Confirmed with Link: 2019-20 Opening Night Roster

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nope. I said Wedin would probably be the 13th forward, not that he would be. Learn to read. Other predictions in which I took a hard stance on all happened.

Take the L son. You were wrong on both accounts. But hey, maybe Wedin "probably" didn't make it to Rockford yet. I'll let you know when I catch a game down there this season and see.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Which is a bigger problem than some may realize. Hawks have a very easy schedule compared to the rest of the season. If they dig a hole early it will take a monumental effort to recover to make the big show.
Yeah, that's not going to work. Hawks have like 8 of the 1st 10 at home. Have to start strong.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
as far as i know, the 9 game thing is a matter of how many games he dresses for, not how many games the hawks play with him on the roster. theoretically they could sit him for 73 games this year and the contract would still slide.
Interesting if true

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
as far as i know, the 9 game thing is a matter of how many games he dresses for, not how many games the hawks play with him on the roster. theoretically they could sit him for 73 games this year and the contract would still slide.

Which would be monumentally stupid.

Reactions: Hawsse

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
what do we expect from Nylander and will he really start the Season with Toews and Kane? That'd be a huge role for him to be successful. Not sure if this would be over his head and Level to start the Season. On the other Hand, we started Kahun with Kane.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I'm pretty disappointed Perlini got the last spot to be honest. I don't think it was based on merit at all, but we lose him for sure if he's waived unlike Wedin so contracts played a good part.

I somewhat understand the logic that if Perlini ever gets it together, develops a game away from the puck and manages to be more consistent, he is a good asset to have because he has offensive instincts already. But how many freaking chances is this guy going to get? When is enough enough?

It still could be btw that they give him a month or two to show some effort, and if not they trade him and bring up someone else up.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I'm pretty disappointed Perlini got the last spot to be honest. I don't think it was based on merit at all, but we lose him for sure if he's waived unlike Wedin so contracts played a good part.

I somewhat understand the logic that if Perlini ever gets it together, develops a game away from the puck and manages to be more consistent, he is a good asset to have because he has offensive instincts already. But how many freaking chances is this guy going to get? When is enough enough?

It still could be btw that they give him a month or two to show some effort, and if not they trade him and bring up someone else up.

Perlini* (23) is in his 6th chance (ARI+CHI)
Nylander** (21) is in his 4th chance (BUF+CHI)

* turns 24 in 6 months and 25 days
** turns 22 in exact 5 months

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Who cares about Perlini as 13th forward when the Hawks don't have a top line. The #1 LW spot is either going to a 4th line grinder (Caggiula) or an AHL talent (Al Nylander).

How are they going to match up against the Taylor Halls, Blake Wheelers and Mikko Rantanens of the league, playing head-to-head. Now that's what I'd worry about.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Who cares about Perlini as 13th forward when the Hawks don't have a top line. The #1 LW spot is either going to a 4th line grinder (Caggiula) or an AHL talent (Al Nylander).

How are they going to match up against the Taylor Halls, Blake Wheelers and Mikko Rantanens of the league, playing head-to-head. Now that's what I'd worry about.
They’re clearly doomed.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Personally, I hope Saad ends up there because I believe he's better than that role Colliton seems to have him slated for. I also think there are other ways to achieve depth that doesn't include dropping arguably your third best winger to the bottom-six.

Unless Colliton actually fully spreads out the offense out along three lines, I'd personally prefer Saad with Toews and Kane or at least with DeBrincat and Strome.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Personally, I hope Saad ends up there because I believe he's better than that role Colliton seems to have him slated for. I also think there are other ways to achieve depth that doesn't include dropping arguably your third best winger to the bottom-six.

I think you need to stop looking at Saad being on the 3rd line as a demotion. He can create offense by himself on that line (he did last year) and it’s pretty evident from pre-season JC trusts that line to go up against anyone.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think you need to stop looking at Saad being on the 3rd line as a demotion. He can create offense by himself on that line (he did last year) and it’s pretty evident from pre-season JC trusts that line to go up against anyone.

Exactly. Its the same situation if say Dach plays with Kane on a second line and Cat and Strome form a 3rd line. Saad and Toews haven't worked since 2015 and its probably because Hossa was the straw that stirred the drink. Willing to give it another go but not expecting Saad's production to suddenly see a big jump

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Don't like seeing Murphy out.

Looks like along with the long wait before the game we'll have a long wait after the game to hyper-analyze every shift. Like others I agree that my biggest worry with the squad is their ability to battle & tilt the ice shift to shift around the boards & between our dots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad