Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm glad Bouchard is able to play in a lesser league to start the year cause he does not at all look NHL ready

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Broberg's last season was good, by any measure for a player his age on a new team. This is more or less the stated sentiment of most people actually following the SHL. His WJHC coach already said he was their go-to D guy and 1st PKer, but I guess we know better on hfoil.

I reply less and less to these hyperbolic posts, but sometimes I cannot help myself. I mean we are no where near knowing what the future holds for either of these kids. Give me a break, sure if a one or a couple games are so important then Broberg >>> Bouchard today because Allsvenskan is to SHL what AHL is to NHL. Huge difference. Of course it is not that simile, same goes for judging Broberg after 1 freakin preseason game in NA...

I watched every game Broberg played in that WJC. Broberg looked average at best playing with players his own age. Soderstrom looked ten times better than Broberg and it was Soderstrom that was used in the defensive zone over Broberg at the end of games. Broberg was used as a #5 at best in both the WJC and the SHL season... The garbage of him being the go to defensive guy is BS from what I saw. He was used on the PK and in his own zone only minimally over his teamates. He was rarely even the first PK unit over the boards on the PK. The only thing I noticed is that they got GM him off the ice asap as soon as they entered the offensive zone. Role or trust he was on a short leash offensively. For a #8 OA expectations are much higher for me.

Even assuming you are right and being a number #5 D is good... How in the flaming wazzzu does that make him better than Bouchard?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Broberg's last season was good, by any measure for a player his age on a new team. This is more or less the stated sentiment of most people actually following the SHL. His WJHC coach already said he was their go-to D guy and 1st PKer, but I guess we know better on hfoil.

I reply less and less to these hyperbolic posts, but sometimes I cannot help myself. I mean we are no where near knowing what the future holds for either of these kids. Give me a break, sure if a one or a couple games are so important then Broberg >>> Bouchard today because Allsvenskan is to SHL what AHL is to NHL. Huge difference. Of course it is not that simile, same goes for judging Broberg after 1 freakin preseason game in NA...

you’re replying to a guy who thought Marincin >>>>>>>> Klefbom.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm glad Bouchard is able to play in a lesser league to start the year cause he does not at all look NHL ready

meh, I remember all the doom and gloom last year during whatever summer camp as well. Then he went on to have one of the best seasons for a Dman his age we’ve seen in a long time. Big adjustment going over there to play after a really long layoff.

Reactions: CarlWising

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
meh, I remember all the doom and gloom last year during whatever summer camp as well. Then he went on to have one of the best seasons for a Dman his age we’ve seen in a long time. Big adjustment going over there to play after a really long layoff.
His offense is great. His actual d play is not close to NHL ready. That's fine but it's the way it is

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
His offense is great. His actual d play is not close to NHL ready. That's fine but it's the way it is

tough to judge a Dman’s defensive play in the AHL IMO. Such a different game than the NHL with very little system play and unreliable partners.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

He needs someone that can be a defensive minded partner to break him in. I just posted in another thread that if Nurse really dialed in his defensive play and stopped trying to be more of an offensive or two way guy, that he could be a great partner for Bouch.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He needs someone that can be a defensive minded partner to break him in. I just posted in another thread that if Nurse really dialed in his defensive play and stopped trying to be more of an offensive or two way guy, that he could be a great partner for Bouch.
He could. As is though that pair would be really bad defensively. Not something I would want to try anytime soon.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lets see where Bouchard is 7-8-9 games, this is probably the first time the kid has lived overseas, there will be an adjustment period in getting comfortable and playing on a different sized ice surface.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
How many penalty minutes.

Other prospect updates

2019 draft pick Tomas Mazura has 1-2-3 in 3 gp in the U20 SM-Liiga.

Fellow 2019 draftee Matej Blumel has two assists in 4 games in the top Czech league.

Maxim Denezhkin, our final selection in 2019, has 2 assists in 3 VHL games, which is a promising start for a guy his age.

McLeod (NLA), Benson (2nd DIV Swiss league), and Marody (Austria) were all held pointless in their debuts.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Evan Bouchard had 3 shots and 22 PIM in a 3-2 loss.

Kirill Maksimov recorded an assist, giving him 5 points in 4 VHL games.

Dmitri Samorukov played a team-leading 19:02 in a 4-2 win for CSKA.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Evan Bouchard had 3 shots and 22 PIM in a 3-2 loss.

Kirill Maksimov recorded an assist, giving him 5 points in 4 VHL games.

Dmitri Samorukov played a team-leading 19:02 in a 4-2 win for CSKA.

22 pim? What happened?

Took an interference penalty and then a Game Misconduct at the end of the 3rd. Didn't see what happened though.

To add some stats on Bouchard's play in Allsvenskan:

Bouchard leads his team with 23:19 TOI/GP (player with second most ice time is at 19:33 TOI/GP). That is 4th league wide.
He has been on for 1 GF (GWG in game 1) and 0 GA so far (even strength).
He is 2nd in the league in SOG, with 11 over 2 GP (team mate in SSK at the top with 12 SOG).

From the game in specific (SSK vs VIK), I did not see it, but what I could find online was that SSK lost after having been up 2-0. The winning goal was scored with 3 mins left of the game on a PP due to an unnecessary too-many-players-on-ice penalty for SSK. After playing 6 vs 5 for a bit, Bouchard took an interference penalty with 50 seconds left of the game, and kind of ruined SSK's chance to come back. Bouchard's game misconduct was given at 60:00 mins, so he probably said something to the refs. On VIK's homepage the mention that he was one of the best players on-ice but that he showed frustration at the end of the game.

Anyhow, he seems to be doing very good. They also referenced the 3 big guns on SSK as Fagemo, Vejdemo and Bouchard. So that is good :nod:

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
To add some stats on Bouchard's play in Allsvenskan:

Bouchard leads his team with 23:19 TOI/GP (player with second most ice time is at 19:33 TOI/GP). That is 4th league wide.
He has been on for 1 GF (GWG in game 1) and 0 GA so far (even strength).
He is 2nd in the league in SOG, with 11 over 2 GP (team mate in SSK at the top with 12 SOG).

From the game in specific (SSK vs VIK), I did not see it, but what I could find online was that SSK lost after having been up 2-0. The winning goal was scored with 3 mins left of the game on a PP due to an unnecessary too-many-players-on-ice penalty for SSK. After playing 6 vs 5 for a bit, Bouchard to an interference penalty with 50 seconds left of the game, and kind of ruined SSK's chance to come back. Bouchard's game misconduct was given at 60:00 mins, so he probably said something to the refs. On VIK's homepage the mention that he was one of the best players on-ice but that he showed frustration at the end of the game.

Anyhow, he seems to be doing very good. They also referenced the 3 big guns on SSK as Fagemo, Vejdemo and Bouchard. So that is good :nod:
A guy that hates losing.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
A guy that hates losing.
That, and also most likely a guy that feels responsibility for the team. He is one of the leaders, spends most time on the ice and led the charge to get back in the game. I think an older Bouchard will maybe not react the same way, since it may have implications going forward (3 Game Misconducts and he has to sit a game), but at his age I think it makes sense and I have no issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->