Speculation: 2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
August 1st, when a twice-waived, minor-leaguer has his day in the arbitration sun.

No really. They shoot him into the sun that day.
Will teams use Labanc's contract as a comparable and argue players like Elie should take a pay cut?

Reactions: joshjull

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
August 1st, when a twice-waived, minor-leaguer has his day in the arbitration sun.

No really. They shoot him into the sun that day.

on a day if my mom would have been still alive my parents would be celebrating 55 years....

all i can think of (unsure if this can happen)

player files
arbitration hearing
arbitration decision
team refuses
player then is UFA

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
A team only has walk-away rights if the player's award is over a certain amount. It looks like this season that amount is about $4.4M. There's absolutely no way Elie will get that amount, and there is no realistic way any of the other Sabres RFAs will either. The Sabres will not be walking away from any arbitration awards.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that one. Gonna be some interesting "Stats" presented.

It will look and sound something like this:

giphy.gif

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'd still rather try to move someone left if there's not a good return for Risto in a trade.

Dahlin
Miller
Pilut
Risto
Mountour
Joker
7th: McCabe

compared to last years top 7 in ice time
Risto
Dahlin
Bogo
Scandella
Mccabe
Pilut
Nelson

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Ullmark going to Arbitration is a sour spot. No one has more faith in him then me on this board but not accepting a QO for a show and prove season is arrogant. Opting for arbitration as if the organization is doing him a disservice with a QO as a lowball offer because he thinks his value is more is a bad look.

He couldn't even outplay Hutton last season.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Ullmark going to Arbitration is a sour spot. No one has more faith in him then me on this board but not accepting a QO for a show and prove season is arrogant. Opting for arbitration as if the organization is doing him a disservice with a QO as a lowball offer because he thinks his value is more is a bad look.

Maybe he wants 2 years.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
So, now we can trade Risto + a couple of throw in forwards for a 2C on a rebuilding team. Maybe retain salary on some if they're poor (Ottawa).

Then have a big fire sale of all the spare parts and have a bunch of mid-to-late round picks the next three drafts.

We do have stuff that would completely work at the Trade Deadline (Scandella, Sheary, Bogo, Hunwick?) but what do we do with these guys until then?

Reactions: Franson

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
For all the botts is boring talk hes had a pretty busy few months.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

outplay---that is debateable.

If he plays 35-45 games he will want to make something around 2.5M...and I dont blame him. He could take a starting job next year if he gets hot.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
outplay---that is debateable.

If he plays 35-45 games he will want to make something around 2.5M...and I dont blame him. He could take a starting job next year if he gets hot.
not really, Ullmark regressed. You could see it, many of his former bad habits crept back into his game, something I thought he fixed in Rochester. He has a long way to go to ever becoming a legit 1.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So, now we can trade Risto + a couple of throw in forwards for a 2C on a rebuilding team. Maybe retain salary on some if they're poor (Ottawa).

Then have a big fire sale of all the spare parts and have a bunch of mid-to-late round picks the next three drafts.

We do have stuff that would completely work at the Trade Deadline (Scandella, Sheary, Bogo, Hunwick?) but what do we do with these guys until then?
I think we could unload Sheary and Bogo for cheap picks. May have to take some salary back on the Bogo deal. As of right now one of Scandella or Hunwick is likely on the third pair to start the year, so may as well keep them both for the time being.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

God forbid a player exercise his collectively bargained rights to be paid more than the bare minimum.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

With Scandella, Sheary, and Hunwick they can be traded at 50% and they can get back a 2nd-4th rounf picks.

My thought is Buffalo looking at a trade with team Z. team Z didnt want Nylander but wanted a young Dman like Joki instead?????

Im unsure if Joki is ED exempt because he didnt accrue a full NHL season last year.

what if they decide to have Risto as a RW??

Skinner-Eichel-Vesey
Olafsson-Mitts-Reinhart
Sherry-Johansson -Risto

I see something happening in 72 hrs

Reactions: k8prisoner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4