2019/20 Roster Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Not sure why @Captain Dave Poulin liked this post because that player is currently Bunny. :sarcasm:

Bunny hasn't done anything wrong whatsoever. He is moving well, forechecking diligently, and fulfilling the duties of a fourth liner. The little narrative some of our ****tiest posters have come up with about him have about as much substance as the stupid narrative surrounding the Pimp last year. Not worth the effort of consideration. And yes, he probably will be sent down soon.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Bunny hasn't done anything wrong whatsoever. He is moving well, forechecking diligently, and fulfilling the duties of a fourth liner. The little narrative some of our ****tiest posters have come up with about him have about as much substance as the stupid narrative surrounding the Pimp last year. Not worth the effort of consideration. And yes, he probably will be sent down soon.
Says the guy who attached himself to Bunnaman based on his name.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And even though I’ve been campaigning for him to be sent down, it has zero to do with him playing poorly (since he hasn’t) and everything to do with me desperately wanting Frost and Farabee on the team.

It just so happens that them coming up would almost certainly be at his expense.

Forgive me Cap :(

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
And even though I’ve been campaigning for him to be sent down, it has zero to do with him playing poorly (since he hasn’t) and everything to do with me desperately wanting Frost and Farabee on the team.

It just so happens that them coming up would almost certainly be at his expense.

Forgive me Cap :(

It isn't that he is doing anything poorly, he just isn't doing anything.

Reactions: Peacekeeper

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, he's typically invisible, but that's not really a bad thing for young 4th liners. He's certainly not a detriment.

Thing is, I'm 100% convinced Farabee and Frost would be noticeable positives. Especially when that bottom six desperately needs an injection of skill until Patrick is back.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

What do you expect him to "do" exactly, on that line with those linemates, that he isn't doing? I don't think he is doing anything notable either (and my comments will never reflect this), but let's not let this stupid narrative that he is somehow "failing" in his duties balloon any further. The one with the Pimp is embarrassing enough.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
What do you expect him to "do" exactly, on that line with those linemates, that he isn't doing? I don't think he is doing anything notable either (and my comments will never reflect this), but let's not let this stupid narrative that he is somehow "failing" in his duties balloon any further. The one with the Pimp is embarrassing enough.

Idk something I guess. I'm happy for the guy but this was premature.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Bunny had a 91% xGF% in his 7.5 minutes last game. He will get sent down when the team gets healthier — he hasn’t even played center oddly enough — or when they can finally call up Farabee and bump down Twarynski to a more ideal role. But isn’t low event, puck possession some people’s fetish for 4th liners?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's playing great too.

But that's what happens when buried with Hagg and 4th liners. Plus the top PP unit needs to be fixed.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I went to check the microstats for the Devils game and while it’s important to understand it’s only one game, Lindblom had an asburdly good one and did it in ways I didn’t expect.

He had 6 Controlled Entries. The next closest Flyer was Hayes with 4, but remember that includes some breakaways. No one else had more than 2. Meanwhile Lindblom also only dumped it in once. It’s clear entering with possession was the priority.

He also tied for 2nd on the team with 3 Controlled Exits, only one behind Konecny with 4.

Don’t underestimate how important he’s been to that line.

*Edit* Fixed some autocorrect.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I went to check the microstats for the Devils game and while it’s important to understand it’s only one game, Lindblom had an asburdly good one and did it in ways I didn’t expect.

He had 6 Controlled Entries. The next closest Flyer was Hayes with 4, but remember that includes some breakaways. No one else had more than 2. Meanwhile Lindblom also only dumped it in once. It’s clear entering with possession was the priority.

He also tied for 2nd on the team with 3 Controlled Exits, only one behind Konecny with 4.

Lindblom is starting to dominate the NHL like he did his final season in the SHL. His skating is absurdly improved and that's one of the factors that was holding back his effectiveness a bit. I don't know who to compare him to yet, but he's going to have a big season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bunny had a 91% xGF% in his 7.5 minutes last game. He will get sent down when the team gets healthier — he hasn’t even played center oddly enough — or when they can finally call up Farabee and bump down Twarynski to a more ideal role. But isn’t low event, puck possession some people’s fetish for 4th liners?

He looked so much better at Center in preseason than at Wing so far. Not sure what they were thinking making that swap. Raffl has been awful at C and is getting spanked on the faceoff dot. It cost us a goal last night actually.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Welcome aboard the Lindblom wagon.
He's underestimated just like Couts a few years ago, not pretty enough for some people.

Regarding Bunnaman, he's playing better than Vorobyev last season, but there's no "there there" right now. That is, he's not screwing up but he's not making plays at either end. Given he's 21, with one AHL season under his belt, it's not the end of the world when he gets sent down. Then it becomes how hard does he want to work to improve to the point where he'll win a job somewhere (let's face it, once Frost and Farabee come up, the only open spots the next couple years will be on the 4th line).

Raffl is not a center, neither is Laughton. Bunnaman works at center only with a wing like Voracek, because he's not much of a playmaker either. The 3rd line is waiting on Patrick/Frost, the 4th line on Rubtsov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad