Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Based on what Holland is saying on Oilers Now, size doesn't matter. Skill does and brought Brayden Point and said he's a great player etc. Jarvis is just like point. PLEASE LET HIM FALL

Reactions: B33K33PING

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Ty Tullio should've gone in the 2nd round or early 3rd round but his size was used against him and somehow fell to the 5th. You're getting a stud here who is a future NHLer. Does everything well. Despite being smaller he plays with an edge and is also one of the better finishers from the OHL for the draft class.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I feel bad for Bouchard.
His team is really not good. They have a total of 5 goals. There is 3 players in the league with 5+ points.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I feel bad for Bouchard.
His team is really not good. They have a total of 5 goals. There is 3 players in the league with 5+ points.
I always find these takes a bit odd, he is part of that team and as one of the best players he shares responsibility. It's a team sport at the end of the day.
SSK is an average team in allsvenskan, not among the best, not among the worst.

Anyway, it's been 3 games... So I would not worry that much to be honest, I am thankful that he gets to play.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
This is how I'd rank our prospects post-draft. I'm probably higher on Tullio than most.

1. Philip Broberg
2. Evan Bouchard
3. Dylan Holloway

4. Dmitri Samorukov
5. Ryan McLeod
6. Raphael Lavoie
7. Ty Tullio
8. Tyler Benson
9. Ilya Konovalov
10. William Lagesson
11. Filip Berglund
12. Carter Savoie

13. Filip Kemp
14. Olivier Rodrigue
15. Stuart Skinner
16. Kirill Maksimov
17. Michael Kesselring
18. Maxim Beryozkin
19. Cooper Marody
21. Aapeli Rasanen
22. Matej Blumel
23. Tomas Mazura
24. Maxim Denezkhin
25. Jeremias Lindewall
25. Filip Engaras

Last edited:
Reactions: B33K33PING

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Philip Broberg plays at 11:00 AM today. I'll be watching him if I can.

Maxim Beryozkin and Ilya Konovalov (Lokomotiv of the KHL) play at 12:30 PM. I probably won't be watching that one, but if anyone wants a stream, feel free to ask.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
My top ten. I am very much a bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush. I value prospects that are close to graduating to nhl higher than "potential".

Bouchard
Benson
Samorukov
Broberg
Lavoie
Laggesson
Holloway
McLeod
Marody
Berglund/Maksimov

Didn't include goalies. They are voodoo until they actually become nhl starters or backups.

I liked what Holland did with very little but I think some people have Shiney new toy syndrome. The new guys outside of Holloway do not crack our top 10. I don't see how they could. Unless it's common for AJHL draftees and 5th round or worse to become nhlers?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I always find these takes a bit odd, he is part of that team and as one of the best players he shares responsibility. It's a team sport at the end of the day.
SSK is an average team in allsvenskan, not among the best, not among the worst.

Anyway, it's been 3 games... So I would not worry that much to be honest, I am thankful that he gets to play.
Oh he absolutely shares responsibility, not disagreeing there. And you are right it's only a couple games. The team is having a ton of time struggling to score. Bouchard is a crazy passer and has a great shot so if he is playing his game and the team isn't producing it could just be a bunch of guys who are just having a hard time.

I'm also glad he is getting to play but it could still be frustrating

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I don't know if I'd be happy with that muffed-shot goal from Lavoie. I hope he improves his skating this season or at least works on it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Game

GCK Lions beating league favourite Kloten 2-1. Tyler Benson playing with last seasons NLA leading scorer and Blackhawks FA-signing Pius Suter and his brother Kaj. The trio completely dominated play while the rest of the team got outshot badly. They combined for 12 of the teams 23 shots and Benson got assists on both Pius Suter goals.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Game

GCK Lions beating league favourite Kloten 2-1. Tyler Benson playing with last seasons NLA leading scorer and Blackhawks FA-signing Pius Suter and his brother Kaj. The trio completely dominated play while the rest of the team got outshot badly. They combined for 12 of the teams 23 shots and Benson got assists on both Pius Suter goals.

Thanks for the update.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Game

Benson is a fantastic playmaker and has great vision but his skating is ass. He was obviously the slowest skater at the AHL all star game and was a step behind in his NHL games. How is his skating in the NLA?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Benson is a fantastic playmaker and has great vision but his skating is ass. He was obviously the slowest skater at the AHL all star game and was a step behind in his NHL games. How is his skating in the NLA?

I can't watch games in person due to covid restrictions...I can only judge based on highlights and what I'm told so for me it's too early to judge his skating.

Also note that he's not playing NLA. He's playing Swiss League, the former NLB, which is the 2nd league. He's playing for one of the worst teams there. GCK Lions is the farm team of the ZSC Lions and their team consists of mostly very young and unproven players. They do have a few good players this year though...last seasons NLA topscorer Pius Suter for example. Suter and Benson played all three games together. Suter has 3 points, Benson is up to 4 now (1 goal, 3 assists). As a team they won't go anywhere and his competition is mostly weak (certainly not Kloten though, the team they just beat) but he'll probably play heavy minutes with very good players, certainly if he stays on a line with Suter.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Jeremias Lindewall, our 2020 7th round pick, scored his 5th of the season, increasing his totals to 5-4-9 in 5 games. Pretty impressive production in the SuperElit.

Raphael Lavoie scored his first two goals in the HockeyAllsvenskan. He has 2 goals and an assist in 4 games.

Ryan McLeod notched two assists in the NLA, his first points in the league. Two points in two games now.

William Lagesson scored twice in his 3rd HockeyAllsvenskan game.

I'll have a stream up for Broberg's game today.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Jeremias Lindewall, our 2020 7th round pick, scored his 5th of the season, increasing his totals to 5-4-9 in 5 games. Pretty impressive production in the SuperElit.

Raphael Lavoie scored his first two goals in the HockeyAllsvenskan. He has 2 goals and an assist in 4 games.

Ryan McLeod notched two assists in the NLA, his first points in the league. Two points in two games now.

I know most are in nothing leagues but it's nice to see our prospects doing well.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Doing Gods work lad.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

McLeod playing 3C with Columbus prospect Calvin Thürkauf on his right wing. The two assists were secondary ones. McLeod assisted on Thürkauf's goal and the other assist came on the PP. McLeod played a bit over 11mins in both games, was 50% on faceoffs in both games. Zug won both games. Game 3 vs Bern in 1 hour.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

I still feel like he would be a good fit with McDavid. Hockey IQ is fantastic

Reactions: voxel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad