Speculation: 2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hope that Hoffman talk doesn't involve erod; id only be willing to part with erod if its to put a package over the top in the risto for young 2c speculation

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
It’ll be interesting to see who signs where tomorrow.

If some of these teams land expensive free agents I’m hoping Buffalo will be able to pull off a couple more cheap(ish) trades for players from cap strapped teams (like Bonino from Nashville maybe, or a guy from Florida (panthers or lightning).

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Hoffman is an absolute weapon on the power play and in overtime, but he is not a great 5v5 player. For me, the bigger question is if we trade McCabe, are we just going without any physical, stay at home D this season? I'm interested to see what happens and who they target (if anyone) to play the "shutdown" minutes.

IMO McCabe had an excellent first part of the season but he fell way off after Christmas. Similar to Scandella who was very solid his first year and a tire fire his second year. It's hard to know what you're going to get from these guys.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
The Hoffman talk does make sense.

It sounds like they are getting Panarin probably. Panarin, Huberdeau, Dadonov is lots of top-6 winger firepower. And they won't likely be looking to re-sign Hoffman longterm after.

I could see them being interested in a cheapish D like McCabe.

But agreed with the consensus here...McCabe is okay. I don't want to see ERod moved out in this kind of deal.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
McCabe for Hoffman, I like.

That being said, Hoffman’s next contract worries me.

7+ million per season for years 30-35+

Definitely need to unload Okposo to Seattle if that’s the case.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
McCabe for Hoffman, I like.

That being said, Hoffman’s next contract worries me.

7+ million per season for years 30-35+

Definitely need to unload Okposo to Seattle if that’s the case.
Right, I dont see him making sense as a long term option here

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Sabre's Free Agent Frenzy Recap (Please reply with additions, updates).

- Matt Zuccarello, Minnesota pursuing hard, Columbus still interested. per LeBrun.

- Joonas Donskoi, Down to Colorado and one other team (not Sabres) per LeBrun.

- Gustav Nyquist, A name to watch for Sabres now if they can perhaps get shorter term for more money per Chad .D

- Brian Boyle, Anton Stralman, and Ryan Dzingel per previous reporting.​

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I honestly do not care, it will be Hoffman il Nyquist, although the Swede will be free, but help forward is very much needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad