Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I got u fam

Also, it was Olive Garden

Voila_Capture-2015-08-13_12-42-20_PM.jpg

I will tell you boys this. As unbelievably marrow-deep as Hakstok's fundamental stupidity is, he would NEVER have invited a pack of professional sportswriters out to eat if he had ever spent any time around any of them at all beforehand. We are talking about literally the biggest food slobs on the face of the Earth. If no one at that table lost a finger to sportswriter teeth, it is a miracle.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Seriously, Carchidi is so happy because it's a free meal and a step up from what he normally gums down.

I suspect Timmy was behind this meeting of the minds rather than Hak. Had to be a high-class Italian restaurant with plenty of Barolo on hand ... and bottomless breadsticks.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Seriously, Carchidi is so happy because it's a free meal and a step up from what he normally gums down.

I suspect Timmy was behind this meeting of the minds rather than Hak. Had to be a high-class Italian restaurant with plenty of Barolo on hand ... and bottomless breadsticks.

One day, after newspapers have finally heaved their final death throes, there will be zoos where people can watch sportswriters attack a buffet. It's incomparably disgusting.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I doubt Frost or Farabee suddenly made a quantum jump the last two weeks.

It's a timing issue, ideally Patrick is healthy, Laughton is the 4C and the kids stay in LHV until January or so. With Patrick out, the decisions become tougher.

At some point Farabee, Frost and Rubtsov should all be up this year, which is going to make the roster a tad bit crowded (Mr Stewart, I hope you brought your seat cushion with you).

But we're talking an undersized center with no pro experience, a 19 year old who's physically underdeveloped, and a oft injured center with a total of 35 games of pro experience.

It's not like any of these three are uber-talents who can just outskate their mistakes.
All three are the kind of players who will improve with experience.
So...this was said 1 week ago, and 2 days before Farabee was recalled.

Can you just say you were wrong? Or will you double down?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Funny how it’s just like with TK it went from “he’s a 4th liner who has shown nothing and should be in the AHL” to “Hakstol developed him into a top 6 forward” in a matter of days.

Same Sanheim as a top 4. His 17 games of watching from the box and 13 games in the AHL really turned him around.

Maybe we should loan Stewart to the Marlies, and hell magically come back somewhat useful.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I will tell you boys this. As unbelievably marrow-deep as Hakstok's fundamental stupidity is, he would NEVER have invited a pack of professional sportswriters out to eat if he had ever spent any time around any of them at all beforehand. We are talking about literally the biggest food slobs on the face of the Earth. If no one at that table lost a finger to sportswriter teeth, it is a miracle.

I worked with sportswriters all my life and I can attest to the truthfulness of this post.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Farabee's 3 goals and 4 points in 4 AHL games after going pointless in 4 NHL preseason games probably did absolutely nothing for his confidence, and the Flyers would have gone undefeated if he were up from game 1, even though the Phantoms went 2-2 in his 4 games.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think AV didn't want Farabee to debut on the road trip, in BTG, he tells Farabee to work hard and he'll be back quickly. Guess he meant what he said?
And they probably wanted a look at Bunnaman and Twarynski in game action, Fletcher told us players would be up and down from LHV, partially based on matchups.

Frost may be more a matter of defensive responsibilities, see the "Scheme thread" for an explanation.

Myers was given the #6 job and blew it, it was never about talent but attitude and focus. Some day we'll get the details, probably an interview with Myers in a couple years where he explains how he screwed up and learned from his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad