Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread Part II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Is Chris Kreider the smartest dumb hockey player ever? I keep hearing that he’s an incredibly intelligent human. Usually that translates on the ice. Guessing he’s more “book smart”.

I think Parros takes the cake with that one. About as intelligent of person as there is... yet a real hockey dumb dumb.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think Parros takes the cake with that one. About as intelligent of person as there is... yet a real hockey dumb dumb.
I honestly can’t even picture Parros doing anything with a hockey puck lol. I remember him for one thing only.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Down Goes Brown: Ranking the top 10 prospects of whichever...

So...
1. Bryam/Newhook
2. Kaut
3. Ranta
4. Timmins
5. Bowers
6. Werner
7. Zhuravlyov
8. Kovalenko
9. 2020 3rd Round Pick
10. Beaucage

HMs:
LOC
Matthew Stienburg (because he spells it incorrectly)
Justus Annunen

Anton Lindholm
Tyler Weiss
Nate Clurman

Surprisingly accurate. :laugh:
That would be quite a nice bonus if we actually did get a legit NHL scoring forward out of Ranta (or Beaucage for that matter).

Also surprised to see Annunen so low, but all the players in the top 10 have decent ceilings too so I can sort of understand it. Young goalies are hard to forecast, and I guess Werner is ranked higher since he has already played in the NHL.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That would be quite a nice bonus if we actually did get a legit NHL scoring forward out of Ranta (or Beaucage for that matter).

Also surprised to see Annunen so low, but all the players in the top 10 have decent ceilings too so I can sort of understand it. Young goalies are hard to forecast, and I guess Werner is ranked higher since he has already played in the NHL.

It's a generic list, and Hench just added our prospects to it. Here's a few excerpts:

1. The first-round pick from the most recent draft

3. The mid-round sleeper pick you’re a little too invested in

Honorable mentions: The college free agent you were really excited about last year and have already given up on; the guy you never mention because his name is impossible to spell; the guy you only remember because he had that super awkward draft day photo; the guy who’s already been called up a dozen times but is still somehow a prospect I guess; the guy everyone loves a little too much because he’s short; the guy you have literally never heard of until just now.

I do love how it's realistic enough that people are trying to decipher the rankings :laugh:

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
It's a generic list, and Hench just added our prospects to it. Here's a few excerpts:

1. The first-round pick from the most recent draft

3. The mid-round sleeper pick you’re a little too invested in

Honorable mentions: The college free agent you were really excited about last year and have already given up on; the guy you never mention because his name is impossible to spell; the guy you only remember because he had that super awkward draft day photo; the guy who’s already been called up a dozen times but is still somehow a prospect I guess; the guy everyone loves a little too much because he’s short; the guy you have literally never heard of until just now.

I do love how it's realistic enough that people are trying to decipher the rankings :laugh:
Speaking of college free agents, is the general consensus that Cam Morrison is going to sign elsewhere, or does he actually harbour hope of cracking the Avs roster?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Is Chris Kreider the smartest dumb hockey player ever? I keep hearing that he’s an incredibly intelligent human. Usually that translates on the ice. Guessing he’s more “book smart”.
I don’t see how being smart in the classical sense would translate into being a smart hockey player. A smart hockey players has great ability to compute visual information and take quick acurate decisions. I guess that being smart could help a bit in anticipation and tactical aspects. However I could see that being very dumb (in the classical sense) would negatively affect being a smart hockey player.

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Is Bo ever taking a lashing over on THW prospects rankings. All this Seider talk tho, I think hes gonna be real good.

Byram - Makar
Girard - Seider

Imagine lol

Avs Wings games might be fun again soon

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Speaking of college free agents, is the general consensus that Cam Morrison is going to sign elsewhere, or does he actually harbour hope of cracking the Avs roster?

I think he goes elsewhere, but I hope they sign him. They need a guy like that in the system, and he's had plenty of development time, so hopefully he climbs the ladder a little quicker than most.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I think he goes elsewhere, but I hope they sign him. They need a guy like that in the system, and he's had plenty of development time, so hopefully he climbs the ladder a little quicker than most.
I agree. I think he brings some intangibles that we really lack... like going hard to the net, clutch scoring, etc. I think those attributes make him more suited to a bottom 6 role than some of our other forward prospects, like Ranta or Beaucage.

Apart from Morrison we really only have Kovalenko and Stienburg as players who play a "bottom 6" game. Hopefully we can get at least one good bottom 6er out of that group.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is really too hard to say right if Morrison will sign here. If the season picks back up, he can be signed for the last bit of the run and there is a lot of incentive there for him to sign... and the Avs have been keeping track of him. So interest seems to be there from the Avs. But if the season ends up canceled and he has to wait anyway to play, why not wait and see what is said? I think we will get some clarity as we see how the NHL operates this summer.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
For as much as we didn’t care what Will Butcher did as a fan base, we shouldn’t even know Cam Morrison’s name lol.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Has anyone watched Helleson this year at Boston College?

We rarely talk about him because of our other prospects, but it would be encouraging to know he’s developing.

I didn’t love the pick at the time, but he is a 6’3 right shot D.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Helleson did as expected. Mostly a bottom pairing guy, had some small time in the top 4. Used as a pure shutdown guy on a pairing with Karow or McInnis. He fit right in on their PK and did well. Given how heavy the defense was tilted to seniors (4 of the 7 regulars)... there wasn't a ton of ice to be had. He will likely form the top pairing with Warren next year depending on how they want to break in Powell.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nice. Well it sounds like after next season we’ll have a better idea of what we have in Helleson.
son-of-satan1.jpg

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Does anybody in hockey have a better G-D-F 123 prospect combo than Colorado?

Annunen (top 10, maybe top 5 among G)
Byram (#1 or 2 among D)
Newhook (top 10, maybe top 5 among F)
Montreal maybe?
  • Suzuki (C)
  • Romanov (LD)
  • Primeau (G)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad