Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 Opening Night Roster

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Watching Cody Glass last night, he is ready for the NHL and is going to have a strong year. Don’t mind Dach playing the 8 home games and 1 road game in October to get a taste, but would rather he go back to the WHL and dominate after that.
Glass was good last night. Golden knights got a good one in him. I feel like I say that all the time about the knights though...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Glass was good last night. Golden knights got a good one in him. I feel like I say that all the time about the knights though...

For sure. McPhee is an ass bag as a person IMO, but he is a great GM, can’t deny it.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Still can’t get over the Forsberg for Erat trade whenever I think about him

True, that was an all timer. For me, it was the gong show reveal of the logo. They completely botched it and the fans that came out for it started booing because the Knights were wasting their time because they couldn’t figure out how to use PowerPoint or whatever it was. He started talking crap to the fans on stage and IIRC, called them all Trump supporters for booing. Ass hat.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If he's ready for the NHL, why send him back?

We’ll see if he’s ready. I’m all for the trial. But ready to me is Cody Glass ready, not Jesperi Kotkoniemi ready where he’s just trying to keep his head above water most of the season. I want to see Dach show flashes of dominance in this trial if he’s going to stay.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We’ll see if he’s ready. I’m all for the trial. But ready to me is Cody Glass ready, not Jesperi Kotkoniemi ready where he’s just trying to keep his head above water most of the season. I want to see Dach show flashes of dominance in this trial if he’s going to stay.

I just meant, you said you "would rather he go back to the WHL" after his 9 game trial. My point was, if he shows he's ready, then why send him back? If he shows he's ready, would you still rather he go back?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Cody Glass has played one game in the NHL...Kotkaniemi played a full season and put up almost 40 points. If Dach can hold his own defensively and put up 30-40 points this year then keep him up and develop him on the 3rd line imo...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I just meant, you said you "would rather he go back to the WHL" after his 9 game trial. My point was, if he shows he's ready, then why send him back? If he shows he's ready, would you still rather he go back?
Cody Glass has played one game in the NHL...Kotkaniemi played a full season and put up almost 40 points. If Dach can hold his own defensively and put up 30-40 points this year then keep him up and develop him on the 3rd line imo...

Well, we’ll see. All I’m saying is he hasn’t dominated the WHL yet and if he can skip that step and show he can be a game changer at the NHL level right away, sure, let him stay. I’m not expecting that to happen as it would be unusual for a player to make that kind of leap. We need to get a good look at him and see. It’ll be obvious if he is ready IMO.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I’ve been saying for quite some time that I’d LOVE him in a player development role. Maybe something similar to what Campbell does with Boqvist with our European prospects?

McDouche was kind of cryptic when I saw this mentioned recently, and basically said they plan to bring him back to the organization in some capacity, and said something along the lines of "We will make him an offer, you never know, we may have already made him an offer."

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
McDouche was kind of cryptic when I saw this mentioned recently, and basically said they plan to bring him back to the organization in some capacity, and said something along the lines of "We will make him an offer, or.. we may have already made him an offer."
Yeah I saw that. Just spitballing on what I think would be the best way to use his talents.

I think hossa is one of those guys that has the kind of respect that when he talks you listen. Especially for younger European players.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah I saw that. Just spitballing on what I think would be the best way to use his talents.

I think hossa is one of those guys that has the kind of respect that when he talks you listen. Especially for younger European players.
I'm ashamed that I don't have a Marian Hossa jersey. It's mainly because I could never afford one.
I have a Keith and Toews jersey but I don't have Kane and Hossa.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm ashamed that I don't have a Marian Hossa jersey. It's mainly because I could never afford one.

I have three Hossa jerseys. :laugh:

Was my favorite player. Still is my favorite player.

I've yet to get a Toews, Kane, Keith, or anyone else. I may be grabbing a DeBrincat now, though.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

The Reebok ones were selling for 50 bucks after the Adidas ones came out. Try looking for them online for cheap.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The Reebok ones were selling for 50 bucks after the Adidas ones came out. Try looking for them online for cheap.
I prefer the Reebok ones anyway. That's how I got the ones I have. I was given a couple knockoffs for Toews and Seabrook, but the quality sucks. You can tell the difference. I have a white Hjalmarsson that is the real deal that I got from the outlet store when they were closing out the Reebok stuff. 35 bucks. I got him because he was the best player available, even though the guy had already been traded. There were no Toews, Kane, Hossa or Keith jerseys there.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4