2019/20 Roster Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Unfortunately he represents something larger. He was one of a pack of obsolete players, and along with Hagg presents valuation of badness; this is an era of razor thin margins between success and failure and that mindset is self-sabotaging.

I'd rather see them purge him and that mindset. I like winning. I like making winning easier. I don't like piling dung with my bare hands. They have piled dung with their bare hands.

success and failure at this level are not razor thin . Maybe razor thin between winning a cup and not winning a cup but we are not at that point where we have to worry about razor thin margins. I personally believe that this year is an evaluation year for this core. Fletch did what he thought he could to make this as competitive of a team this year and make the playoffs. If we fail to make the playoffs I could see some big changes .

Winning is a bad minset. Stanley cups are the proper mindset. Its one of the reasons why i hated the fletcher signing, because it is obvious he is a dave scott puppet who wants to put butts in the seats now. Winning now mindset is brining up carter hart before we know if he can handle an nhl season, and put the whole f***ing season on his back. Winning now mindset is Signing Kevin Hayes to a life long contract which further complicates our future at that position. Winning now mindset is trading for Braun.

f*** winning now. Plan your cup window, and then go for it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nope, I think hes hurt and am right, you think he was sent down to be benched, you're wrong :)
That's not even the argument. :laugh:

I'm saying we don't know 100% for sure if he's currently hurt or not, since it's possible for players to sit out preseason games when healthy just to be safe, especially if they were recently hurt. The people arguing with me are saying he 100% must be hurt because of missing preseason games.

In other words, I'm saying no guarantees can be made. Others are making guarantees they can't possibly know for sure.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
success and failure at this level are not razor thin . Maybe razor thin between winning a cup and not winning a cup but we are not at that point where we have to worry about razor thin margins. I personally believe that this year is an evaluation year for this core. Fletch did what he thought he could to make this as competitive of a team this year and make the playoffs. If we fail to make the playoffs I could see some big changes .

Winning is a bad minset. Stanley cups are the proper mindset. Its one of the reasons why i hated the fletcher signing, because it is obvious he is a dave scott puppet who wants to put butts in the seats now. Winning now mindset is brining up carter hart before we know if he can handle an nhl season, and put the whole ****ing season on his back. Winning now mindset is Signing Kevin Hayes to a life long contract which further complicates our future at that position. Winning now mindset is trading for Braun.

**** winning now. Plan your cup window, and then go for it.

The difference between playoffs and non playoffs is indeed razor thin and can take 80-82 games to decide. Slipping in like that usually bodes ill for winning a Cup, but not always.

Reactions: Jtown

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round until we hit a brick wall, burst into flames, and die an agonizing death.

Sadly this may be the title of a book about the Philadelphia Flyers post the 04-05 lockout.

2006 out in the first
2007 DNQ, dead last in NHL
2008 lost in Conf final
2009 out in the first
2010 lost in SCF
2011 lost in 2nd rd
2012 lost in 2nd rd
2013 DNQ
2014 out in one
2015 DNQ
2016 out in one
2017 DNQ
2018 out in one
2019 DNQ
2020 ????

Good times, good times

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Entering a new thread like

7zbz.gif
maxresdefault.jpg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round until we hit a brick wall, burst into flames, and die an agonizing death.

Sadly this may be the title of a book about the Philadelphia Flyers post the 04-05 lockout.

2006 out in the first
2007 DNQ, dead last in NHL
2008 lost in Conf final
2009 out in the first
2010 lost in SCF
2011 lost in 2nd rd
2012 lost in 2nd rd
2013 DNQ
2014 out in one
2015 DNQ
2016 out in one
2017 DNQ
2018 out in one
2019 DNQ
2020 ????

Good times, good times

I’m sure the organization won’t give a fart unless this sort of thing starts to grow - but this is perhaps going to be a year I simply step away from watching games regularly.

If the kids ending up being filtered in, they will have me back but I’m not going to be watching another season of poor talent evaluation and the obsession with low talent try hards.

It’s funny, never thought I’d get here. It’s not worth it though.

Reactions: BiggE

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I’m sure the organization won’t give a fart unless this sort of thing starts to grow - but this is perhaps going to be a year I simply step away from watching games regularly.

If the kids ending up being filtered in, they will have me back but I’m not going to be watching another season of poor talent evaluation and the obsession with low talent try hards.

It’s funny, never thought I’d get here. It’s not worth it though.
Living in FL now, it takes more effort to follow them than when I lived in the Philly area.

I’ll still watch and follow though, after nearly 50 years of being a diehard, it’s a tough habit to break. But sadly, unlike the first 40-45 years, I rarely go into the season with any optimism anymore. That truly blows.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Why has Philadelphia gone so soft in the past years? Who's to blame? As an old school fan it hurts to see.

Hire me as GM. I'll put an all guns blazing team on the ice. 7-5 wins, and a forth line of goons. Anyone not willing to drop the gloves, or block a shot with his face, better be ppg or he's going to the minors.

First we'll tank for Matt Savoie 2022, then we'll go for SC before 2025.

Not a Flyers fan btw. Just doing this out of sheer empathy.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why has Philadelphia gone so soft in the past years? Who's to blame? As an old school fan it hurts to see.

Hire me as GM. I'll put an all guns blazing team on the ice. 7-5 wins, and a forth line of goons. Anyone not willing to drop the gloves, or block a shot with his face, better be ppg or he's going to the minors.

giphy.gif

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia

D823C6AD-856A-462B-92E5-9604FFA655D6.jpeg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Spare us your empathy next time.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Vigneault will turn them around, but it will take some time. Too many guys who play a dumb, non-team game & who also don’t hound the puck.

Basically, they have too many slow, lazy, &/or selfish players with a lot of bad habits to break.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
That guy coached in two SC finals, beating your team several times if I don't got my facts wrong.

Samuel Morin, Konecny, Gabriel, Patrick, Provorov, Hart, and Couturier. Those are the only ones that would survive my purge. Not sure about the upoming talent however.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Vigneault will turn them around, but it will take some time. Too many guys who play a dumb, non-team game & who also don’t hound the puck.

Basically, they have too many slow, lazy, &/or selfish players with a lot of bad habits to break.
I don’t think effort is the MAIN issue. Will agree that it seems a somewhat lackadaisical attitude has set in.

Vigneault needs to show me he can properly evaluate talent and develop some of the youngsters.

The most recent proposed lineup was ass ugly. We shall see if that changes for opening day.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Non-team game? They fully bought into and tried to execute what Hakstol and Gordon preached.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

ERGyquW.png

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t think effort is the MAIN issue. Will agree that it seems a somewhat lackadaisical attitude has set in.

Vigneault needs to show me he can properly evaluate talent and develop some of the youngsters.

The most recent proposed lineup was ass ugly. We shall see if that changes for opening day.
Twarysnki fills a high-motor, puck winning role they sorely lack.

Bunnaman gives them size & strength they need, & they also need a C, but we’ll see if he has the motor & edge.

Patrick being out at 3C is the biggest problem. If they didn’t sign Hayes, the season would be over already.

Farabee has the motor & intelligence they need; he’s just trying to do too much & needs a little adjustment time.

The lineup has issues, but I think it has more to do with injuries & a couple young guys not being quite ready.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m more concerned we’ve iced a mediocre roster that has produced mediocre results for pretty much this entire decade & doesn’t appear to be ending any time soon.

If I wanted to watch people beat each other up I’d watch UFC or Boxing.
And the reason we've watched mediocre rosters is because we've had too many of these old fashioned dinosaurs.

FlyerNutter

Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Twarysnki fills a high-motor, puck winning role they sorely lack.

Bunnaman gives them size & strength they need, & they also need a C, but we’ll see if he has the motor & edge.

Patrick being out at 3C is the biggest problem. If they didn’t sign Hayes, the season would be over already.

Farabee has the motor & intelligence they need; he’s just trying to do too much & needs a little adjustment time.

The lineup has issues, but I think it has more to do with injuries & a couple young guys not being quite ready.

It’s inexcusable if Farabee doesn’t play imo.

If they want to try and sell me that a up and down pre season has them ranking Morin higher than Myers... fine. Playing Hagg is cowardly nonsense when you have other options.

I think I’m the biggest proponent of the idea that this team lacks enough high end talent, but even the smaller decisions like mentioned above... matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad