Speculation: 2019/20 NHL trade deadline thread (rumors, ideas, & deals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Well we need a top 4 Dman and I will get this thread cracking with this article:

The TDL is Feb 24, 2020.

Who from our top 6 or prospects would you give up to fill the void while Keith is out? Kulikov seems ideal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/NHL-rumor-Boston-Bruins-Dmitry-Kulikov-Florida-Panthers

One of the blueliners the Bruins have expressed interest in a potential trade for is Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov, according to a hockey source. The discussions are believed to be more tire-kicking than in-depth trade discussions at this point. The Russian-born defenseman isn’t necessarily on the trade block either, but the belief is the Black and Gold have been very proactive about trying to solve their D-man dilemma.
The 25-year-old Kulikov is in the last year of his contract with a cap hit of $4.3 million, and will be a free agent following the 2016-17 season. The 6-foot-1, 204-pounder finished with a goal and 17 assists in 74 games with the Panthers last season while averaging 21:02 of ice time, and was utilized as a top-pairing D-man with Aaron Ekblad at points throughout last year.
Kulikov has averaged four goals and 20 points a season over his seven NHL seasons with the Panthers, and is unquestionably a top-4 NHL defenseman that would upgrade the Bruins blueline situation. The Florida D-man would also make an interesting Plan B if some of the other potential defense trade targets, like Kevin Shattenkirk, end up falling through as they did for Boston last season.

upload_2019-12-3_7-46-11.png

Thats a really old article. Kuli hasn't been there since 2016 and his star has dimmed a great deal. Plus the Hawks are currently 27th overall so maybe you embrace the void.
The draft is June 26, 2020 with Lafreniere and Byfield on deck. In a bad year it makes no sense to trade prospects to claw for 16th place. If its going to happen a lot of other things need to go right, and if its not, why mess with your lottery pick?

Reactions: LDF

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
View attachment 285889

Thats a really old article. Kuli hasn't been there since 2016 and his star has dimmed a great deal. Plus the Hawks are currently 27th overall so maybe you embrace the void.
The draft is June 26, 2020 with Lafreniere and Byfield on deck. In a bad year it makes no sense to trade prospects to claw for 16th place. If its going to happen a lot of other things need to go right, and if its not, why mess with your lottery pick?

It was an idea to jumpstart this thread. But now that they royally suk most ideas will revolve around selling.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Good players never sign with bad teams... :sarcasm:

The team is projected in the right direction. Just because they're bad right now, doesn't mean they won't take huge steps over the next season or two.
I mean, it's possible, but if I were him I would be finding a new home. The players I mentioned trading (outside of Lehner) won't help the team moving forward.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
LOL @ people wanting a trade to bring in players this year! We should be selling off everything we can for as much as we can starting now. This team is not winning anything, and just making the playoffs should not be the goal. Trade Gus, trade Maatta (if you can), trade Caggiula when healthy, maybe even trade Lehner if you get a really good return and he isn't showing much interest in resigning, why would he?

I think you set the clock back another 2-3 years and just rebuild around a select group. I think Kane will stay elite enough to keep around. I think Saad is young enough to keep as well.

Keeps:

Kane
Keith (if he's willing)
Dach
DeBrincat
Strome
Saad
Boqvist
Mitchell

I think you tear down most of the team, but build around this:

Saad-Dach-Kane

DeBrincat-Strome-power forward (not a Shaw, a real top-six guy)

two way winger-40 point two way center like Bozak-Nylander

4th line (I like Kampf and Kubalik there now, but you can't count on a long term answer for a 4th line)

Keith (unless he wants out)-Mitchell
??-Boqvist
??-??

?? (Lehner, if he's willing to stay)
??

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think you set the clock back another 2-3 years and just rebuild around a select group. I think Kane will stay elite enough to keep around. I think Saad is young enough to keep as well.

Keeps:

Kane
Keith (if he's willing)
Dach
DeBrincat
Strome
Saad
Boqvist
Mitchell

I think you tear down most of the team, but build around this:

Saad-Dach-Kane

DeBrincat-Strome-power forward (not a Shaw, a real top-six guy)

two way winger-40 point two way center like Bozak-Nylander

4th line (I like Kampf and Kubalik there now, but you can't count on a long term answer for a 4th line)

Keith (unless he wants out)-Mitchell
??-Boqvist
??-??

?? (Lehner, if he's willing to stay)
??
Are you suggesting moving Beaudin?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
with dunc seabs maata dehaan and murphy all over 3.8 and minimum 3 more years they are def dealing gus at the deadline right?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
with dunc seabs maata dehaan and murphy all over 3.8 and minimum 3 more years they are def dealing gus at the deadline right?

And probably all those others you mentioned, except Keith and Seabrook.

Defense by the end of the year will be:

Keith-Mitchell
Koekkoek-Boqvist
McCoshen-Seabrook

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Given this board's knowledge of Bowman's history is it really realistic he will sell off major pieces or even try? What about something much more immediate like firing JC after maybe another 10-15 games of this roller coaster slop?

Reactions: crazyhawk

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Given this board's knowledge of Bowman's history is it really realistic he will sell off major pieces or even try? What about something much more immediate like firing JC after maybe another 10-15 games of this roller coaster slop?
Major pieces? Unlikely. Minor ones like Gus, Maatta, Cagguila, absolutely. But, I don't see him lasting much longer with the way this has all gone. Maybe the big shakeup this team needs is to say goodbye to their GM who handed them all this money. Bring in someone who doesn't give a shit about their past accomplishments.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Major pieces? Unlikely. Minor ones like Gus, Maatta, Cagguila, absolutely. But, I don't see him lasting much longer with the way this has all gone. Maybe the big shakeup this team needs is to say goodbye to their GM who handed them all this money. Bring in someone who doesn't give a **** about their past accomplishments.
I will firmly stand by Stan. I'm a JC supporter so I don't want to see him go, but if firing him is what saves Stan's job that's fine with me. Stan has to stay. This league is filled with idiot GMs. The last thing I want is for us to hire one of those idiots and have this team rammed into the ground for the next decade.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I will firmly stand by Stan. I'm a JC supporter so I don't want to see him go, but if firing him is what saves Stan's job that's fine with me. Stan has to stay. This league is filled with idiot GMs. The last thing I want is for us to hire one of those idiots and have this team rammed into the ground for the next decade.
The results have been bad this year. No bones about it, but any replacement for Stan would be a downgrade.

As for JC, I think maybe he needed another year in Rockford before taking the reigns but who the hell are you going to get to replace him? Babcock is radioactive at this point (and would not have been a good choice) and any other available "traditional" coaches just don't have the right mindset to take this team in the direction it needs to go. They would be pisswater versions of Q

Reactions: Kevin Musto

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Anyone wanting to add on the deadline needs to get their head examined. This team isnt a single piece away from making the playoffs (even then why try when they would be lucky to win a game against the Avs). Adding to make the playoffs only makes this team into the next 2010-17 Redwings which is as close to perpetual mediocrity as one could get.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Stan made his trades, made his signings, got his coach, and the team hasn't looked better in any way. I'm fine with going in a different direction, we need a major shake up, and you can't trade our over priced players.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
At this point, unless things change, Hawks need to trade away quite a few names and continue to rebuild instead of retool.

Soon to be UFA guys like Gus and Caggiula need to be moved, and we need to also look at the market for guys like Saad, Shaw, De Haan, Maatta, and Murphy.

If Lehner re-signs, awesome. If he doesn't, trade him at the deadline and hope we get good value (sometimes a challenge with goalies, but he'd be the best available by a lot). If Lehner is traded, we re-sign Crow for a year and let one of Lankinen/Delia hopefully take the reigns as a 1b. If we keep Lehner, then we ask Crow if he wants to go to a playoff team, and if he does, we try to get what we can for him.

If Keith wants to compete, we trade him. If he want's to stay in Chicago, he's earned that right. Keep Kane and let's not discuss trying to trade Toews or Seabrook.

The goal, again provided things don't change quickly, should be to stockpile as many draft picks/prospects as possible. Hopefully we end up with multiple 1sts (one of which will hopefully be our own top 10 pick), and potentially a couple 2nds. LA had 2 1sts and 2 2nds last year (with a 5th overall pick), that's what we need to be aiming towards.

Try to add to the group of Dach, Nylander, Strome, DeBrincat, Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, and Kurashev. f*** the present, let's bolster our future.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The results have been bad this year. No bones about it, but any replacement for Stan would be a downgrade.

As for JC, I think maybe he needed another year in Rockford before taking the reigns but who the hell are you going to get to replace him? Babcock is radioactive at this point (and would not have been a good choice) and any other available "traditional" coaches just don't have the right mindset to take this team in the direction it needs to go. They would be pisswater versions of Q

The Hawks are about to be in the lottery for the third year in a row, the arrow isn't pointing up

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
At this point, unless things change, Hawks need to trade away quite a few names and continue to rebuild instead of retool.

Soon to be UFA guys like Gus and Caggiula need to be moved, and we need to also look at the market for guys like Saad, Shaw, De Haan, Maatta, and Murphy.

If Lehner re-signs, awesome. If he doesn't, trade him at the deadline and hope we get good value (sometimes a challenge with goalies, but he'd be the best available by a lot). If Lehner is traded, we re-sign Crow for a year and let one of Lankinen/Delia hopefully take the reigns as a 1b. If we keep Lehner, then we ask Crow if he wants to go to a playoff team, and if he does, we try to get what we can for him.

If Keith wants to compete, we trade him. If he want's to stay in Chicago, he's earned that right. Keep Kane and let's not discuss trying to trade Toews or Seabrook.

The goal, again provided things don't change quickly, should be to stockpile as many draft picks/prospects as possible. Hopefully we end up with multiple 1sts (one of which will hopefully be our own top 10 pick), and potentially a couple 2nds. LA had 2 1sts and 2 2nds last year (with a 5th overall pick), that's what we need to be aiming towards.

Try to add to the group of Dach, Nylander, Strome, DeBrincat, Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, and Kurashev. **** the present, let's bolster our future.
exactly how i see it. Im going to add Barrett and Nalimov (bring him over please) to your future group.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
exactly how i see it. Im going to add Barrett and Nalimov (bring him over please) to your future group.

Where does Nalimov fit? Not arguing but KL has been good and I am going to assume they will try to resign Lehner.

I agree on Barrett. I think he is our future 3c.

migi

Feb 25, 2015

Try to add to the group of Dach, Nylander, Strome, DeBrincat, Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, and Kurashev. **** the present, let's bolster our future.

Yes.

Easy yes.

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
Nalimov can't find consistent job in KHL and has been a backup for ages. Don't count much on him.

Reactions: Giovi

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Where does Nalimov fit? Not arguing but KL has been good and I am going to assume they will try to resign Lehner.

I agree on Barrett. I think he is our future 3c.
I'm not sure where Nalimov fits. I'd gladly give him a shot, but I think among our goalie prospects I like Gravel the most. I'm also intrigued by Basse. I have literally never seen him play but his size makes him interesting and apparently goalie scouts were quite high on him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not sure where Nalimov fits. I'd gladly give him a shot, but I think among our goalie prospects I like Gravel the most. I'm also intrigued by Basse. I have literally never seen him play but his size makes him interesting and apparently goalie scouts were quite high on him.

Basse is a mystery to me.

I would give him a chance as well.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Realistically the trade block for Hawks at this point should be

Strome (If Hawks feel longterm deal is not fit or cant be worked out)
Saad
Shaw
Caggiula (Though I wonder if he comes back from yet another concussion honestly)
Kampf
Carpenter
Smith
Gustafsson
Maatta
de Haan
Murphy (Depends on value)
Koekkoek
Crawford
Lehner (If he isn't open to extension)

These are guys who have some levels of value though in player such as Koek the value is likely late round pick , low tier prospect , etc at best

Murphy is someone we should gauge value of but only move for good deal as we need to keep him likely for next year on D with kids coming up and need some stability if we move on from likes of CDH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad