Speculation: 2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Let's also remember what Hall has done on the Devils. The guy is a lottery pick magnet.

So are we.

I have a feeling that if we could go back in time and do that trade, the franchise is in a far better position today (the one caveat being we somehow don’t land Dahlin because Hall got us a few more points in the standings, etc., but that’s damn near impossible to quantify).

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Saw this and it’s pretty good explanation of why Pommer fit so well with Jack.

Jack retains o-zone possession so long that players who know where to go can eventually get there. It does make one wonder at the lack of results of Okposo there on Jack's RW since the concussion. Would they look at that again? I don't know, but when Jack took off in Phil's year 1 (before getting hurt), it was with KO on RW. Not sure what the numbers and stats might say about it... just a thought.

Reactions: Husko and joshjull

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Looking at the roster as it stands right now, I’m guessing Pominville isn’t coming back right? Idek where you could put him besides Jacks RW, something I really don’t want.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Looking at the roster as it stands right now, I’m guessing Pominville isn’t coming back right? Idek where you could put him besides Jacks RW, something I really don’t want.

Pominville won't be back, I've never imagined him returning after his contract ended. It's time for him, and time for the Sabres to move on.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
And when Brassard was on the ice last year, a megaton of shots from hi danger areas got through to the net. Over the course of a season, that's no coincidence. It indicates poor defensive play.

Though as I've said -- I do wonder if his year last year and general time with PIT was the outlier.......and if asked to take on a more offensively-oriented 2C role he could get back to 2C form.
I also don't have access to older years, but as for the rest of his last season with other teams:
Brassard COL w.png
Brassard COL wo.png
Brassard FLA w.png
Brassard FLA wo.png

His entire season was a disaster in his own end. Maybe it was a down year. Maybe it is a downward trajectory. Maybe it's just a player in his thirties that doesn't have the feet to defend the center position anymore. Either way, I'm not too interested.

Reactions: Chainshot

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I also don't have access to older years, but as for the rest of his last season with other teams:
View attachment 243681 View attachment 243683 View attachment 243685 View attachment 243687

His entire season was a disaster in his own end. Maybe it was a down year. Maybe it is a downward trajectory. Maybe it's just a player in his thirties that doesn't have the feet to defend the center position anymore. Either way, I'm not too interested.
And for comparison, in case anyone is thinking "well he must just be getting caved in because he's playing such tough minutes," here's what a good defensive center's chart looks like in his own end:

Larsson w.png
Larsson wo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->