2019/20 Roster Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Anaheim have got rid of a lot of good dmen recently.

History of NHL trades by the Anaheim Ducks - NHL Trade Tracker

Theodore, Vatanen, Pettersson, Montour.

They had to lose Theodore to Vegas because Bieksa wouldnt waive his NMC. How awful is that?

Edit: It's even deeper than that. Anaheim traded Vegas Theodore so that they would select Clayton Stoner instead of Manson or Vatanen. They were already protecting Lindholm, Fowler, and Bieksa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Can’t help not to.

What a lot of the world needs is French Revolution 2.0.

It’s quite comedic to see the masses falling for the obvious divide and distract strategy, thinking they have a say with a vote that does very little to actually effect their everyday lives.

The bourgeoisie ensure you are not focused on decades of essentially stagnant wages and how uncontrolled capitalism has funnelled far too much wealth into the hands of the few. Instead come and focus on some nonsense feud between two parties who are basically just arms of the same corporate monster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

I believe this was mentioned in the THM thread.

Sounds more like an inside joke between the two of them.

They've both praised Frost, I don't think Frost is in any kind of doghouse, with Laughton and Bunnaman playing well, they have the luxury of being patient.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Wow. Missed a lot. This made me feel a lot of feels. Miss my A6–damn responsibilities and getting a vehicle that I don’t mind getting junked up by dogs and children.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Theres talk about doing one in the NEC (dc to boston), but the funding just isnt there. Were too busy building up our space army, or whatever the flavor of the week is.

Part of the issue is the space/infrastructure needed to do so, and the fact that the areas they'd run it through are all very historic, so it becomes a should we shouldn't we kinda thing in terms if preserving space, etc. The NY to LAX one absolutely makes sense to me though.

Then theres the obvious lobbying from the large air carriers who lose revenue, etc.

Long story short: Too much red tape.

How's that high-speed rail in California doing? And that's failing in the middle of nowhere. Try getting the land through the NE corridor. Through Boston (Big Dig?), NYC (10 years to expand JFK, as an optimistic plan), etc. etc. etc.

And for those old enough to remember, they DID put in high-speed rail in the Northeast Corridor. It's called Acela and it's about the same time point to point. Now, if we were to bomb the holy shit out of every metro area, like what happened in Europe and Japan in WWII, the land would be free. Not suggesting it, but that is historically how it happened.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Last 14 games...we have 2 PPG players. I am willing to bet no one gets it right who they are without looking.

Couts 16 pts in 14 and JVR 15 pts in 14

Also, Niskanen has 12 points his last 14 games.....Hagg has 9 points his last 16 games!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
One thing that hasn't got much attention is the schedule for the next two weeks, lots of time between games, which allows AV to have practices where he can work the team and focus on the issues he thinks are key down the stretch, For most of the first half of the season, with travel and back to backs, he had little time to work on things and make adjustments.

The team will not only be rested, but AV can get them to address weaknesses that have been exposed during the season, and work on building chemistry, now that the roster has been settled.

This team could finish very strong - forget what other teams do - they have 73 points with 22 games remaining, win 14 and they have 101 points.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Can’t help not to.

What a lot of the world needs is French Revolution 2.0.

It’s quite comedic to see the masses falling for the obvious divide and distract strategy, thinking they have a say with a vote that does very little to actually effect their everyday lives.

The bourgeoisie ensure you are not focused on decades of essentially stagnant wages and how uncontrolled capitalism has funnelled far too much wealth into the hands of the few. Instead come and focus on some nonsense feud between two parties who are basically just arms of the same corporate monster.

My man

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Darkhorse candidate for goalie Fletcher mentioned he might sign:

This may go down as the worst kiss of death ever, but congratulations to NCAA Division III Norwich College goalie Tom Aubrun, who has six consecutive shutouts for the Cadets. Aubrun, a 24-year-old from Chamonix, France (host of the first Winter Olympics in 1924), is being coached by Cam Ellsworth. If that name sounds familiar, it’s because Ellsworth recruited lightly regarded
Connor Hellebuyck to his former stop (UMass-Lowell) and helped him develop into a Vezina-calibre goalie. There have been a few NHL teams check out Aubrun, too.
31 Thoughts: Making sense of Toffoli trade for Canucks - Sportsnet.ca

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Julien Gauthier, 6'4 227 #21 in 2016, 19 years old his Post-Draft season
2016-17: Q 43g 17-34 51
2017-18: AHL 65g 16-9 25
2018-19: AHL 75g 27-14 41
2019-20: AHL 44g 26-11 37
Now he'll get a full shot with the Rangers after being traded for Joey Keane (puck moving RHD prospect).
Big guys often take longer, we'll see how he does.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I guess Ghost still isn’t ready to play if needed & they want someone with them in case of an injury in warmups?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Last 14 games...we have 2 PPG players. I am willing to bet no one gets it right who they are without looking.

Couts 16 pts in 14 and JVR 15 pts in 14

Also, Niskanen has 12 points his last 14 games.....Hagg has 9 points his last 16 games!

Speaking of Hagg's scoring lately, since January 7th (when he got his first point of this hot period)...

17 games - 275:22 total
3 goals
6 assists
20.00% shooting

At even strength...
43.40 CF% (-9.58 rel)
45.33 xGF% (-7.51 rel)
Both of those are worst of anyone on the team with 100+ minutes during that time period.

Meanwhile, during the same time period at 5v5...

18.09 on-ice shooting % (highest in the entire league of players with 100+ minutes)
.985 on-ice save % (4th highest in the entire league of players with 100+ minutes)
116.6 PDO (highest in the entire league of players with 100+ minutes)

He hasn't been good.
He hasn't improved.
He has been insanely lucky.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Speaking of Hagg's scoring lately, since January 7th (when he got his first point of this hot period)...

17 games - 275:22 total
3 goals
6 assists
20.00% shooting

At even strength...
43.40 CF% (-9.58 rel)
45.33 xGF% (-7.51 rel)
Both of those are worst of anyone on the team with 100+ minutes during that time period.

Meanwhile, during the same time period at 5v5...

18.09 on-ice shooting % (highest in the entire league of players with 100+ minutes)
.985 on-ice save % (4th highest in the entire league of players with 100+ minutes)
116.6 PDO (highest in the entire league of players with 100+ minutes)

He hasn't been good.
He hasn't improved.
He is our lucky charm. You need to accept it!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

He hasn't been good.
He hasn't improved.

Try looking at his last 9 games.
There was obviously a period of adjustment pairing with Braun.
Seems they've gotten over that hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad