2019/20 Roster Thread XXXII (3/5: Farabee Recalled From LHV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Travis Konecny becoming a premier 5v4 PP winger this season is a very fun thing to witness:

- Wingers with at least 170 5v4 PP TOI this season:
View attachment 331429

I'm loving that rotation he and Giroux have been doing

Man imagine where Giroux would be on that list if he wasn't stuck on the wrong side most of the year...

The fact that he's as high as he is even in spite of that shows how insane he is.

Reactions: Rebels57

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Man imagine where Giroux would be on that list if he wasn't stuck on the wrong side most of the year...

The fact that he's as high as he is even in spite of that shows how insane he is.

Maybe it was all part of the master plan!

Sometimes you have to thoroughly break something before building it into something better lol.

In all honesty, though, the PP is naturally better with G and V in spots where they've had a ton of success, and it has also evolved with much more movement and some new looks and set plays that, I think, are much more aligned with the personnel we have now.

They're hitting their stride at the right time.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He doesn't play any defense so he is giving back nearly as much as he scores. He's been amazing offensively though. He also has an even better forward on his team in McDavid who isn't giving back as much defensively.

The Art Ross is enough recognition as he deserves this season.

I get/respect the defensive part of the game..i do, but isn't their already a trophy for that?

Hall won it and by no stretch is he defensive. If any d stats were in his favor that year I'm gonna guess they stemmed from Hischier.

If Drai simply played w McD, i wouldn't have him their either.

But between all the stuff i mentioned, the all situations play, the superior minutes he plays, and to run the best line in hockey sans McD....i would categorize that a valuable to a team. I believe he also has the most multi point games.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Maybe it was all part of the master plan!

Sometimes you have to thoroughly break something before building it into something better lol.

In all honesty, though, the PP is naturally better with G and V in spots where they've had a ton of success, and it has also evolved with much more movement and some new looks and set plays that, I think, are much more aligned with the personnel we have now.

They're hitting their stride at the right time.

I'd put money on the new movement being something Giroux drew up. :laugh:

He's always directing teammates around the ice on the PP and tons of times over the past few years we've seen him standing at the bench with the clipboard drawing up plays during a timeout.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I get/respect the defensive part of the game..i do, but isn't their already a trophy for that?

Hall won it and by no stretch is he defensive. If any d stats were in his favor that year I'm gonna guess they stemmed from Hischier.

If Drai simply played w McD, i wouldn't have him their either.

But between all the stuff i mentioned, the all situations play, the superior minutes he plays, and to run the best line in hockey sans McD....i would categorize that a valuable to a team. I believe he also has the most multi point games.

The entire purpose is outscoring the other team and despite the gaudy numbers, the Oilers are not outscoring the opposition much with Drai on the ice. @Appleyard already posted the numbers. That should be all you need.

Hall didn't deserve to win it over Giroux in 2018 but he was also a 1 man team that year. He didnt have McDavid. Hell I think he had like 40 more points than next closest teammate. He was better defensively than Drai too.

Look at it the same way you would look at a power hitter in baseball hitting 40 bombs but batting .210.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
So now the overrated coaching isn't actually coaching at all? Things are getting drawn up by the players.

I can't keep up anymore. Anything to deflect any kind of praise towards the coaches.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"Anything to deflect any kind of praise towards the coaches" ?

But thankfully we have Michel Therrien to solve these mysteries. Praise be.

I litrilly just praised Michel Therrien. He's been adaptable, savvy, self-critical, innovative. I hope he stays on for years to come to steer our PP. What more do some people want?

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
"Anything to deflect any kind of praise towards the coaches" ?

I litrilly just praised Michel Therrien. He's been adaptable, savvy, self-critical, innovative. I hope he stays on for years to come to steer our PP. What more do some people want?

It wasn't a reference to you. I don't think Therrien is any of those things to be fair, I guess he was just told to sort his shit out by Fletcher. But I'm happy he's finally changed the setup. There have been little tweaks which have actually worked very well and the second PP isn't a train wreck anymore.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
He has 13 goals (a career high) and a 104.4 PDO. Pump the brakes.

Sure, Laughton is one of my least favorite Flyers. I'm all for trading him or letting him walk at any time. That said, Laughton always flashed some semblance of offensive skill. His 5v5 scoring rates have always been at least decent. Acting as if that;s not a valuable attribute and acting like developing that part of the game was worthless is not really a bright idea.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Every time I marvel at how good the team is, I cannot help but think that Oskar was our best player for the first ~30 games, and it's awful that he's not there.

We are missing a young top 2 pick, a top line winger, and Ghost is a cripple.

Amazing what competent coaching can overcome. And this has been with MT being...not competent. For most of the year.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Amazing what organizational depth can overcome.

Hextall's players arriving, combined with Fletcher adding Hayes, Niskanen, Braun and Pitlick without breaking the bank, and Grant and Thompson for peanuts at the TDL.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Amazing what organizational depth can overcome.

Hextall's players arriving, combined with Fletcher adding Hayes, Niskanen, Braun and Pitlick without breaking the bank, and Grant and Thompson for peanuts at the TDL.
where would they be with Ronald still as the GM?

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Your daily dose of cute animal gif/vid, tired of Ronald edition.

tumblr_ntwp3qaJJc1s02vreo4_400.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Marc Farzetta, the 97.5 morning show host.

"Ghost doesn't play defense." "That's his nickname because he's disappeared." "He doesn't even try to play defense."

"Andy Delmore was the last defenseman that could score like Provorov (after Ghost was mentioned."

These are the type of people that are informing the Philadelphia fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad