*Just gonna repost this from the last thread to clarify...*

To visualize what I'm saying...

If Frost is NOT able to play we should have:

JVR-Laughton-Farabee
Raffl-Bunnaman-Twar/Pitlick

If Frost is able to play we should have:
JVR-Frost-Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Twar/Pitlick

Those are the best possible bottom 6's... and instead we have this abomination...
JVR-Laughton-Twarynski
Raffl-Bunnaman-Pitlick (assuming he's able to play)

And that's not bashing Bunnaman. It's just that we don't have any reason to believe that he's a better C than either Frost or Laughton right now.

Reactions: DaphneLion

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
@Ghosts Beer

Dude, Stewart ****ing sucks. The fact that it has gone on this long is weird.
He does suck. But he’s not on contract. He’s an emergency body. And people have made way too big of a deal over it. All PTO guys suck. All 14th/15th forwards suck. That’s why they are in that position.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He does suck. But he’s not on contract. He’s an emergency body. And people have made way too big of a deal over it. All PTO guys suck. All 14th/15th forwards suck. That’s why they are in that position.

Good, i am glad we agree on that. I did like your point earlier about how its a free body. That is actually quite slick by Chuck in that regard.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Continue here.

1eIm4hb.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
*Just gonna repost this from the last thread to clarify...*

To visualize what I'm saying...

If Frost is NOT able to play we should have:

JVR-Laughton-Farabee
Raffl-Bunnaman-Twar/Pitlick

If Frost is able to play we should have:
JVR-Frost-Farabee
Raffl-Laughton-Twar/Pitlick

Those are the best possible bottom 6's... and instead we have this abomination...
JVR-Laughton-Twarynski
Raffl-Bunnaman-Pitlick (assuming he's able to play)

And that's not bashing Bunnaman. It's just that we don't have any reason to believe that he's a better C than either Frost or Laughton right now.

But if Frost is injured, (Appears yes as he still is not playing), we are one winger away from your ideal lines? And a very good chance Farabee still plays friday, I agree with your lines .

Reactions: blinds and Jtown

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

We have numerous players who can be an emergency body. There is no need to introduce inefficiency to the organization by valuing the Stewart model of player. There is no need to limit your roster possibilities by relying on him as your emergency husk.

It's a bad mindset on the part of management.

Edit: And so it seems we are discussing dung.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
We have numerous players who can be an emergency body. There is no need to introduce inefficiency to the organization by valuing the Stewart model of player. There is no need to limit your roster possibilities by relying on him as your emergency husk.

It's a bad mindset on the part of management.

Edit: And so it seems we are discussing dung.

Ghost Brought up a good point earlier about how he is a guy who right now doesn't even have a contract, and doesn't count against the cap. You can't have a better emergency body than that.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Dang. I thought it would be a little funny if Striker's special font post didn't survive into the new thread as he put a few seconds of effort into it at least.

Reactions: flyersfan187

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, Twaynski and Bunnaman showed enough in pre-season to warrant a shot, certainly as much as Vorobyev last year.
They're also more likely to maintain their intensity when the games count, the Pimp really did go belly up.

My suspicion (unlike some here, I tend to employ caveats, because I'm not a former scout and I don't have inside information) is that 6 or so rookies will play at least 10 games this season, both as cameos to see if they're ready and to give them a taste of the NHL to guide their development (gee, it's a lot tougher than the AHL, maybe I should condition more, drink less and watch some film).

It's not unusual for a young player to bounce around for a year or two before settling in as a NHL starter.
It's a big jump from the AHL, SHL and KHL and an even bigger from the CHL or NCAA play.

It's obvious that Frost and Farabee will be NHL starters at some point, but it's difficult to claim with authority that right now they'd be more than marginal NHL players (i.e. the difference between them and more physically ready players like Twarynski and Bunnaman isn't that great RIGHT NOW).

When I look at Farabee, I see a guy who is 20 lbs of muscle away from stardom, when I look at Frost, I see a guy who may follow Giroux's footsteps, dominate the AHL for half a season then hit the ground running (skating).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ghost Brought up a good point earlier about how he is a guy who right now doesn't even have a contract, and doesn't count against the cap. You can't have a better emergency body than that.

Unfortunately he represents something larger. He was one of a pack of obsolete players, and along with Hagg presents valuation of badness; this is an era of razor thin margins between success and failure and that mindset is self-sabotaging.

I'd rather see them purge him and that mindset. I like winning. I like making winning easier. I don't like piling dung with my bare hands. They have piled dung with their bare hands.

Reactions: FLYERSFAN18

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But if Frost is injured, (Appears yes as he still is not playing), we are one winger away from your ideal lines? And a very good chance Farabee still plays friday, I agree with your lines .
I wouldn't say ideal lines, but best realistic ones. And it's the trickle down effect that matters as much as adding Farabee and Frost. Missing them both makes us lose out on their potential production and pushes people up into roles they're not suited for, which then pushes people up to fill those empty spots. Kinda like if Couturier gets injured and everyone has to move up a line, it's more than saying "we're just missing one player", right?

And do you really want to start this Frost discussion again? :laugh:

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Watch a team like Anaheim take off this year with arguably less young offensive talent because their hand was forced to actually play them.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I wouldn't say ideal lines, but best realistic ones. And it's the trickle down effect that matters as much as adding Farabee and Frost. Missing them both makes us lose out on their potential production and pushes people up into roles they're not suited for, which then pushes people up to fill those empty spots. Kinda like if Couturier gets injured and everyone has to move up a line, it's more than saying "we're just missing one player", right?

And do you really want to start this Frost discussion again? :laugh:

Nope, I think hes hurt and am right, you think he was sent down to be benched, you're wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad