Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
So apparently NHL Network isn't available in Canada vithout a VPN. Didn't realize that - I actually was pretty sure I had this channel before.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Couple notes:
  • Projected 2021 top-3 pick Brandt Clarke will join Raphael Lavoie in the HockeyAllsvenskan until the OHL starts again. It will be his first time playing against men so it will likely be an adjustment period for him, but having Clarke on a team with Lavoie should be fun to watch.
  • Samorukov and Maksimov face off against Konavalov (probably back-up) and Beryozkin today in the KHL.
  • Philip Broberg plays at 11:00 AM today. The opposition has a 2020 7th overall selection in Alexander Holtz and a potential top-10 2021 pick in William Eklund. Could be a fun one @Zaddy.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Maximov got his first KHL point today.

He's the guy passing it out of the corner. Yegor Afanasyev(Nashville prospect) with the cheeky finish.

Probably the most disappointing prospect we have right now. Can’t seem to score goals at the pro level.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Probably the most disappointing prospect we have right now. Can’t seem to score goals at the pro level.

The KHL is tough for young guys. He plays ~12 minutes per night on the 4th line with long breaks between games since he's been healthy scratched for about 2/3rds of the games. He's not going to get a whole lot of opportunity on the best team in the league.

He'd likely be better off back in the VHL(the KHL's AHL) where he had 6 points in 5 games.

Afanasyev(the guy who scored in that clip) was playing his first game and had two points. Today he's dressed and hasn't played a single shift. It ain't easy being a young guy over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: North

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

His skating looks noticeably better. If he keeps doing the little things right hopefully the production will come and the coach gives him some opportunities on special teams although CSKA is a deeper team and there's probably not a lot of incentive for the coach to give him playing time if he knows Maksimov is going back to NA next year. Tough to stand out and produce on the 4th line with limited minutes.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Don't know where to post this but I find this corona situation quite curious. Why do some prospects go abroad and play and some doesn't? I find it odd that 17 year olds like Brandt Clarke and Carson Lambos go over to Europe but a guy like Dylan Cozens doesn't, even though he's a really big and physically developed guy that could really use the practice of playing against men. That experience could really serve him when he's trying to nab a spot in the starting lineup of the Sabres when the season starts, yet he's still in NA not getting any reps in. I find that odd. I feel like a lot of teams in Allsvenskan would've loved a guy like him in their lineup.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Don't know where to post this but I find this corona situation quite curious. Why do some prospects go abroad and play and some doesn't? I find it odd that 17 year olds like Brandt Clarke and Carson Lambos go over to Europe but a guy like Dylan Cozens doesn't, even though he's a really big and physically developed guy that could really use the practice of playing against men. That experience could really serve him when he's trying to nab a spot in the starting lineup of the Sabres when the season starts, yet he's still in NA not getting any reps in. I find that odd. I feel like a lot of teams in Allsvenskan would've loved a guy like him in their lineup.

Figure he'll be spending the next 7 weeks in Alberta for the World Juniors camp and tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad