Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 Opening Night Roster

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Who cares about Perlini as 13th forward when the Hawks don't have a top line. The #1 LW spot is either going to a 4th line grinder (Caggiula) or an AHL talent (Al Nylander).

How are they going to match up against the Taylor Halls, Blake Wheelers and Mikko Rantanens of the league, playing head-to-head. Now that's what I'd worry about.

:laugh:

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Apparently while DeHaan is listed in the 21 of 23 that made the lineup for the Orague opening game ,he is only "close" and it may be he will not be ready on final assessment for this game..if so they will recall Gilbert (Murphy is definitely not playing as he is on injury reserve)/...

This means that while Gilbert was sent to Rockford,he did not yet leave from Europe but will join the Haaks on their flight back Fter tge Prague game.. It means Gilbert is in a sort of limbo...not sure if heis allowed under the rules to practice with the team..if that us the case he has a few extra days to be a tourist in Prague while the rest of the team practices(it may be that he can skate alone on the same ice after they have practiced or before...I am sure Hawks have made some provision on the ice rental to allow that..Still notcquite the same thing as a full practice with the team..anyway unusual situation for Gilbert...hanging around as insurance just I case he has to be recalled on Game Day if DeHaan cannot go.

Who will make the decision in DeHaan being a go or no go for this game? DeHaan himself or the Hawks seeing of he is game ready by what they observe in practice?

Cannot say..but it is I teresting they have kept Gilbert over there just in case DeHaan is deemed not quite ready to play the opener.

We will just have to wait till Friday to find out for certain what thus decision is.

Interesting g that apparently DeHaan is matched with 4K in practices (4K is in for the injured Murphy)...BUT the practice pairing lists 4K as LD Nd DeHaN playing the RD Murphy spot.

DeHaan normally is a LD and would be the LD tohus pairing once Murphy gets back.

Seanharold

Jun 23, 2011
Suffolk, NY
Ranger fan here -

I picked up nylander off free agency in my fantasy league . How has he looked? is he a sleeper? Appreciate some info on him

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Ranger fan here -

I picked up nylander off free agency in my fantasy league . How has he looked? is he a sleeper? Appreciate some info on him

He’s a free agent in our 12 team league. He has offensive skill but plays on the perimeter. His fantasy value will probably be tied to what line he is on. If he’s playing with Toews, Kane, Cat and Strome, he could put up 50 points.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
A possibility? De Haan and Murphy can't both be out. They'd have to call someone up.

I think some guys like Gilbert are still with the team. They'll probably go with this if De Haan can't go.

Keith-Gus
Maatta-Seabrook
Gilbert-KoKo

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Gilbert got sent down

He is still traveling with the team I believe.

He did not have to do through waivers and I believe this was a cap move. There are certain things they can do to max cap space for the year via the IR. Remember the Leddy shuffle? It is all about maximizing your daily cap space. This is legal cap manipulation.

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He is. Wedin, Gilbert, and Delia are all still with the team. I posted this a few times but it all cap manipulation (not coming at you).

Basically, they can have 25 on the roster for this trip and they're at 21 right now? So yeah, they'll probably add Gilbert to the roster if De Haan can't go.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad