2019/20 Roster Thread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Be interesting to see who the healthy scratches are because Bunnaman and NAK were playing pretty well. Who knows now though, or if Thompson was playing more down the stretch due partially to being new and needing to become familiar with the system. Plus the team was streaking and there wasn't much motivation to try different combinations.

I'd try to work NAK in there at least as he was good and plays a playoff friendly kind of game. Maybe move Laughton back to center over Thompson so you can get NAK back in the lineup. It may not be Laughton's ideal position in a vacuum but it improves the team speed and skill, IMO, and makes for a difficult 4th line to play against that can take advantage of some matchup problems and score some momentum goals.

Farabee - Hayes - Konecny
JVR - Grant - Pitlick
Raffl - Laughton -NAK

In any case having a 5th line of Bunnaman, Frost and NAK is pretty freaking deep, if that's how it pans out.
Yeah, I like your lineup, as well. I really liked the Laughton - Hayes - Konecny line and I think the 3rd line would be more dangerous with Farabee on it, but NAK has earned his spot.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Yeah, I like your lineup, as well. I really liked the Laughton - Hayes - Konecny line and I think the 3rd line would be more dangerous with Farabee on it, but NAK has earned his spot.

Yeah that line was good for sure. Only downside is shortening your bench a bit at center, depending on who they dress. Would love to see Frost dressed in that instance but I assume Thompson and Bunnaman would be in front of him, or at least they seemed to be when the season was halted.

Some interesting options for them to try after the 4 month or so break and things could be very different after the TC/round robin. In any case a deep 4 line team like that should prove hard to play against and match up to.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
That’s because they were wrong. Just like they were wrong when they decided to trade for Thompson.

I’m saying what should have been done.
I agree with you that Frost should have been kept in the lineup, we just have different evaluations on Thompson.

Reactions: Striiker

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If a playoff caliber lineup consists of Scott Laughton playing top 6 minutes, I'm not sure that is a lineup you are going to see much beyond a series.

For all the talk of the "chemistry" on that line in small sample:

Laughton + Hayes.......................-3.7 relxGF%

Laughton + Hayes + Farabee..... -1.8 relxGF%

Laughton + Hayes + Konecny......+0.2 relxGF%

Farabee + Hayes + Konecny.........+1.6 relxGF%

HMBdvkF.gif

By the eye test as well, I know which line had the most pure talent and flow. But if there's one thing I know about shooting % heaters -- like, say, doubling your career shooting % despite underwhelming play driving stats -- it's that they usually carry over after a 4 month pandemic. I'd ask these same people who should play on the 3rd defensive pair and 3C, but I already know the answers. :propeller

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

HMBdvkF.gif

By the eye test, I know which line had the most pure talent and flow. But if there's one thing I know about shooting % heaters -- like, say, doubling your career shooting % despite underwhelming play driving stats -- it's that they usually carry over after a 4 month pandemic. I'd ask these same people who should play on the 3rd defensive pair and 3C, but I already know the answers. :propeller
dont

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I think that reflected AV trying to mix and match and see who fit together after he lost Lindblom.

JVR and Hayes just didn't look good, Voracek also seemed lost with Hayes, so move Voracek to the 1st line, Farabee from RW on the 3rd line to LW on the 2nd line and TK with Hayes - and finally you have a group that clicks.

Now the problem is JVR as 3LW, then Laughton? who is better at LW than center, Pitlick at RW on the third line?
But Raffl - Bunnaman/Thompson/Grant/ - NAK is fine on the 4th line.

If you have Patrick and Lindblom, this is a heck of a top 12.
Next year, I can see Laughton traded this offseason if Lindblom returns, Pitlick walks, Laczynski/Allison battle for a RW spot.
Frost gets 1st dibs at 3C unless Patrick is 100%.

Reactions: Devonator

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I think that reflected AV trying to mix and match and see who fit together after he lost Lindblom.

JVR and Hayes just didn't look good, Voracek also seemed lost with Hayes, so move Voracek to the 1st line, Farabee from RW on the 3rd line to LW on the 2nd line and TK with Hayes - and finally you have a group that clicks.

Now the problem is JVR as 3LW, then Laughton? who is better at LW than center, Pitlick at RW on the third line?
But Raffl - Bunnaman/Thompson/Grant/ - NAK is fine on the 4th line.

If you have Patrick and Lindblom, this is a heck of a top 12.
Next year, I can see Laughton traded this offseason if Lindblom returns, Pitlick walks, Laczynski/Allison battle for a RW spot.
Frost gets 1st dibs at 3C unless Patrick is 100%.

Maybe. Laughton is a guy i dont want too move. Love his PK work, and he is finally starting to produce. He's also a great character. I think he deserves an A on his jersey.

That game against Ottawa is one of his finest games.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Maybe. Laughton is a guy i dont want too move. Love his PK work, and he is finally starting to produce. He's also a great character. I think he deserves an A on his jersey.

That game against Ottawa is one of his finest games.
Can't wait for his raise to make me vomit. He is so incredibly replaceable but people think he will get better because of his age or something. He is not bad, he is useful. But he isn't 3 mil useful

An A for scooty loots? Really?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
He basically just asked who people like the most of the 4 right now. Not sure what the problem is.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad