Pre-Game Talk: 2019-20 Playoff Watch Thread

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It's either 'segregation camps', or people both cheering for wins and cheering for losses in GDTs, which would most likely be a shit show. Or, sticking with what we have now and completely censoring pro-tank people which I think is unjust.

Tank thread or bust imo.

Ive not been censored.

Maybe I am too centrist and lack true conviction?

Reactions: I am toxic

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I wasn't a fan of the segregation in the first place, it was the pro-Benning crowd who complained about us until we were quarantined, then they wanted us gone completely and got the thread closed by beating their chest about potentially sneaking into the playoffs.

I haven't been censored here because I tend to not outright cheer for losses, but before the quarantine it was made clear that the pro-tank talk was no longer welcome in most threads.

The pro-management crowd got their wish, we should disperse into regular threads and continue the conversation. If the mods want us quarantined again they know how to do it.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I wasn't a fan of the segregation in the first place, it was the pro-Benning crowd who complained about us until we were quarantined, then they wanted us gone completely and got the thread closed by beating their chest about potentially sneaking into the playoffs.

I haven't been censored here because I tend to not outright cheer for losses, but before the quarantine it was made clear that the pro-tank talk was no longer welcome in most threads.

The pro-management crowd got their wish, we should disperse into regular threads and continue the conversation. If the mods want us quarantined again they know how to do it.

It wasn't just the pro-Benning crowd. I've made little secret on my opinions of Benning yet I all but quit this board for quite some time simply because the sheer degree of complaining was absurd. Nearly every thread devolved into complaints about Benning or rehashes of old trades to the point it made talking about the Canucks as a whole impossible. In other words, it sapped any enjoyment I had both posting here and and even crept into watching games themselves. And I'm far from the only one show shared that opinion hence why I suspect the mods opted to make the decision they did.

That isn't to say Benning shouldn't be criticized. He absolutely should. Outside of this year, he's made several boneheaded decision. But that doesn't mean people want to only talk about that. If nothing else, I just wanted to say it isn't only pro-Benning posters who were tired of the complaining.

Reactions: dps

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
It wasn't just the pro-Benning crowd. I've made little secret on my opinions of Benning yet I all but quit this board for quite some time simply because the sheer degree of complaining was absurd. Nearly every thread devolved into complaints about Benning or rehashes of old trades to the point it made talking about the Canucks as a whole impossible. In other words, it sapped any enjoyment I had both posting here and and even crept into watching games themselves. And I'm far from the only one show shared that opinion hence why I suspect the mods opted to make the decision they did.

That isn't to say Benning shouldn't be criticized. He absolutely should. Outside of this year, he's made several boneheaded decision. But that doesn't mean people want to only talk about that. If nothing else, I just wanted to say it isn't only pro-Benning posters who were tired of the complaining.

I found that it was certain posters who kept bringing up the argument though. Have you not noticed the cycle of new accounts getting made then disappearing? Someone is out here to rustle jimmies and not only do they succeed but if you call someone a troll and suggest people ignore them you get an infraction. I do not think the way they deal with these posters is effective here, either let people police themselves to some extent and call out other users, or be willing to get rid of that guy's 6th account before it has several hundred posts of shit stirring.

I don't want to enter a conversation when it's literally an echo chamber with 1 guy trying to keep a straight face while being as inflammatory as possible. There is some quality discussion around here in those threads until they too get intentionally derailed, but I've grown tired of sifting through it. I stopped posting here as often because even I fall for it and I gotta stop.

I miss how things used to be bros... Remember how we used to all be united in cheering against Alberta and making fun of CalgaryPuck? :(

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It's either 'segregation camps', or people both cheering for wins and cheering for losses in GDTs, which would most likely be a shit show. Or, sticking with what we have now and completely censoring pro-tank people which I think is unjust.

Tank thread or bust imo.
You're not being censored. You're just no longer given a place where contradicting your opinions isn't allowed. That's what the tank thread really was -- the cheering for losses was incidental.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
You're not being censored. You're just no longer given a place where contradicting your opinions isn't allowed. That's what the tank thread really was -- the cheering for losses was incidental.
It wasn't only about cheering for losses. We actually organised there as well. We were close to raising the funds for a billboard near the arena, for example.

As much as you are up the organisation's ass, at least respect that we have our own opinions and should be allowed a place to organise to try and rally for change.

Don't act like a corporate shill that tries to deny its customers the right to complain about the product provided. In the post-Botch media, likeminded people on this issue need to be able to collectivise.

In an increasingly digital world, these are the types of places real change starts.

Reactions: vanuck and B-rock

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Avalanche - 13-4-2 - 28 Points - 19 games .736
Knights - 13-4-1 - 27 Points - 18 games .750
Wild - 12-6-1 - 25 Points - 19 games .657
Oilers - 11-6-3 - 25 Points - 20 games .625
Predators - 12-8-1 - 25 Points - 21 games .595
Stars - 10-6-4 - 24 Points - 20 games .600
Blues - 11-7-2 - 24 Points - 18 games .600
Jets - 10-6-2 - 22 Points - 18 games .611
Flames - 10-8-2 - 22 Points - 20 games .550
Ducks - 9-8-4 - 22 Points - 21 games .523
Kings 9-8-1 - 19 Points - 18 games .500
Coyotes - 7-8-3 - 18 Points - 18 games .500
Canucks - 8-9-2 - 18 Points - 19 games .473
Sharks - 8-10-1 - 17 Points - 19 games .447
Hawks - 7-9-2 - 16 Points - 18 games .444

Record since the All-Star break.

Reactions: Love

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
500 the rest of the way will now only get us to 90. may not be enough.

thought that Pettersson goal could be a turning point but they still lost.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
500 the rest of the way will now only get us to 90. may not be enough.

thought that Pettersson goal could be a turning point but they still lost.
Canucks play too many teams they’ll be battling/chasing for a playoff spot down the stretch, to be able to play .500 hockey IMO.

nevermind maybe they don’t. I thought there was more actually. I don’t particularly like their schedule though, at all.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Avalanche - 13-4-2 - 28 Points - 19 games .736
Knights - 13-4-1 - 27 Points - 18 games .750
Wild - 12-6-1 - 25 Points - 19 games .657
Oilers - 11-6-3 - 25 Points - 20 games .625
Predators - 12-8-1 - 25 Points - 21 games .595
Stars - 10-6-4 - 24 Points - 20 games .600
Blues - 11-7-2 - 24 Points - 18 games .600
Jets - 10-6-2 - 22 Points - 18 games .611
Flames - 10-8-2 - 22 Points - 20 games .550
Ducks - 9-8-4 - 22 Points - 21 games .523
Kings 9-8-1 - 19 Points - 18 games .500
Coyotes - 7-8-3 - 18 Points - 18 games .500
Canucks - 8-9-2 - 18 Points - 19 games .473
Sharks - 8-10-1 - 17 Points - 19 games .447
Hawks - 7-9-2 - 16 Points - 18 games .444

Record since the All-Star break.
giphy.gif

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Really hope for the sake of the youngsters and the future of this franchise that we make the playoffs. The last thing we need is to finish 9th and have a mid round pick which we can’t decide if we should keep or give away to New Jersey. Either get in or finish in the bottom 10, but don’t miss the playoffs by a couple points ffs.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
Really hope for the sake of the youngsters and the future of this franchise that we make the playoffs. The last thing we need is to finish 9th and have a mid round pick which we can’t decide if we should keep or give away to New Jersey. Either get in or finish in the bottom 10, but don’t miss the playoffs by a couple points ffs.

There's no decision to be made; if we make the playoffs it's this season's pick, if we don't it's next season's, regardless of where we finish in 20/21. One less thing to worry about, I suppose.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

I think we should absolutely give away the pick unless we win the lottery.

There's no decision to be made; if we make the playoffs it's this season's pick, if we don't it's next season's, regardless of where we finish in 20/21. One less thing to worry about, I suppose.

I thought we get to decide this year, if we want to defer to next year... In the case that we dont make the playoffs.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I think we should absolutely give away the pick unless we win the lottery.

I thought we get to decide this year, if we want to defer to next year... In the case that we dont make the playoffs.

No choice. If we miss the playoffs we keep it and it moves to next year with no protection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad