Waived: 2019-20 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Wonder if we'll see some trades for some guys because teams couldn't take on the contract/cap of a guy waived?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I'm actually not surprised by DeSmith clearing.

If a team claims DeSmith and he doesn't pan out there, that team is stuck with a guy on a one-way deal making more than what is buryable for the next 3 years.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
I'm actually not surprised by DeSmith clearing.

If a team claims DeSmith and he doesn't pan out there, that team is stuck with a guy on a one-way deal making more than what is buryable for the next 3 years.

Yeah but he is already a proven backup really. 36 games last year with a .916 sv. pct.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm surprised Arizona took Comrie ahead of him. Surprised no one took a swing at Biega too. Love that guy.

Comrie is probably a short term claim for Arizona. Raanta still isn't cleared to play. They already have two solid goalies.

DeSmith has term. It makes him more difficult to unload when Raanta returns.

The Coyotes can either re-waive Comrie, or flip him to another team for a late pick like Pittsburgh did with Condon to Ottawa a few years ago. This is assuming there was another team lower in the priority who wanted Comrie.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Yeah but he is already a proven backup really. 36 games last year with a .916 sv. pct.

That’s how you end up stuck with a guy like Andrew Hammond. What’s that say about him when he had a year like that and they still waived him anyway?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
That’s how you end up stuck with a guy like Andrew Hammond. What’s that say about him when he had a year like that and they still waived him anyway?
That Pittsburgh had a bad cap issue. And seeing how he put up .921 the year before... I dont think I it's quite the fluke you're trying to say it is. One season, sure. But when youre looking at multiple seasons where hes putting up .916 or better, it starts to become a pattern and not an aberration.

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002

It says they like Tristan Jarry quite a bit, which they do.

You have a point, but DeSmith's numbers in college and AHL are better, more consistent than someone like Andrew Hammond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad