Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Proper dirty hit that one. Really disgusting play and probably a serious injury. Just have to hope its not a brain injury

I mean you have to think that is a concussion, significant contact to the head on the hit with an elbow and a hard thump to the ice. With the way the elbow landed he could have broke his jaw before he even hit his head on the ice. We will have to find out, but that was an ugly looking event.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Proper dirty hit that one. Really disgusting play and probably a serious injury. Just have to hope its not a brain injury
Didnt particularly look that dirty. More a series of unfortunate steps after the hit that ended up losing his helmet and hitting the ice hard.

No real point to drumming up hate for the hitunless you want to remove all hitting from hockey. That or just being a one-eyed homer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Didnt particularly look that dirty. More a series of unfortunate steps after the hit that ended up losing his helmet and hitting the ice hard.

No real point to drumming up hate for the hitunless you want to remove all hitting from hockey. That or just being a one-eyed homer.

That wound up being a glancing elbow to the jaw. That wasn't even close to a clean hit before the unfortunate stuff with the helmet popping off. I mean I get the D-man was committed to the hit and he lost the puck for a second looking down, but man the D-man picked his head with a ton of force.

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
Kivenmäki's mother just cleared things on facebook. She says under the circumstances kid is doing ok. He is still in the hospital and has no memory at the moment and a big cut in his head. Season over and at the very worst case his whole career is over as well.

Reactions: Wearebadmr91

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
Kivenmäki's mother just cleared things on facebook. She says under the circumstances kid is doing ok. He is still in the hospital and has no memory at the moment and a big cut in his head. Season over and at the very worst case his whole career is over as well.
that is awful, I hope Kivenmäki is alright in the end

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I agree with you. He pulls up last second and tries to toe drag which puts him in a bad spot. Definitely looks bad but not really dirty to me

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Anyone watching McIsaac this year?

Had a pretty of the charts season last year with 1.17ppg and I know he started injured this year but he's only sporting a 2+12=14 in 23gms for a 0.61ppg..... that's lower even than his 2017-18 year when he had 0.72ppg.

Would love some eye-witness accounts if anyone out there is watching him play

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007

Had a pretty of the charts season last year with 1.17ppg and I know he started injured this year but he's only sporting a 2+12=14 in 23gms for a 0.61ppg..... that's lower even than his 2017-18 year when he had 0.72ppg.

Not worried about him, he's not gonna be a huge point producer. He's still been rock solid defensively from all reports. As long as he can keep breaking pucks out effectively and eliminating giveaways, he will be fine. Brad Stuart in his prime I'm thinking.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

Has 2 Goals and +3 today so far in a 3-1 Lead for Moncton over Lafreniere's team

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not worried about him, he's not gonna be a huge point producer. He's still been rock solid defensively from all reports. As long as he can keep breaking pucks out effectively and eliminating giveaways, he will be fine. Brad Stuart in his prime I'm thinking.

That's a very optimistic projection.
He doesn't skate like Stuart.
And while he plays hard, I don't think he's as physical either.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Doesn't skate like Stuart? He was an average skater, McIsaac's skating is fine. Its not like either of them are overly physical. A solid skating #4 puck moving defenseman is a very realistic projection for McIssac.

Reactions: Darkseider

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Doesn't skate like Stuart? He was an average skater, McIsaac's skating is fine. Its not like either of them are overly physical. A solid skating #4 puck moving defenseman is a very realistic projection for McIssac.

I see him as a partner for Seider at future shut-down pair.

Also having bad statistics and becomes a scapegoat at early phase of career.

Reactions: lidstromiscool

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

You don't remember Brad Stuart. Maybe you're thinking of 2011 version, when he was just about finished.
Brad Stuart was a good skater. Wasn't a great stickhandler or passer. But he was strong and fast and played a fearless game.
When healthy, he averaged 170-205 hits per season.
He was a great shot blocker.

He was drafted at 6'2, 210. McIsaac was drafted at 195 or something.

There's a reason Stuart went 3rd overall.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

McIsaac is a good skater. There are definitely some similarities. Stuart transitioned from an offensive D in juniors to a defensive D at the pro level. I think McIsaac may go that route as well, and when he is on his game he is very physical and can play good defense.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
You don't remember Brad Stuart. Maybe you're thinking of 2011 version, when he was just about finished.
Brad Stuart was a good skater. Wasn't a great stickhandler or passer. But he was strong and fast and played a fearless game.
When healthy, he averaged 170-205 hits per season.
He was a great shot blocker.

He was drafted at 6'2, 210. McIsaac was drafted at 195 or something.

There's a reason Stuart went 3rd overall.

McIsaac is a good skater. There are definitely some similarities. Stuart transitioned from an offensive D in juniors to a defensive D at the pro level. I think McIsaac may go that route as well, and when he is on his game he is very physical and can play good defense.

Stuart was a very strong - physically strong - player. Solidly built, good overall speed, probably not described as "fast" and wasn't particularly nimble, but could accelerate to close distance had had good economical movement and edgework. He wasn't graceful but got the job done. Stuart was just flat out solid. Strong, balanced, took the body often without sacrificing positioning, and just knew where to be from experience and defensive acumen. As ideal of a low maintenance 2nd pair D as we could have hoped for.

McIsaac is flat out a better skater than Stuart ever was. The kid can move and play with way more grace, fluidity, and speed. Granted he is giving up the power and defensive play that Stuart would eventually settle into by the middle of his career but McIsaac is a offensive, smooth skating, lead-the-rush kid of player with a nice shot. They aren't exactly one to one. McIsaac shares more in common at this point to Smith than he does to Stuart in terms of play style (not saying that hes going to turn into Smith because by all accounts he is generally more situationally aware than Smith was

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Stuart was a very strong - physically strong - player. Solidly built, good overall speed, probably not described as "fast" and wasn't particularly nimble, but could accelerate to close distance had had good economical movement and edgework. He wasn't graceful but got the job done. Stuart was just flat out solid. Strong, balanced, took the body often without sacrificing positioning, and just knew where to be from experience and defensive acumen. As ideal of a low maintenance 2nd pair D as we could have hoped for.

McIsaac is flat out a better skater than Stuart ever was. The kid can move and play with way more grace, fluidity, and speed. Granted he is giving up the power and defensive play that Stuart would eventually settle into by the middle of his career but McIsaac is a offensive, smooth skating, lead-the-rush kid of player with a nice shot. They aren't exactly one to one. McIsaac shares more in common at this point to Smith than he does to Stuart in terms of play style (not saying that hes going to turn into Smith because by all accounts he is generally more situationally aware than Smith was
Idk, I see him as a two way D that leans more shut down than offensive. When I see him I think Seider-lite.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I agree with everything you said here. I could see McIsaac being very similar to Stuart in his career and thats one of the best comparisons I can think of for him. A realistic projection for McIsaac is a number 4 D that brings a physical game and plays a solid two way game. Stuart was never an offesnive guy but he made a good first pass very similar to what McIsaac does right now

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

McIsaac is better in his own end than Smith was at his age IMO by a decent gap.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
McIsaac is better in his own end than Smith was at his age IMO by a decent gap.

Smith's decision making was his critical flaw. So damn frustrating.

Any defender who can skate well, clog scoring lanes, and minimize turnovers is going to find a spot in the NHL. It's why a guy like Nemeth will always find work.

Reactions: Konnan511

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I'd put McIsaac halfway between Stuart and Ouellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig