2019/20 Roster Thread XXXII (3/5: Farabee Recalled From LHV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Honestly, Laughton in the slot is probably equal to Farabee. They don't really seem interested in using that spot much anyway to play create. They still do the double net front thing on PP2. Neither are entry wizards. Maybe if Ghost enters back 2 weeks from now, they can go Trover Sanheim. 3D PP, baby.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
After watching yesterday’s Caps-Penguins game, it is obvious that the POs in the East are going to be extremely physical bordering on bloodbaths. To compete with the rest of the teams in this conference, adding size and physicality is a must. Today’s trades did that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Honestly, Laughton in the slot is probably equal to Farabee. They don't really seem interested in using that spot much anyway to play create. They still do the double net front thing on PP2. Neither are entry wizards. Maybe if Ghost enters back 2 weeks from now, they can go Trover Sanheim. 3D PP, baby.
I don't know which will be more infuriating: if they don't put Ghost back on the PP at all OR if they put him back on the PP by removing Sanheim instead of Provorov/Niskanen.

It's going to be one or the other. I'd bet my life on it.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Laughton
Raffl
NAK
Bunnaman
Pitlick

Keep in mind that being able to play on the 3rd line in a pinch isn't the same thing as being a 3rd liner.

I won’t argue that. Just wasn’t sure if you were insinuating that this team is where it’s at in the standings with 5 fourth liners being regulars.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I won’t argue that. Just wasn’t sure if you were insinuating that this team is where it’s at in the standings with 5 fourth liners being regulars.
It sounds crazy when you say it like that, but I guess so. :laugh:
Although some of them have been playing above 4th line level, although unsustainably so.

For example, I like Laughton and he's playing decently well, but he can't keep up this 18.46% shooting %. I would much rather have called up Frost and had Laughton play 4C because outside of his inflated goal scoring I think that's where he'd fit best.

It also helps that we have guys playing like really good 4th liners, so I don't really mean that as an insult, as if it means they suck. Pitlick and NAK have done a really good job this year and Raffl is always steady.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They seem determined to overuse and overrate Laughton, so maybe him.
Pump and dump in the summer for a 1st!
I don't know which will be more infuriating: if they don't put Ghost back on the PP at all OR if they put him back on the PP by removing Sanheim instead of Provorov/Niskanen.

Option 3: Healthy scratch.

o_O

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Most playoff teams have two scoring lines and two lines that basically try and beat up the opposition.
If Gaudreau disappeared in the playoffs last year, what do you think is gonna happen to Frost?

It seems the league is quietly allowing playoff hockey (and even regular season hockey, see the lack of penalties our last few games) to become more physical than the last few years - not all the way back to clutch and grab, but probably to keep from penalty stoppages from stretching out games.

And with the league much faster the last few years (especially the bottom six and bottom D-pairs, the dinosaurs were taken out by the rule change asteroid) there is simply less room when the games get chippy and physical.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

They’ll use Ghost on the PP and take Sanheim off. If there’s been one constant with his usage this year, it’s that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They’ll use Ghost on the PP and take Sanheim off. If there’s been one constant with his usage this year, it’s that.
I know.

21f928d31c0b68f36166a9c9b63b73e3.png

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If you want MAX LUCK we should've kept Bunnaman up. That dude actually has the highest PDO on the entire team this year. :laugh:

12.05 on-ice shooting %
.975 on-ice save %
109.5 PDO
Yeah...that's that's because he plays with Hagg....3rd pairing play with bottom 6ers, right?

;)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah...that's that's because he plays with Hagg....3rd pairing play with bottom 6ers, right?

;)
:laugh: Or it might be the other way around, Hagg might be lucky because of Bunnaman.

Bunnaman with Hagg at 5v5
16.00 on-ice shooting %
100.00 on-ice sv %
116.0 PDO

45274bcbdcb658ea91c68cf28b962ab5.png

Bunnaman also has a 100.00 on-ice sv % with Friedman, Laughton, Hagg, JVR, NAK, Ghost, Niskanen, Voracek, Twarynski, Konecny, Couturier, Andreoff, Stewart, Rubtsov, Hayes, and Giroux.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
:laugh: Or it might be the other way around, Hagg might be lucky because of Bunnaman.

16.00 on-ice shooting %
100.00 on-ice sv %
116.0 PDO

Bunnaman also has a 100.00 on-ice sv % with Friedman, Laughton, Hagg, JVR, NAK, Ghost, Niskanen, Voracek, Twarynski, Konecny, Couturier, Andreoff, Stewart, Rubtsov, Hayes, and Giroux.
Shit....you cracked the code!

Reactions: Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ultimately they just need someone to play well on the 4th line and they'll be fine.

And they had three guys playing well on the fourth line. When was the last time we heard any moaning about that line? It has been weeks. I've watched all these games, and this myth that they "needed" to replace Bunny is ****ing stupid. I'm biased a very small, almost unnoticeable amount when it comes to him, and I don't mind him going down and continuing to improve despite the Beanpot B***h, but the fact is that he was holding his own plenty on that fourth line.

And it cannot be mentioned enough that Chuck snorted a Mount Everest of angel dust this summer and signed at least 560 guys for the exact purpose these two guys he acquired today are meant to fulfill. He's a ****ing bozo.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

16.00 on-ice shooting %
100.00 on-ice sv %
116.0 PDO

All kidding aside, I 100% atoadaso. Luck, **** - Bunny rules.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad