2019/20 Roster Thread XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I mean, it could still very well happen. JVR isn't exactly a dead fish just yet.

He does remind me of Flounder, though.

stephen-furst-flounder-animal-house.jpg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
... and I respond "F*** you, Torts."

well yeah, but AV isn’t the first coach to single guys out. Not saying I agree with it but it does happen. Coaches also get to know who can and cannot handle it.
Some coaches have a shorter shelf life than others. AV deserves heat for how he coached the playoffs. But I don’t think it’s a fireable offense in season 1.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Right, but as soon as the Flyers signed Kev, I went on a seven-year emotional sabbatical. So you are throwing that EXTREMELY RUDE personal dart at a giant wall of apathy.

Maybe you’re two sides of the same coin. At the same time that the cosmic ancients known as “Humor” and “Nicknaming” prophesied your coming, their ancient least favorite pet dog foretold Kev’s coming with an oracle poop. Your fates are intertwined.

You and Kev are locked in a nicknaming battle to decide the nickname fate of the universe. It’s a tale of good versus evil.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Maybe you’re two sides of the same coin. At the same time that the cosmic ancients known as “Humor” and “Nicknaming” prophesied your coming, their ancient least favorite pet dog foretold Kev’s coming with an oracle poop. Your fates are intertwined.

You and Kev are locked in a nicknaming battle to decide the nickname fate of the universe. It’s a tale of good versus evil.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Normally, I’d shrug it off. Players saying they want to return and the team wanting them to return are two different stories. Still might be.

But the actual Flyers account tweeting about Thompson wanting to return makes me uneasy. They’ve so far posted 2 quotes from today. A Sanheim quote about gaining experience. And Thompson wanting to hold this team hostage again. You’d think a 36 year old washed up plug free agent doesn’t merit a Flyers tweet.

I'm hoping they tweeted that out because of the bit where he says the team has a window of winning the Cup.

It's a faint hope, but I'll cling to it, tyvm.

Reactions: BernieParent

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Hopefully Hayes never gets an infinity stone, because you know he will never pass that motherf***er

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
AV deserves heat for the entire season, not just the playoffs. :laugh:

He didn't go from good to bad. He went from awful to terrible beyond belief.

It's amazing how the core, despite off seasons, managed to carry the team and overcome the evil aura generated by the HC.
It couldn't be the young players, because as we know, they were permanently scarred by playing under Hakstol.
And AV buried all the rookies.
Of course, Hayes and Niskanen had nothing to do with b/c they suck.

It's just one of those miracles.

Reactions: Breeze 44

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
If their are any preseason games I wanted to see if AV would try a lineup like this.
NAK with coots and neck could bring up Aube-Kubel’s point totals and Konecny seems better on Couturier’s wing.

Would also like to see Myers take over RD 1st pair with Provorov and Friedman at 3rd RD since Niskanen is UFA after the 20-21 season.

Line 1 LW Aube-Kubel C Couturier RW Konecny
Line 2 LW Giroux C Hayes RW Lindblom
Line 3 LW Farabee C Frost/Patrick RW Voracek
Line 4 LW Van Riemsdyk C Laughton RW Sandin

1st Pair LD Provorov RD Myers
2nd Pair LD Sanheim RD Niskanen
3rd Pair LD Gostisbehere RD Friedman

Goalies:
Starter: Hart
Backup: Elliott

Scratches:
LW Raffl
C Bunnaman
LD Hagg

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You guys keep penciling in Hayes as a 2C. Don't forget to pencil us in with a 2nd round exit, at best.
He could very quickly deserve to be forced out of the top 3 center positions if Patrick is healthy and Frost gets a chance, although that will never happen since there's no such thing as merit-based promotions/demotions on this team.

And we'll still be stuck with him through expansion and the rest of his contract.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick would have to prove he can stay healthy AND he's worthy of the 2C slot.
And Frost has to first show he's a capable 3C before he moves up the food chain.
So you're talking 2 years from now, minimum.
Hayes will have no problem moving to wing.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Patrick would have to prove he can stay healthy AND he's worthy of the 2C slot.
And Frost has to first show he's a capable 3C before he moves up the food chain.
So you're talking 2 years from now, minimum.
Hayes will have no problem moving to wing.
I don't know why you keep saying that Frost needs to be a capable 3C first.

He could easily play with G, which would be a defacto second line at worst. AV will likely roll the top 3 three lines roughly equally in that case, anyway.

Frost could also start on the wing if Patrick is good to go.

Frost two years away is absolutely ridiculous especially if NP isn't ready. :laugh:

Perpetually 2 years away.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just curious, of all the people critical of the Hayes signing, how many lobbied for them to sign Duchene? :popcorn:

I am basically the only one who is vocally critical of him all the time, so I don't know who you think you are talking to :laugh: And no, I didn't want Duchene either - if you'll recall (you won't), I thought we weren't ready to make a push yet and should wait for Frost et al to be ready. Also, I am always against UFA signings as long as we are drafting well.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I am basically the only one who is vocally critical of him all the time, so I don't know who you think you are talking to :laugh: And no, I didn't want Duchene either - if you'll recall (you won't), I thought we weren't ready to make a push yet and should wait for Frost et al to be ready. Also, I am always against UFA signings as long as we are drafting well.
Duchene was bad juju to me.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't know why you keep saying that Frost needs to be a capable 3C first.

He could easily play with G, which would be a defacto second line at worst. AV will likely roll the top 3 three lines roughly equally in that case, anyway.

Frost could also start on the wing if Patrick is good to go.

Frost two years away is absolutely ridiculous especially if NP isn't ready. :laugh:

Perpetually 2 years away.

You know why. It's to shamelessly shill for the staff.

By saying it will take a long time before Frost is ready, it gives the idiots an excuse to use him wrong this year. That way it's all Frosts fault and the coach and GM had no choice.

Unfortunately this tactic doesn't work if people watch the games and everyone knows the person attempting it is full of shit. :laugh:

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I believe Flyers management wants Frost to get more development time in the AHL playing more minutes before he gets a legitimate chance to stick with the Flyers full time.

I don’t think Frost will get a chance to stay with the Flyers if Patrick is healthy. I don’t expect to see Frost full time until the 21-22 season.
By then Hayes should be RW. It would be interesting to see Frost centering G and Hayes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
2 years away. From some who expected a rookie to be Barzal

Expect, no. Hope, sure. I'm an optimist until proven otherwise.
Frost has yet to do anything to make him a sure bet at 3C next year, so how do people project him at 2C?

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Reactions: Provorov4Norris

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Expect, no. Hope, sure. I'm an optimist until proven otherwise.
Frost has yet to do anything to make him a sure bet at 3C next year, so how do people project him at 2C?

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
This post has nothing to do with what you’ve said your expectations of a player were. And why you now don’t see first line or offensive potential. Which you stated as recently as yesterday. That was said yesterday. One more time for the folks in the back. Yesterday.

what you don’t understand is that most players. Like 95%. Improve. Instead of jumping in and being one of the best from the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad