Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread Part II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is that the meme with Mike Chambers' picture?

I can't remember if that exists but it does now.

3ztcct.jpg

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Redoing the 2019 NHL draft: How would it unfold today? - TheHockeyNews

First round:
1. Jack Hughes, C (taken 1st by New Jersey)
2. Kaapo Kakko, RW (taken 2nd by NY Rangers)
3. Kirby Dach, C (taken 3rd by Chicago)
4. Bowen Byram, D (taken 4th by Colorado)
5. Trevor Zegras, C (taken 9th by Anaheim)
6. Spencer Knight, G (taken 13th by Florida)
7. Moritz Seider, D (taken 6th by Detroit)
8. Dylan Cozens, C (taken 7th by Buffalo)
9. Vasily Podkolzin, RW (taken 10th by Vancouver)
10. Alex Turcotte, C (taken 5th by Los Angeles)
11. Alex Newhook, C (taken 16th by Colorado)
12. Cole Caufield, RW (taken 15th by Montreal)
13. Victor Soderstrom, D (taken 11th by Arizona)
14. Connor McMichael, C (taken 25th by Washington)
15. Peyton Krebs, C (taken 17th by Vegas)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Redoing the 2019 NHL draft: How would it unfold today? - TheHockeyNews

First round:
1. Jack Hughes, C (taken 1st by New Jersey)
2. Kaapo Kakko, RW (taken 2nd by NY Rangers)
3. Kirby Dach, C (taken 3rd by Chicago)
4. Bowen Byram, D (taken 4th by Colorado)
5. Trevor Zegras, C (taken 9th by Anaheim)
6. Spencer Knight, G (taken 13th by Florida)
7. Moritz Seider, D (taken 6th by Detroit)
8. Dylan Cozens, C (taken 7th by Buffalo)
9. Vasily Podkolzin, RW (taken 10th by Vancouver)
10. Alex Turcotte, C (taken 5th by Los Angeles)
11. Alex Newhook, C (taken 16th by Colorado)
12. Cole Caufield, RW (taken 15th by Montreal)
13. Victor Soderstrom, D (taken 11th by Arizona)
14. Connor McMichael, C (taken 25th by Washington)
15. Peyton Krebs, C (taken 17th by Vegas)
I think that’s a very reasonable list.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think that’s a very reasonable list.

I don't have any major issues with it. I suppose I could quibble with Knight's move up. He had a strong year, but it is at least arguable that he was not the best freshman on his own college team. You could argue for Newhook to break the top-10 based on his freshman performance.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I understand keeping Turcotte and Zegras ahead of Newhook, but really Newhook had a much better offensive season in the same league. Zegras and Newhook are both in Hockey East too.

Newhook
34 games - 19 goals - 42 points

Zegras
33 games - 11 goals - 36 points

Turcotte
29 games - 9 goals - 26 points

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I think 2019 is going to be one of those drafts that have a 1st round where almost everyone gets a player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't have any major issues with it. I suppose I could quibble with Knight's move up. He had a strong year, but it is at least arguable that he was not the best freshman on his own college team. You could argue for Newhook to break the top-10 based on his freshman performance.

Knight was pretty damn awesome for BC... you could make a case that his improvement over Woll from the prior seasons made the largest difference to the team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Knight was pretty damn awesome for BC... you could make a case that his improvement over Woll from the prior seasons made the largest difference to the team.
I still have questions about his compete level being high enough for being a 1A all-star goaler, his talent alone is 1B so he's going to be successful either way. I just wonder if he's going to be Fleury level instead of Luongo level.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I still have questions about his compete level being high enough for being a 1A all-star goaler, his talent alone is 1B so he's going to be successful either way. I just wonder if he's going to be Fleury level instead of Luongo level.

Yeah still hard to say where he ends up, I'm higher on him than you... but to me, he is clearly the best drafted goalie prospect in the world. There is a tight group right behind him, but he stands above that group to me.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Intersting. How often do AHL teams sign one way contracts but then send them to the ECHL?

I don't follow the AHL closely enough to know, but I wonder if this means they'll let Miska walk as an RFA?

How did Werner and Miska stack up this year? Werner played five more games, but Miska had much better numbers. Werner's about two years younger with one more year before RFA.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Intersting. How often do AHL teams sign one way contracts but then send them to the ECHL?

I don't follow the AHL closely enough to know, but I wonder if this means they'll let Miska walk as an RFA?

How did Werner and Miska stack up this year? Werner played five more games, but Miska had much better numbers. Werner's about two years younger with one more year before RFA.

Werner is 6’5 and Miska is 6’1 ;)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I assume it's for the ECHL unless there is something behind the scenes with Miska.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Good goaler, one of the bigger bright spots during his tenure there for Penn State. Really consistent and I think he has some hidden NHL potential, but I am not sure he has the ability to make big saves. And that's why he wasn't a draft pick and shows a limited level of talent. Still, a really good get for a goaler prospect not named Morris.

Reactions: McMetal

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

He is a great prospect, but did he have the kind of year to jump from the 13th overall selection to 6th? I think it is open for debate. It is one of the issues that is inherent with these lists, as some rise and fall due to some vague or inexplicable criteria. Should Knight have jumped Seider? Should Seider have fallen a spot in the "re-draft" list?

In the end it doesn't really matter. It is just nice to have some hockey related topic to discuss.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yes, Knight had a phenomenal year. Folks thought he was a potential Top 10 pick anyways before he went 13th to Florida. And then he went and had a phenomenal season all around for BC. He had an argument to have been the best freshman last year.

I think 6th in a redraft is absolutely fair.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Someone please refresh my memory as to why Conor Timmins's expansion draft status is unclear?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He is a great prospect, but did he have the kind of year to jump from the 13th overall selection to 6th? I think it is open for debate. It is one of the issues that is inherent with these lists, as some rise and fall due to some vague or inexplicable criteria. Should Knight have jumped Seider? Should Seider have fallen a spot in the "re-draft" list?

In the end it doesn't really matter. It is just nice to have some hockey related topic to discuss.

Goalies are typically underdrafted anyway... of drafted NHL goalies, he's probably the best prospect in his draft year since Price (could argue Samsonov). He only elevated that stock. I probably wouldn't jump him to 6th, but I can easily see how he earned that. People have different opinions, and that's plenty okay.

Reactions: Goulet17

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

The Eagles like to stock the ECHL with AHL contracts so it’s probably a matter of willing to guarantee the guy a certain amount. They’ve done that before too.

Werner’s issue was playing a lot of games in a short span as he wasn’t used to that. He wasn’t great on back to backs and the work load caught up to him a bit. Miska was able to step in when Werner needed to take a step back. They made a nice tandem together and I’d be surprised if they didn’t want to roll with that again. Miska has a wild style, some people hate it but he got the job done.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The Eagles like to stock the ECHL with AHL contracts so it’s probably a matter of willing to guarantee the guy a certain amount. They’ve done that before too.

Werner’s issue was playing a lot of games in a short span as he wasn’t used to that. He wasn’t great on back to backs and the work load caught up to him a bit. Miska was able to step in when Werner needed to take a step back. They made a nice tandem together and I’d be surprised if they didn’t want to roll with that again. Miska has a wild style, some people hate it but he got the job done.

So you're saying he's the next Tim Thomas :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad