Prospect Info: 2019-20 Prospect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
More proof why I want Finland to fail miserably lol

Sorry cant hear you over all these recent gold medals :sarcasm:

This clickbait article in a nutshell:

- Otto didn't show up for a national team tournament in January and didn't inform the coach
- Coach tried to call him but he didn't pick up nor did he call back.
- The story doesn't tell what happened in camp or why Otto is no longer there other than coach Helminen didn't like Ottos attitude.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

- Otto didn't show up for a national team tournament in January and didn't inform the coach
- The story doesn't tell what happened in camp or why Otto is no longer there other than coach Helminen didn't like Ottos attitude.

Quite weird situation.

He did infrom the coach Helminen by email, but not calling, what was the "rule". And he did inform that he needed rest on that time.

I don't mind about this stituation, Otto currently has a chance to play with men at Ässät 1st line + 1st PP, so I think it's better for his development than any U20 tournament now.

Also, when I was analyzing Finland's power-play units, Otto was there as a border-line guy, not maybe getting a role. So he could have been a 13th forward. Especially if Lundell joins, I didn't take him on account at all.

Just better that he plays with Ässät at same time, if we think only his future as a Red Wing.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I watched Canada play this afternoon. McIsaac looked like their best D, I think he and Smith are going to be the top pair. Veleno is going to be on a line with either Lafreniere or Byfield as well. Should be a good tournament to watch for wings fans

Thanks for the info. While I am always excited to watch the WJC this year even more so with the Wings prospects and potential picks in the 2020 draft.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

Touché my friend touché ha

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So it should be:

Jared McIsaac - CAN - Top defensive pair
Joe Veleno - CAN - Top6 forward either with Lafreniere or Byfield
Jonatan Berggren - SWE - Swedish top line winger with Gustafsson and Fagemo
Jesper Eliasson - SWE - backup goalie, should get some easier games, or starter role if starter Alnefelt fails.
Moritz Seider - GER - Team Captain and 1st defenceman playing in all situations and proably more.

Possible 2020 draftees:
- LW Alexis Lafreniere, CAN
- C Quinton Byfield, CAN
- RW Lucas Raymond, SWE
- W Alexander Holtz, SWE
- C Anton Lundell, FIN (rumour that could be healthy, elbow injury, has been skating a lot on last month and is in good game shape, just waiting a permit from doctors)
- G Jaroslav Askarov, RUS
- LW Tim Stutzle, GER
- RD Jamie Drysdale, CAN

Anything between Canada, Sweden and Germany should be very interesting.

Seider is gonna suffer, but nothing is more entertaining that put a guy suffer a bit. And see how he will raise his level under pressure.

EDIT:

Robert Mastrosimone - USA - will not join

Last edited:

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
So it should be:

Jared McIsaac - CAN - Top defensive pair
Joe Veleno - CAN - Top6 forward either with Lafreniere or Byfield
Jonatan Berggren - SWE - Swedish top line winger with Gustafsson and Fagemo
Jesper Eliasson - SWE - backup goalie, should get some easier games, or starter role if starter Alnefelt fails.
Moritz Seider - GER - Team Captain and 1st defenceman playing in all situations and proably more.
Robert Mastrosimone - USA - middle6 winger

Possible 2020 draftees:
- LW Alexis Lafreniere, CAN
- C Quinton Byfield, CAN
- RW Lucas Raymond, SWE
- W Alexander Holtz, SWE
- C Anton Lundell, FIN (rumour that could be healthy, elbow injury, has been skating a lot on last month and is in good game shape, just waiting a permit from doctors)
- G Jaroslav Askarov, RUS
- LW Tim Stutzle, GER
- RD Jamie Drysdale, CAN

Anything between Canada, Sweden and Germany should be very interesting.

Seider is gonna suffer, but nothing is more entertaining that put a guy suffer a bit. And see how he will raise his level under pressure.
Mastro was cut

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Any finnish posters want to elaborate on this? @Henkka youre finnish arent you? Can you translate???

I am not Henkka, but I am Google! lol

The Finnish national team under the age of 20 takes place.

On Wednesday, many people rubbed their eyes when the name of Otto Kivenmäki was found in Ace's playing line-up. The young striker was supposed to be present at the Young Lions World Championships, but he was sent home quickly and the Hockey Association has not reported anything so far.

According to Satakunnan Kansa, the reason for sending Kivenmäki to his home is partly because of the attacker's attitude, which has not pleased head coach Raimo Helminen.

The problems began already in January when Kivenmäki dropped out of the national team tournament due to a need for rest. The attacker sent the information to the union via email, even though the absences should have been reported personally to Helminen. After that, the head coach tried calling to get the Ace attacker, but to no avail.

Kivenmäki was quite silent about the events of the World Championship camp.

- I don't really know what to say. That's where the final team will probably be informed at some point. I myself am not involved in it, Kivenmäki told the Satakunta People.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Thanks for the info. While I am always excited to watch the WJC this year even more so with the Wings prospects and potential picks in the 2020 draft.

Veleno is practicing with Lafreniere and Foote today in his first practice with the full squad. I really dont like how Hayton plays the game so I'm glad tht got switched. Hayton hogs the puck way too much to play with a guy like Lafreniere who will probably be the best player in the tourney. Veleno is gonna have a lot of opportunity to produce for sure

Reactions: Tetsuo and Go Wings

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
2 goals for Setkov tonight, that makes 5 goals in the last 5 games.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
It's good to read all the praise about Seider. Since I know very little about the Red Wings prospects, I would like to ask two questions:

Most here think that Seider already shows all the necessary tools save for an above-average shot. If we look at the young defensemen, wouldn't Hronek, Cholowski and McIsaac be the prime candidates for PP TOI anyway (perhaps Tuomisto as well)?

The upcoming draft seems quite forward-heavy. Has it turned out to be a lucky coincidence that Detroit loaded up on defense prospects this year?

Gruß,
BSHH

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1. Most here think that Seider already shows all the necessary tools save for an above-average shot. If we look at the young defensemen, wouldn't Hronek, Cholowski and McIsaac be the prime candidates for PP TOI anyway (perhaps Tuomisto as well)?

2. The upcoming draft seems quite forward-heavy. Has it turned out to be a lucky coincidence that Detroit loaded up on defense prospects this year?

Gruß,
BSHH

Sounds more of a PLAN than lucky coincidence. Drafting people know years before the weights of each draft.

I think Torey Krug would solve our PP better than any current prospect near future.

And Tuomisto is 5 years away from NHL. He sounded pretty serious about completing the college degree.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sounds more of a PLAN than lucky coincidence. Drafting people know years before the weights of each draft.

I think Torey Krug would solve our PP better than any current prospect near future.

And Tuomisto is 5 years away from NHL. He sounded pretty serious about the completing the college degree.

I don’t think that there was a plan considering this year’s class. I believe SY just knew right away the most important thing to correct is the defensive core of this team. Look at the assets that have been in Tampa on the blue line.

Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, Shattenkirk, Schenn, Coburn, Girardi, Stralman.

Yzerman builds the defense up. It’s a conscious decision influenced by how bad our defense is right now.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You build/draft the defence core first, because they take a bit longer to develop. Forwards afterwards, so the core would peak at same time.

Just a simple plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad