2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
With the rumored karlsson deal in Las Vegas gotta hope botts is on the phone. Miller + haula would free buffalo to move risto

No....

I’m not trading Risto for Miller and a 1yr left UFA. More needs to come from vegas that isn’t over 24 yrs old.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
based on nothing but my own intuition i think we are going after Jake Gardiner, who i know has some haters, but i'm of the opinion is actually pretty good. Would be a meaningful upgrade on my avatar and i dont think he's the type of D-man who falls off a cliff.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
No....

I’m not trading Risto for Miller and a 1yr left UFA. More needs to come from vegas that isn’t over 24 yrs old.

I don't think he's suggesting we use Risto in that deal. Merely that acquiring Miller and a center allows us to trade Risto for the bpa.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Not enough going to Edmonton. RNH is more valuable than Risto. Nylander doesn’t hold much trade value right now, and they won’t sell low on Larsson.

I wouldn't trade Risto for RNH straight across. Aside from last year's McDavid effect, RNH is barely more productive than Risto offensively, and his underlying metrics are bad---and that's without being exposed to top minutes/top competition like Risto is.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I wouldn't trade Risto for RNH straight across. Aside from last year's McDavid effect, RNH is barely more productive than Risto offensively, and his underlying metrics are bad---and that's without being exposed to top minutes/top competition like Risto is.

I wouldn’t mind RNH who has history with Krueger for Ristolainen. If we can add:

RNH
Hoffman
Haula
Miller
Donskoi

Then I can relax for the summer. :DD

Reactions: MagnumForce2

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
I wouldn’t mind RNH who has history with Krueger for Ristolainen. If we can add:

RNH
Hoffman
Haula
Miller
Donskoi

Then I can relax for the summer. :DD

How are we fitting Hoffman, RNH, donskoi under the cap? Let alone the other 2.. assuming that Hoffman gets 7ish mil, he and RNH take up 13-14 mil of our 19 mil cap space right now...and that’s before our RFAs

Edit:with risto being traded the cap they take would be more like 8-9 mil of the 19. Still leaves 10-11 mil for 5-RFAs and 3 UFAs in your scenario

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
How are we fitting Hoffman, RNH, donskoi under the cap? Let alone the other 2.. assuming that Hoffman gets 7ish mil, he and RNH take up 13-14 mil of our 19 mil cap space right now...and that’s before our RFAs
What’s a cap?:sarcasm:

We make it sound so easy. It’s not like 30 other teams are trying to sign free agents this off season.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I was on the Sabres website checking out all the draft videos. When I had finished with them I kept scrolling and came to the end of season player interviews and clicked on Mittelstadt's and was stunned to see the pale blob of flesh in front of the microphones. A 6 month season, 82 games, practices, weight room and there he is - huge double chin, a fat bullfrog neck that looks like a goiter. I keep hearing how good the Sabres sports science department is but they sure failed in Mittelstadt's case. It's not all genetics/body type with him, it's an upper middle class suburban kid who's gotten by solely on his elite skills.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Pretty sure it opens today.

June 23: UFA Interview Window Opens

12 a.m.: Interview period begins for upcoming unrestricted free agents
5 p.m.: This is the deadline for teams to tender qualifying offers to restricted free agents.
It was my understanding it’s midnight tonight. Many reports are out about players traveling today to meet with teams on Monday. But if its today and I’m wrong so be it.

I still have no idea who we will talk to. :laugh:

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I was on the Sabres website checking out all the draft videos. When I had finished with them I kept scrolling and came to the end of season player interviews and clicked on Mittelstadt's and was stunned to see the pale blob of flesh in front of the microphones. A 6 month season, 82 games, practices, weight room and there he is - huge double chin, a fat bullfrog neck that looks like a goiter. I keep hearing how good the Sabres sports science department is but they sure failed in Mittelstadt's case. It's not all genetics/body type with him, it's an upper middle class suburban kid who's gotten by solely on his elite skills.
This is why people make fun of HFboards

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
This is why people make fun of HFboards

Show me another 20 year old NHL player that looks like this.

D9wovBhXYAEJMYM.jpg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
based on nothing but my own intuition i think we are going after Jake Gardiner, who i know has some haters, but i'm of the opinion is actually pretty good. Would be a meaningful upgrade on my avatar and i dont think he's the type of D-man who falls off a cliff.

It doesn’t seem like Buffalo is on Gardiner’s radar.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Why do we need Gardiner? He is more attacking defender, it’s easier to look at cheaper guys at free agency, but who are better than Gardiner in his zone.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto

Im with you. Although, I think you’re being over dramatic. He’s not a slob, but I do believe that his fitness did him no favours last season.

That being said, the kid jumped from college frat parties in early 2018 right into to the NHL.

This will be his first offseason where he should/will be focused on becoming a professional athlete.

When last summer perhaps he was just content after jumping into the NHL and putting up numbers in a small sample size

Of course that is all speculation, but I do hope to see a leaner version of Mitts come September.

Kramdaman

Apr 22, 2014

I played with him at the Sabres alumni golf tournament last summer, and I can assure you he was in great shape. Not sure what you’re seeing but I can tell you he was ripped at the time for a 19/20 year old.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Some others - Jere Innala still has a year left on his Liiga deal, and he went undrafted today. Jere Innala at eliteprospects.com

Jerry Turkulainen went undrafted today, so he's another UDFA option, though I only know of him because he's Will Scouch's small Finnish step-child. Nis contract also goes through 2020 like Innala's. Jerry Turkulainen at eliteprospects.com

Who was that Swede I liked... Wassenius? Yeah, I think he's still draft eligible so that's not even a UFA possibility... Carl Wassenius at eliteprospects.com

Bleh.
As far as I can tell none of those guys are eligible to be signed as UFAs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

We need a "f***ing preach" emoji.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad