Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Newhook is being spoonfed into the line-up on a very talented team. BC's top 5 scoring forwards (4 of whom were NHL draft picks) are all upperclassmen. I don't recall even seeing him on the power play when they played DU.

I'd have rather he gone to a less talented college team to get more all situations expose (like Makar at ZooMass), but BC produces plenty of pros.

This isn't exactly true. Boldy and Newhook are getting some good minutes, and BC doesn't have that great of a roster. Yeah, they have a few drafted players, but most of them are guys who likely don't project to be NHL players, or at the very most are bottom 6 guys. And that doesn't explain why they're not producing like other guys such as Turcotte, Caufield, Zegras, Brink. They'll turn it around, I'm sure, but you'd like to see it happen real soon. This weekend maybe. Though Providence will be a tough matchup.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Morrison was always gonna take a long time to put it all together if he ever did, hopefully this is a good sign.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Morrison with 3 apples in ND’s 5-3 come from behind (phrasing) win at Minisoda today. Brings his totals to 2 goals & 6 assists through 6 games.
No mention that Leivermann had two goals in that game as well?

Also if there is a player who might project better at the junior game than college it has to be Ranta. He had a bad second half of the second during his freshman year, had a fantastic WJC summer showcase, and has had a slow start to the season projecting on Golden Gophers first line. I am still not the biggest fan of him, but he made me more optimistic at the WJC, but it seems he still needs a high IQ centre to get the most out of him.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Morrison does have the option to Butcher us.

38f4a630-7fdf-4ffe-8075-4d786d725d39_text.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No mention that Leivermann had two goals in that game as well?

Also if there is a player who might project better at the junior game than college it has to be Ranta. He had a bad second half of the second during his freshman year, had a fantastic WJC summer showcase, and has had a slow start to the season projecting on Golden Gophers first line. I am still not the biggest fan of him, but he made me more optimistic at the WJC, but it seems he still needs a high IQ centre to get the most out of him.

If Ranta was in the CHL, he'd be dominating. His physical skill set is so good... but that brain. Kid can't read or think the game at a good enough level right now. At least it holds expectations in around here! If he was dominating the OHL, there would would be calls for him making the opening night lineup. :sarcasm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If Ranta was in the CHL, he'd be dominating. His physical skill set is so good... but that brain. Kid can't read or think the game at a good enough level right now. At least it holds expectations in around here! If he was dominating the OHL, there would would be calls for him making the opening night lineup. :sarcasm:

I wish that he was proving me wrong, but people being reminded just how much of a dumb-dumb he is; probably isn't the worst thing for expectations around here.

Reactions: henchman21

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I wish that he was proving me wrong, but people being reminded just how much of a dumb-dumb he is; probably isn't the worst thing for expectations around here.

Sent you a PM conversation cgf.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
If he can be an effective dumb-dumb player, a la Kreider, then I won't care how dumb-dumb he is. I guess we'll need to draft a really smart center to do the thinking for him, though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For sure, as I mentioned I disliked the pick, but I do give Avs credit for some balls and picking a lad as risky as him. It will be interesting to see because I think his physical attributes and shot are NHL level, but as you said his brain is very hit or miss.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyone have much of a chance to watch Tyler Weiss so far this season? He seems to be off to a pretty decent start with 4 points in his first 5 games. I did see he scored 2 last game Saturday night.

I guess the biggest question for him is gonna be his size and whether he can put on enough muscle to handle the more mature physical NHL game. Has he gotten any bigger since last year?

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Justus Annunen mic'd in this video:

It's in finnish, but you might like this1.

edit: xenforo, you cancer of a platform, please die fast...

Reactions: klozge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad