Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
To be honest, I'm disappointed in Broberg's production this season. Sure his 5 points in 15 games sounds ok for a young SHL defender but in reality 4 of those points game in the season opener. 1 point in his last 14 games.

Not putting the kid down or anything I was just hoping to see him be more productive than last year especially with the tools that he has.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
To be honest, I'm disappointed in Broberg's production this season. Sure his 5 points in 15 games sounds ok for a young SHL defender but in reality 4 of those points game in the season opener. 1 point in his last 14 games.

Not putting the kid down or anything I was just hoping to see him be more productive than last year especially with the tools that he has.
He got 3 points in his season opener, not 4.

He could have a lot more than 5 pts in 15 GP, the puck just hasn't been bouncing his way.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Only stat watching and getting media sources as the above but Broberg is really struggling for an extended period now. Hope he comes out of his funk but also not terribly surprised either. It's not like he is, or has ever been, a top tier elite prospect.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Only stat watching and getting media sources as the above but Broberg is really struggling for an extended period now. Hope he comes out of his funk but also not terribly surprised either. It's not like he is, or has ever been, a top tier elite prospect.
We all know you’re over in the corner hoping he fails so you can tell everyone how you’re the smartest in the room.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Chance to watch Holloway

Isn't he away preparing for WJC training camp?

Edit: Nevermind, I see in the Holloway thread that he's playing this weekend. Cool
I just saw on the guide that the game is on NBC Sports Network tonight as well as NHL network tomorrow night. I might not be able to watch tomorrow but will watch tonight so I'll give a game report.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackDogg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Isn't he away preparing for WJC training camp?

Edit: Nevermind, I see in the Holloway thread that he's playing this weekend. Cool
I just saw on the guide that the game is on NBC Sports Network tonight as well as NHL network tomorrow night. I might not be able to watch tomorrow but will watch tonight so I'll give a game report.
Yah I don't get NBC Sports as far as I know. I don't even know if its available on Shaw?

Reactions: Aerchon

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like Broberg is struggling based on stat watching (taking a hockey break). Is it mostly his struggles or is the team as a whole going thru a rough period

Reactions: Aerchon

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

A 4?

Let's look at their critiques on his play.

"Shift notes: First game action came on the powerplay, where he fired a hard one-timer from centre point to test the ‘tendy, then made a terrific play to keep the puck in at the blueline that had the announcer exclaiming (in Swedish, mind, but I know he was saying nice things!). Made another strong play to keep the puck in seconds leader, leading to a second blast from centre point. (His only 2 shots of the game.) On his first even strength shift, he was beaten by a neutral zone pass that resulted in a breakaway and a goal for Vaxjo. While the play resulted from a bad turnover by a mate, Broberg was a bit late to recognize the danger, then failed to cut out the pass. Spent a l-o-n-g second-period shift in his own end when he and his mates couldn’t break the cycle, eventually iced the puck, then on the next shift was unable to get the puck to centre for the needed shoot-in and change of lines. Beaten by a pass down low that yielded a good scoring chance against. Made a good read to peel off and intercept a shootaround to end the cycle. Good positioning and an active stick thwarted another rush at the blueline. Unable to box out an opponent, he screened his own goalie on the 2-2 tally. With his team back in the lead late in the third, he made a gutsy block on a key penalty kill (below). Wound up killing the last 1:40 of that PP, primarily because his group was unable to clear the zone. Never saw the ice again in the final 3:26, leaving a mild worry that he’d been hurt on that shot block, though he seemed to be moving OK in its aftermath."

These guys are going full Aerchon. Looking for problems. Most of their complaints are team complaints. This isn't basketball where one player is the team.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Strong game for Holloway tonight, I agree he was the best player on the ice tonight I thought and not just because he’s an Oiler draft pick. He was strong on the face off dot and really good along the boards. His skating is outstanding, he can flat out fly, seems to be a theme with Holland’s two 1st rounders in 2019 and 2020.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What in the name of.... HUH?!??

Reactions: MoontoScott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad