believe he isn’t going to be traded.

Yeah, they're a team that needs to do something as their window is closing.

This speculates that Hanafin was part of the offer for Hall from Calgary, with aligns with the talk of them offering a hockey trade instead of picks/prospects.

Will see if Calgary shifts to offer up futures for help at the deadline.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Flames are a team to look at for Palms services, but honestly I am starting to believe he isn’t going to be traded.
I could still see him getting dealt.

With the fundraiser tomorrow night, it would be surprising to see if it happens prior to then though.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I saw a tweet on the Bruins board of some guy proposing Bjork + Zboril + 2020 2nd round pick for Palmieri and all of their fans agreeing it’s a fair deal for both sides, yikes.

They seem to be struggling to comprehend that a late 2nd round pick and prospects like Zboril & Senyshyn (who are 99% busts) don’t hold any value at all.

Pretty funny how they can’t even stomach giving up Studnicka or Vaakanainen, despite the fact neither are anywhere close to ‘elite’ prospects.

It's kind of funny that anyone would think that deal would work. In three years Zboril will be on a second pairing in the Czech league and Anders Bjork will be on a third line in the Swedish league. I mean, Studnicka or Vaakanainen is not the question here, if I were the Devils the negotiations would start at Studnicka AND Vaakanainen.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I don't think he is. I would like to, but if the market isn't there, it's not there. No reason to force it. I think it's very unlikely to happen. Plus, there are still a number of guys available, and probably for cheaper.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
It's kind of funny that anyone would think that deal would work. In three years Zboril will be on a second pairing in the Czech league and Anders Bjork will be on a third line in the Swedish league. I mean, Studnicka or Vaakanainen is not the question here, if I were the Devils the negotiations would start at Studnicka AND Vaakanainen.

Yes, especially now that a 2020 1st will not be part of the return.

Reactions: nugg

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

Yeah, I responded to that. Devils say no in a heartbeat. It's a brutal offer.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

Agreed, honestly their prospect pool is pretty mediocre top to bottom and they’re crazy overvaluing the few legitimately interesting prospects (Studnicka, Vaakanainen, Beecher) they have.

Without their 2020 1st it’s hard to see a deal to be made with Boston, other teams will absolutely include a 2020 1st round pick in their offers for Palmieri, something the Bruins can no longer do.

Unless they’re offering Heinen + TWO of Vaakanainen, Beecher, Studnicka & their 2021 1st, i’d rather just keep Palmieri.

Senyshyn, Zboril etc are dime-a-dozen scrubs that every team has a bunch of, they hold zero value.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas

I also hate the Flames prospects, tbh. Nothing there that is particularly enticing.

Edm, Colorado would be my favorites.

The Islanders would have had some kind of intriguing players in the pipeline, though guys like Wahlstrom and Wilde have lost their shine.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I feel like Bjork has more offensive upside than Heinen. Maybe those were the two players? I’d still would have wanted a first with Bjork. Maybe Gryzelyk?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The belief is Noah Hanifin was part of a package that the Flames put together to try to land Taylor Hall from New Jersey in November. Could they target another New Jersey winger with term in Kyle Palmieri?
I saw that in this article: Trade Bait: Where each Canadian NHL club stands - TSN.ca

I wonder if they'd do something around Hanifin and Palmieri since Palms has an extra year on his deal compared to Hall and would grant that some cap room as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad