2019/20 Roster Thread XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Im assuming that Welinski waiver move is a lot like when they waived Weise, meaning that he will stay with the team for now until the need to make a move.

His ass better be on the next plane to ABE.

And Farabee on the next plane to Alberta

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
D0137682-71DE-4D3E-AA28-E33AF949B5EE.jpeg

*The darkest timeline*

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Genuinely curious about Ghost.

He looks ... different. Not sure how to explain other than that.

On the one hand, he seems to be making more deft defensive plays. And he's great at disrupting the rush coming the other way.

On the other, I don't know, he just doesn't seem to be as dynamic offensively. There are still nice passes and plays, but the dynamic part of it is missing. I remember both his rookie year and then his other great year, he'd make something happen on just about every shift. Maybe he's picking his spots better?

Same with the PP really. He doesn't appear to be a threat from the point.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it, and he's become a more rounded defenseman.

It's only 3 games in, so time will tell I guess.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

On the one hand, he seems to be making more deft defensive plays. And he's great at disrupting the rush coming the other way.

On the other, I don't know, he just doesn't seem to be as dynamic offensively. There are still nice passes and plays, but the dynamic part of it is missing. I remember both his rookie year and then his other great year, he'd make something happen on just about every shift. Maybe he's picking his spots better?

Its hard to be dynamic offensively when you are shackled with poor players for most of your playing time. It's also difficult to be effective on the PP when the team is purposely making the PP worse. The passing lanes arent there like they used to be there, and its not ideal for anyone thats on the ice during them. One of the league's best PPs didnt just magically forget how to score on the PP.

Reactions: Striiker

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

No one on our team looks dynamic offensively. We aren't running our offense through d, that's why.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

He has no speed. It fascinates me that people don’t see this. He’s still agile. But he has zero extra gear. And for a little offensive defenseman in a fast league, it kills him. He just blasts shots into shin pads now. He’s at least not forced as many bad plays in the d-zone & neutral zone so far this season. So that’s a plus. But, to paraphrase Dr. Loomis, the dynamism is gone.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly

Lol. **** off Dave.

Where’s MacDonald at in the NHL?

Good call Dave, we just pull names from a helmet - not watch every game and know more about this team and sport than you ever have.

I tend to defend the local media once in a while because I think the hate can go over the top, but garbage like this doesn’t help.

Reactions: dag54

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Think AV said earlier that he likes 8D as they can rotate pairings in practice. And most teams take 8D. I’m guessing Welinski stays with team next two games and they re assess when home
I thought it said he was put on waivers in order to be assigned to LHV.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I thought it said he was put on waivers in order to be assigned to LHV.
Could be a paper transaction for now until they get back. You can be assigned but not report per orders of the team assigning you. But I don't think it is.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I'm generally with Dave G on this one in principle -- it isn't the end of the world if you play a borderline NHLer in a borderline role.

I think the premise is that it's more common to play borderline players in those roles than people hype themselves up to believe. Sure if Myers was better, it'd ideally be best to play him right away instead of a Hagg, but there's typically a Hagg on every team. We're not a glorious exception to the norm of a roster.

Again: Don't freak out and go "WHY BE THE NORM WHEN WE CAN BE BETTER?!?!? DUMB!" -- I'm just saying that there's a lot of very good things to look at on our defense. Don't look at the #6 slot and harp on it all season when 1-4 (5) being in-line is much more indicative of your success rather than #6.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
What's up with Jake's and Ghosts lack of icetime? Are they banged up or something?

Neither has really done much so far, and Vigneault seems to be using them accordingly. Ghost has been alright in his own end but hasn't had much offensive spark, Voracek has just been kind of wandering around the ice like he's new here.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Ask @Magua to talk to you about FungeBob Haggpants and his offensive rushes, but beware - he (Magua) will try to eat you afterwards.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
When did it not matter to have good bottom pairing / a 4th line? Now it's like "It's JUST the 6th/7th defender and a guy on the 4th line!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->