Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Shows extremely poor judgement and lack of situational awareness, which I would consider part of hockey IQ. Will not gain the trust of any professional league coach.
Sure if it were a dirty hit. I wouldn’t call that a dirty hit. Maybe in Sweden.

Christien

May 1, 2010
I hope not. We need centers and defensemen more than wingers.
Raymond is really good at hockey, even if he is a winger. He's a wildcard because he's not been given a whole lot of opportunity in the SHL yet, but has dominated peers in his age group. Like Frk It said, he's a home run swing type of pick.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Raymond is really good at hockey, even if he is a winger. He's a wildcard because he's not been given a whole lot of opportunity in the SHL yet, but has dominated peers in his age group. Like Frk It said, he's a home run swing type of pick.

There are at least 7 other players in this draft that have been better than him over the course of the season, lack of SHL icetime and position notwithstanding. Lafreniere, Stutzle, Byfield, Rossi, Drysdale, Perfetti, Lundell, and arguably Alexander Holtz. The 2020 draft is putting us in a position to pick the next franchise cornerstone player. The first 5 I mentioned have that potential. The others are in the very good category but are less likely to be the kinds of guys that a franchise is built around. Raymond isn't the kind of player that I want to build my franchise around.

Reactions: Go Wings

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
There are at least 7 other players in this draft that have been better than him over the course of the season, lack of SHL icetime and position notwithstanding. Lafreniere, Stutzle, Byfield, Rossi, Drysdale, Perfetti, Lundell, and arguably Alexander Holtz. The 2020 draft is putting us in a position to pick the next franchise cornerstone player. The first 5 I mentioned have that potential. The others are in the very good category but are less likely to be the kinds of guys that a franchise is built around. Raymond isn't the kind of player that I want to build my franchise around.

Then to put it bluntly, you don’t know enough about Lucas Raymond’s upside.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Raymond has possibly the best hockey sense in the draft. It wouldn't surprise me if Raymond eventually impacts the game the way Marner does at the NHL level someday. I'm not saying he's my guy at 4, but it doesn't feel right not having Raymond in the tier of players you mentioned that you can build a franchise around.

Sorry for derailing this thread

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Cooper Moore's season is over... Chilliwack lost in the 1st round of the playoffs tonight in Game 7

Finished with 12 Goals 21 Assists in 55 Games... Goal and 2 Assists in 6 Games in the Playoffs

Off to North Dakota next year for the Defenseman

Reactions: hkydave04

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Apparently Kivenmäki was watching Ässät's away game against Ilves in Tampere yesterday. It's about a 90 minute drive from Pori, so maybe a sign that he's not suffering from any major symptoms at the moment.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Finnish junior leagues have been shut down, so Tuomisto's season is over. Also some Swedish teams have decided to pull their juniors from competition, so SuperElit likely to be cancelled soon.

Would expect all leagues to be shut down soon actually, not really even worth keeping track of it. Russia seems to be the only one right now which hasn't said much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad