Speculation: 2019-20 Roster, Cap, Trade Discussion (MOD WARNING POST #542)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
honestly I was thinking about this the other day as well. Not exactly this, but Riso being dealt here, and getting RNH from Edmonton.

I'd rather keep Sprong though, especially if you're trading Rakell.

Rakell + Henrique + 2nd for RNH + Edmonton's 1st

I actually could see Riso coming here in a different deal.
If we are trading Rakell + Henrique+ 2nd I want Drai. We need parts that help Getzlaf win now if we send that package out. RNH is just a higher paid, more injury prone, smaller version of Henrique, and the mystery box 1st probably won’t be any good until Getzlaf’s Contract is over. Assuming it isn’t 1st overall, which it won’t be, because they won’t trade that for that package.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Not sure how good rnh truly is but looking at his point production he looks like a clear upgrade over Rico and Rakell. Obviously getting their 1st would be a challenge but the general idea that Edmonton gets more depth and more win now parts in exchange for giving up the best piece could make sense. We have depth but need more high end talent. They have no depth and want to win soon so they may be willing to do a trade like that.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Not sure how good rnh truly is but looking at his point production he looks like a clear upgrade over Rico and Rakell. Obviously getting their 1st would be a challenge but the general idea that Edmonton gets more depth and more win now parts in exchange for giving up the best piece could make sense. We have depth but need more high end talent. They have no depth and want to win soon so they may be willing to do a trade like that.
Henrique has been the better goal scorer and has been rather more productive on total points the last three years. This year, RNH is getting a lot of ice time with McDavid. Draw your own conclusions.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If we are trading Rakell + Henrique+ 2nd I want Drai. We need parts that help Getzlaf win now if we send that package out. RNH is just a higher paid, more injury prone, smaller version of Henrique, and the mystery box 1st probably won’t be any good until Getzlaf’s Contract is over. Assuming it isn’t 1st overall, which it won’t be, because they won’t trade that for that package.
I will openly admit to being a big fan of Draisaitl & would buy a Ducks Draisaitl jersey the moment he becomes a Duck.

11Justin93

Sep 27, 2011
I still can't get my head around wanting to move Rakell after one bad season when everyone has been bad.

My willingness to move him has nothing to do with his poor performance this year (though his effort has been disappointing). It's more that the return could be huge due to his great contract and the upcoming young wingers we have that are even cheaper. It'd have to be an overpay for sure though.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
My willingness to move him has nothing to do with his poor performance this year (though his effort has been disappointing). It's more that the return could be huge due to his great contract and the upcoming young wingers we have that are even cheaper. It'd have to be an overpay for sure though.
Rakell plays hockey like a person sitting in a couch at IKEA & too lazy to getup when asked to leave.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Henrique has been the better goal scorer and has been rather more productive on total points the last three years. This year, RNH is getting a lot of ice time with McDavid. Draw your own conclusions.

RNH played about a dozen games with McDavid at the start of the year. Since then he’s been playing with a bunch of scrubs.

Guy is a legit talent, definitely a better player (and much younger) than Henrique.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
RNH played about a dozen games with McDavid at the start of the year. Since then he’s been playing with a bunch of scrubs.

Guy is a legit talent, definitely a better player (and much younger) than Henrique.
I’m just not seeing it. He’s only 3 years younger, and has had the benefit of playing with Hall, McDavid, and getting more seasons of top line minutes, and multiple systems that allowed for freewheeling do what you want hockey, but has still never put up over 24 goals or 56 points. He’s horrible at faceoffs, (43.9 career %). Looking at 2015-16 through ‘17-19, Henrique missed 3 games and had 74G 66A 150P, RNH missed 37 games and was 54G 71A 125P.

RNH May be a bit better (I’m hardly a Henrique fan), but he’s brittle, not as good defensively, and has played with much better players with more minutes and less responsibility up until very recently. Most of the separation between them is this year. I won’t argue too much if you prefer him to Henrique, but if I’m sending out both Henrique AND Rakell, I want back a substantially better piece. And a non-lottery pick 1st doesn’t change my mind.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California

I completely agree. I am a huge Draisaitl fan. 23 years old, 6'2", scored 78 pts two years ago, 70 pts last year, and on pace for 85+ pts this year. There are a lot of pieces I would give up for him. He is a legit #1 center signed to 8.5 per year for 7 more years. That contract ages really well considering top line guys are getting more than that already.

Rakell + Henrique + 1st for Draisaitl easily. We could only hope that first becomes as good as Draisaitl.

Reactions: Trojans86

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Edmonton is not going to trade Drai, period so that discussion is pointless IMO. Trading him would be downright stupid, but possibly having another Taylor Hall trade guarantees he's not going anywhere.

As I mentioned earlier, my preference is to keep Rakell, but I get the feeling that he's on Murray's radar to move. I personally think much higher of RNH than Henrique. I'd easily do Rico + 2nd for RNH. If Rakell is getting traded this offseason, I don't see much better value than a top 5 pick (and yes, I do think Edmonton strongly considers that move (assuming it's not top 3).

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
We all know our 1st isn't moving. But I have real doubts the other two will be traded either. We're in a position to have 3 very high picks in this draft. Wasting a pick (or 2) to move up just doesn't seem to be a worthwhile investment. All of the top Cs are a crap shoot on draft day. Just take the BPA when our pick comes up. And I can't see making a hockey trade for established talent that would include either of the other 2 picks. Bad idea in this draft with our scouts.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
After watching him last night and paying close attention to him I definitely dont want RNH in a trade for Rakell. He just isnt enough of a difference maker out there. Drai on the other hand is someone we can build around.

Flooven

Nov 21, 2018
SoFla
Cats fan here. Think you guys would be willing to part with Manson? If so, whats the return looking like?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I completely agree. I am a huge Draisaitl fan. 23 years old, 6'2", scored 78 pts two years ago, 70 pts last year, and on pace for 85+ pts this year. There are a lot of pieces I would give up for him. He is a legit #1 center signed to 8.5 per year for 7 more years. That contract ages really well considering top line guys are getting more than that already.

Rakell + Henrique + 1st for Draisaitl easily. We could only hope that first becomes as good as Draisaitl.

Is he though? IIRC, a majority of his points come while playing wing alongside McJesus as opposed to playing center and not with McJesus. I'm not an advanced stat guru however, so I could be wrong.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Edmonton is not going to trade Drai, period so that discussion is pointless IMO. Trading him would be downright stupid, but possibly having another Taylor Hall trade guarantees he's not going anywhere.

As I mentioned earlier, my preference is to keep Rakell, but I get the feeling that he's on Murray's radar to move. I personally think much higher of RNH than Henrique. I'd easily do Rico + 2nd for RNH. If Rakell is getting traded this offseason, I don't see much better value than a top 5 pick (and yes, I do think Edmonton strongly considers that move (assuming it's not top 3).

I think RNH is a basically a better skating Rico, and seeing as contracts are similar I wouldn't hate that trade.

Koffein

Mar 20, 2009
Oslo
Would make a lot of sense if Murray have had some conversations with the agent of Oliwer Kaski. If we were able to sign him this summer and draft someone like Seider or Söderström with our 2nd first rounder it would go a long way in rebuilding our depth on RD

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Would make a lot of sense if Murray have had some conversations with the agent of Oliwer Kaski. If we were able to sign him this summer and draft someone like Seider or Söderström with our 2nd first rounder it would go a long way in rebuilding our depth on RD
I bet all 31 teams have made calls to his agent. Would be sweet to get him signed though.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
True, but unlike previous years we might have a good shot at landing a top free agent from Europe. Anaheim is a popular team in Finland and we do have a top-4 RD position up for grabs after trading Monty.

Can we have Selanne on retainer for times like these? A call from him on behalf of the Ducks might go a long way. And what Finish kid would refuse a call from Teemu? If word of that got out, they'd revoke his citizenship

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

wraparound

May 17, 2014
Cats fan here. Think you guys would be willing to part with Manson? If so, whats the return looking like?
The conversation starts with Borgström & an unprotected first, IMO. Even then, I don’t think it’s a deal.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
True, but unlike previous years we might have a good shot at landing a top free agent from Europe. Anaheim is a popular team in Finland and we do have a top-4 RD position up for grabs after trading Monty.
We also have the warm california beaches that Finns admire, Selanne showcased the California lifestyle to Finns in Finland, so there is also that going for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad