Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Playoff Watch Thread

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I think we should absolutely give away the pick unless we win the lottery.

I don't think the Canucks have the option to give away the pick this year, no matter what happens in the draft lottery. If they miss the playoffs this year, NJ automatically gets the 2021 pick. That's my understanding, at least.

I suppose they could negotiate something with NJ, but I can't see why the Devils would agree to it.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Make the playoffs and NJ picks this year.

Miss the playoffs NJ gets next years pick.

Only options

I thought we had a choice of deferring the pick to next year if we missed the playoffs, my bad. Make the damn playoffs and give away the pick this year! We might have a high lottery pick next year.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
rUEwvUz.png

With 20 games left in the Canucks season, the only other team in this playoff and division race to lose points on their pace 6 games later is Nashville at 2 points. Only saving grace is the Canucks still have games in hand.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
The more I think about Brandon Sutter, the more I dislike him. This is supposed to be where he comes in and helps the young guns. I mean I never believed that he was "foundational", but I thought that we would at least be a good 3rd liner who provides some grit and veteran stability. Takes an awful penalty in the 3rd that led to the CBJ collapse. Provides zero defensive help so Bo has to be our defensive #1 centre rather than offensive #2. AND he thinks it is appropriate to call out other players for their "balls". What an awful player and veteran. I think I dislike him more that Eriksson now.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Really hope for the sake of the youngsters and the future of this franchise that we make the playoffs. The last thing we need is to finish 9th and have a mid round pick which we can’t decide if we should keep or give away to New Jersey. Either get in or finish in the bottom 10, but don’t miss the playoffs by a couple points ffs.

The best thing for this franchise is for the team to miss the playoffs. This team is going nowhere with Benning calling the shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad