Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
f***...

Oh well, the over hit. Also somehow won a tie bet in the WPG-WSH game

Lost out on huge gains tonight

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Very very tight race in the Pacific. We have every chance we need to make the playoffs as we have games in hand on every single team besides for Nashville. Our fate is up to us at this point.

Enjoy the ride folks - and if we lose a game - try not to lose your f'ing minds.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Very very tight race in the Pacific. We have every chance we need to make the playoffs as we have games in hand on every single team besides for Nashville. Our fate is up to us at this point.

Enjoy the ride folks - and if we lose a game - try not to lose your f'ing minds.

After these last few long years, I've found that losing a game you're trying to win is a lot less maddening than winning a game you're trying to lose.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Blues 105.7
Avalanche 105.3
Stars 102.1

Canucks 97.4
Golden Knights 96.9
Oilers 95.6

Predators 92.0
Flames 92.0
Wild 89.2
Jets 88.3
Coyotes 88.3
Blackhawks 83.4

The clinch line moves up to 92 points. The 8th place team was sitting on a projection of 89 not too long ago. In the east the wild card is sitting at 97 points.

This site really shows the problem with the NHL standings. Games Played is only used as a tiebreaker. Vegas is in 1st because they played 2 more games, both OT losses. Does that seem fair?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
94 pts will almost certainly get us in the playoffs.

Canucks can go 10w 10L or .500 hockey to get to 94 pts.

Losses will happen but the team needs to be able to move on and get on with the next game and prevent losing streaks. Its exactly like a playoff mindset.

Lets keep rolling!!!

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
injuries suck and Canucks are dealing with it themselves but the Canucks are getting lucky with some of their next opponents,

Ottawa- Duclair hurt
Toronto- Muzzin broken hand
Columbus- entire team is hurt even Elvis

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
What do people realistically think this team is gonna do in the playoffs

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Just looking at the standings this morning

Winnipeg and Arizona are starting to fall out of it with both teams playing 65 +games and being at 70 points
The final wild card spot is getting further away from 9th, still super tight race for wild card 1 and 2 but we are in a very good position in the division with 2 and 3 games in hand!!!

Ottawa and Toronto are absolute mist wins and I wanna see some dominance

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011

Winnipeg and Arizona are starting to fall out of it with both teams playing 65 +games and being at 70 points
The final wild card spot is getting further away from 9th, still super tight race for wild card 1 and 2 but we are in a very good position in the division with 2 and 3 games in hand!!!

warning do not google domination

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
This is going to be close.

I may be a Pro Tanker but i think they may have what it takes.

Playoffs or Bust.
Last 20 games we only play teams with a better record five times. And three of those games are at home. Admittedly seven or eight of those games are against teams That we have only a slightly better record.
That we have only a slightly better record. Hopefully we finish strong but it looks like we are very likely to make the playoffs and in fact have a good chance of getting home ice advantage in the first round.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What do people realistically think this team is gonna do in the playoffs
Maybe play some meaningful games and even win a round?
Who knows though it could even be one of those magical run years. I don’t like our odds against Vegas, Colorado or St. Louis in a seven game series but it’s not like any of those teams are running away with the Conference. An upset or two and Markstrom standing on his head and the team staying healthy who knows what could happen. We’d need an awful lot to go right but the West unlike most years doesn’t have a lot of great teams.
Ok I’ll stop dreaming now. :laugh:

Reactions: ChilliBilly

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

hold up....

how did you go from saying "we are in a very good position in the division with 2 and 3 games in hand"

then say that the next 2 games are "must wins"

that doesnt make sense, if were in a good position then it means we should have some cushions for some L's. If we are playing must wins then we arent in a good position and we are desperate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad