Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
...and now Lavoie ties it up with just 15 seconds left in the 2nd.

From what I've been reading, Lavoie has been one of the most dangerous players in the HockeyAllsvenskan thus far. He is top-5 in the league in goals despite the rest of his team being an offensive black hole. After almost 13 games, Lavoie has scored over 1/3 of his team's goals.

This is great! Going down to Allsvenskan was clearly the right move :thumbu:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lavoie might be a real dark horse for a late season call up.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Evan Bouchard has 2 assists so far today, the first an absolute beauty that involved him walking the line and the second a perfectly placed shot-pass that was deflected in. I'll post videos if I can find them.

Find any? How has he been otherwise this game?

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
...and now Lavoie ties it up with just 15 seconds left in the 2nd.

From what I've been reading, Lavoie has been one of the most dangerous players in the HockeyAllsvenskan thus far. He is top-5 in the league in goals despite the rest of his team being an offensive black hole. After almost 13 games, Lavoie has scored over 1/3 of his team's goals.

I think a positive thing in development for him is that Allsvenskan is not as big of jump as the AHL. To me it's a good thing he gets his feet wet with pro hockey here before jumping to the AHL.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Already has 3 more assists than he had last year. 1 point shy of his totals from last year also.
Really interesting start from Blumel. He’s actually leading the team in scoring and has three more points than Martin Kaut who was selected in the first round the year before.

It’s still unlikely he turns into much but this is a lot more than I was expecting this year so far.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Man, Lavoie's team is bad.

Bouchard's team almost scored as many goals in their game today as half of what Lavoie's team has scored all season haha.
I am not sure if this has been said already, but only reason Vasby (Lavoie's team) are even in hockeyallsvenskan is that Karlskrona were "forcefully"demoted due to financial issues (debt too high, and defaulted on it late spring). They were supposed to play in a lower division, but late summer they got notice that they were moving up to replace Karlskrona. I think it is safe to say they will be heading back down after this season.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Impressive stats from Samorukov in the 2nd best league in the world. What is his +/- and TOI looking like?

Easy to forget that some OHL observers like Brock Otten thought Samorukov would be an NHL callup option *last* year. The kid's got the goods, but nobody was hurt more from Bakersfield's complete inability to get a save than Dima was.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I am not sure if this has been said already, but only reason Vasby (Lavoie's team) are even in hockeyallsvenskan is that Karlskrona were "forcefully"demoted due to financial issues (debt too high, and defaulted on it late spring). They were supposed to play in a lower division, but late summer they got notice that they were moving up to replace Karlskrona. I think it is safe to say they will be heading back down after this season.

Lavoie has 8 goals on his own. The entire rest of Vasby has 15 combined. :laugh: Gad, where would they be WITHOUT Lavoie.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Easy to forget that some OHL observers like Brock Otten thought Samorukov would be an NHL callup option *last* year. The kid's got the goods, but nobody was hurt more from Bakersfield's complete inability to get a save than Dima was.

God dude, following the way our LD shakes out in 2021/22 is going to be fascinating.
  • I've felt for the longest time that Jones has top 4 upside, and he's on the cusp of it. He'll have a real opportunity this season.
  • It looks like Samorukov is ready for 3LD if not today, opening night next season.
  • Lagesson is at least a 7D, but his exceptional defensive ability & play at even strength gives him a shot at more than that.
  • Broberg's ceiling is sky high. I'd give him another year in the SHL/AHL, let him build confidence and polish his game. I think he's probably ready for 3LD now but we have the depth to give him extra time.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think a positive thing in development for him is that Allsvenskan is not as big of jump as the AHL. To me it's a good thing he gets his feet wet with pro hockey here before jumping to the AHL.

Yeah, this is a good point. The CHL -> AHL jump is often cited as being harder in some ways than the AHL -> NHL jump. Going from CHL -> secondary euro-league, is likely significantly easier for 20 year old players. Lavoie is obviously doing quite well there, and it could be a big boost to his confidence.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
God dude, following the way our LD shakes out in 2021/22 is going to be fascinating.
  • I've felt for the longest time that Jones has top 4 upside, and he's on the cusp of it. He'll have a real opportunity this season.
  • It looks like Samorukov is ready for 3LD if not today, opening night next season.
  • Lagesson is at least a 7D, but his exceptional defensive ability & play at even strength gives him a shot at more than that.
  • Broberg's ceiling is sky high. I'd give him another year in the SHL/AHL, let him build confidence and polish his game. I think he's probably ready for 3LD now but we have the depth to give him extra time.

I'm still operating under the impression it would be pretty hard for all of Broberg, Jones, and Samorukov to make it... but imagine they do?

Reactions: Aerchon

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
His shooting and passing ability looks NHL level by my eye. He also has above average NHL size. Honestly I'm a little surprised that he doesn't get more hype on our board.

I think his skating being average (at best) keeps people from getting too excited about him. He also only played a supporting role on team Canada, which has likely soured some people on the chances of him being used in a scoring role in the future.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think his skating being average (at best) keeps people from getting too excited about him. He also only played a supporting role on team Canada, which has likely soured some people on the chances of him being used in a scoring role in the future.
He played very well being in a support/defensive role at the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad