Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 Opening Night Roster

Geoist

May 1, 2015
With all the new pieces, I am expecting a slow start to the season (hope I'm wrong, of course.)

But there is definitely enough talent to fight for a playoff spot.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
With all the new pieces, I am expecting a slow start to the season (hope I'm wrong, of course.)

But there is definitely enough talent to fight for a playoff spot.

Which is a bigger problem than some may realize. Hawks have a very easy schedule compared to the rest of the season. If they dig a hole early it will take a monumental effort to recover to make the big show.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Which is a bigger problem than some may realize. Hawks have a very easy schedule compared to the rest of the season. If they dig a hole early it will take a monumental effort to recover to make the big show.
Agree completely. After this overseas game we start with 7 straight homes games, that is unheard of. They need to start very fast, win 6 of those. Heck, we started 6-2 last season

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I just don’t get how KK made the roster.

I am not sure who else would be there with Murphy out. They want Beaudin and Boquist to settle in with some AHL experience - or so it would seem. Krys? Carlsonn? Gilbert? None of them seem clearly better than KK. So, it is what it is. KK at least plays hard and will play sacrificially as well. He will give his all. But you are right --- he is not overly good.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ok ..so they will play the opening game with just 21 players...Quenneville is the 14th forward but is on injury reserve for this game and 4k (7th dman) gets to play as Murphy is out for this game on injury reserve...Dach is out as a non-roster injury reserve..but when he is deemed ready to play and added to the active roster ...that means they would then have to send somebody out once Murphy also gets back in ...

What this means is that they are only playing 21 for Game 1...only 6D in that scenario are
dressing...get a D injury and would need to finish the game with only 5D= taking a risk.

When Murphy back = up to 22 and a full 7D . f Quenneville back before Murphy then also upto 22 unless Dach also ready to activate..that would give 15F 6D and 2H for 23 roster limit...but 15 D is too many so it seems they would send a forward (Quennevilke) out to Rockford subject to waivers ) and keep going with only 6D and play then with a 22 man roster.

Now...Murphy should not be out too ling...but not sure on Quenneville...IF Dach ready to play before Quenneville is then they trial him upto 9 games ..by then Quenneville should be back and a decision on who to keep as 14th F will have to be made.

If Dach is significantly better than Kampf at 3C then he would stay past 9 gamesand Kampf would go down a line and Quenneville sent down at that point.If he is not better then Kampf would remain at 3C and Dach would be sent to juniors.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
How long of a leash is perlini gonna get? I like the idea of him, but if I have to watch him be as timid as last season again, I'm gonna be mad.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
How long of a leash is perlini gonna get? I like the idea of him, but if I have to watch him be as timid as last season again, I'm gonna be mad.

Well he got another freebie few months probably. Let's see what he does with it.

Reactions: Cowch

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

In the summer we discussed and some agreed that JC needed to give Perlini a good look and a fair bit of leash. Based on what we saw in the preseason it ain't gonna happen. He will need to play a responsible game right out of the box to begin this season and if he can chip in with offense he should be fine. I reckon if his play looks lazy, he'll be watching a lot. He also has the challenge of not being 100 percent game ready, after not playing much in the preseason.

Reactions: Cowch

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Well he got another freebie few months probably. Let's see what he does with it.
My hope (and I think I've stated it before) is the shaw, smith, an carpenter acquisitions can somehow teach perlini to make meaningful hits with the opposition. He's 6'3 and over 200 lbs and plays like a marshmallow.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad