2019/20 Roster Thread XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I think of either of frost or Patrick can play this could be a team that runs a top9 with a very effective traditional fourth

G frost tk
Jvr cooter voracek
Lindblom hayes farabee
Laughton bunny nak

Av likes scoring by committee and each of these lines can get it done while also giving the opposition different looks making matchups difficult. Rewarding whichever line is most effective with playing time otherwise evenly distributing them at even strength

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Rumor that Jordan Greenway is available.

Would be nice to have a big power forward with room to grow on the 4th line. I can see Fletcher showing interest.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Would be nice to have a big power forward with room to grow on the 4th line. I can see Fletcher showing interest.

It’s one thing if he was a throw-in, but he’s not a guy I’d outright target. Even if the Wild want to trade him, I’d imagine he wouldn’t be cheaper than a 2nd rounder or something. At that point.....why? We’re set on better wingers, and unless you’re trading for him to be a top 9/PP piece trying to unlock his potential, I don’t see the value.

He’s a very weird player to get a read on with certain inconsistencies — always has been. Supposedly his work ethic leaves something to be desired. He’s never been a goal scorer at any level. He’s good at puck protection, and he has respectable underlying numbers (mostly defensive impact, oddly enough, even by Wild standards). But he’s not someone I’d feel confident gambling on. If he reaches another level, I’d still say we have better players.

Reactions: Striiker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It’s one thing if he was a throw-in, but he’s not a guy I’d outright target. Even if the Wild want to trade him, I’d imagine he wouldn’t be cheaper than a 2nd rounder or something. At that point.....why? We’re set on better wingers, and unless you’re trading for him to be a top 9/PP piece trying to unlock his potential, I don’t see the value.

He’s a very weird player to get a read on with certain inconsistencies — always has been. Supposedly his work ethic leaves something to be desired. He’s never been a goal scorer at any level. He’s good at puck protection, and he has respectable underlying numbers (mostly defensive impact, oddly enough, even by Wild standards). But he’s not someone I’d feel confident gambling on. If he reaches another level, I’d still say we have better players.

NAK, Laczynski, Bunnaman, Allison, Sandin, and Raffl are all listed at over 200 pounds. We're fine. Our 4th line will have plenty of size.

With Simmer gone maybe the old school fan in me misses having someone that physically intimidates the opposition. I cant help it lol

Evergreen

I am excited about Greenway's availability too. Fletcher would have been the one who drafted him, correct?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
With Simmer gone maybe the old school fan in me misses having someone that physically intimidates the opposition. I cant help it lol

The TanMan has two tickets to the gun show. Bunny has no teeth. Allison is a ginger headed farmer from Bumblef***, Manitoba. NAK is a Francophone brick shithouse

Intimidation everywhere.

tenor.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Greenway is a LH LW, we're a little crowded there.

Maybe if you wanted to swap Laughton, but then you'd weaken the PK (Greenway played PK for the first lime last season), though Greenway probably has more upside than Laughton and more years of control.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Greenway is a LH LW, we're a little crowded there.

Maybe if you wanted to swap Laughton, but then you'd weaken the PK (Greenway played PK for the first lime last season), though Greenway probably has more upside than Laughton and more years of control.

Thats exactly what I proposed to Wild fans. They seem split on it since they need centers and Laughton is better on LW.

Reactions: deadhead

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Any reasonable defensive D swaps for Ghost?
No. Any move from Fletcher trading Gostisbehere would probably be a lateral move or a move for a draft pick, if Ghost is traded expect whatever coming back to be underwhelming.

Flyers have 8 defenseman for next season but Myers and Hagg are still unsigned RFA’s which are expected to be resigned.
1st Pair LD Provorov RD Myers
2nd Pair LD Sanheim RD Niskanen
3rd Pair LD Gostisbehere RD Friedman
Extras LD Hagg and LD Morin

A better option would be to get rid of Hagg by either trading his rights or by simply not qualifying him, it would also give the Flyers extra wiggle room concerning cap space.

Morin is a question mark weather he could make the Flyers roster or not depending on his knees another option for Fletcher could be to bring in a few cheaper veteran defensemen on professional tryouts (PTO’s) to challenge Ghost, Friedman and Morin for the #5,#6 and #7 spots on the roster.

Reactions: renberg

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Any reasonable defensive D swaps for Ghost?

If he gets traded, I imagine it will be futures. You have to assume with them having to extend Myers, they won't be swapping salary. W/ no fans in the seats, I'm sure there will be an internal cap.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Can't wait for Hagg's extension so we can end all the speculation of him going anywhere.

He and Friedman will be our 3rd pairing next year

That might not be as bad as some would think, Friedman would be a better match for Hagg than Gudas or Braun.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One never knows, imagine the gnashing of teeth if we had traded for Oleksiak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad