NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Does Carmelo really deserve to have his jersey retired anywhere, let alone the city in which he demanded a trade out of?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

Does Carmelo really deserve to have his jersey retired anywhere, let alone the city in which he demanded a trade out of?

i think he for sure should have his # retired in denver. he's top 3 in pretty much every offensive category

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Well done, NBA. Three missed calls during important possessions of a close game and all against one team. The double dribble was the most obvious one that everyone could see as it happened. The only people who didn't see it were the three people with the whistles. If this was Morey, he'd already be getting a 20 page report ready to send to the league office.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Well done, NBA. Three missed calls during important possessions of a close game and all against one team. The double dribble was the most obvious one that everyone could see as it happened. The only people who didn't see it were the three people with the whistles. If this was Morey, he'd already be getting a 20 page report ready to send to the league office.

I feel like that’s the kind of thing you replay the last bit of the game for.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Lakers get all the calls.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the play with butler/lebron at the end could have gone either way. and i'm not sure which replay they're watching but i didn't see AD foul butler at all on the last shot

they did miss an obvious double dribble on danny green though. but they also called goaltending on the lakers which should not have been called so its safe to say both teams benefited from the bad reffing

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

He did lead the franchise to their first WCF in whatever amount of years it was, that was 10 years ago and IIRC they haven’t been back. Was a helluva offensive player for them and was the face for a solid 7 or so years.

His exit was obviously tough but it wouldn’t shock me if they let bygones be bygones and retire it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He did lead the franchise to their first WCF in whatever amount of years it was, that was 10 years ago and IIRC they haven’t been back. Was a helluva offensive player for them and was the face for a solid 7 or so years.

His exit was obviously tough but it wouldn’t shock me if they let bygones be bygones and retire it.

He's a HOF'er and did a lot for the Nuggets but one of the problems is that Jokic already has Melo's #15 now. How do you retire it when your current franchise player, who could have an even better career than Melo, is wearing the number? I don't think you can unless Jokic himself says they should and switches to a different number.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He's a HOF'er and did a lot for the Nuggets but one of the problems is that Jokic already has Melo's #15 now. How do you retire it when your current franchise player, who could have an even better career than Melo, is wearing the number? I don't think you can unless Jokic himself says they should and switches to a different number.
they'd probably retire it twice for both players if it came to that. unless jokic pulls a ray bourque and changes his number so that they can retire #15 for melo

mike trout wears #27 for the angels but they're eventually going to retire that number for vlad guerrero. similar situation but in this case they are 100% going to retire it for guerrero so we'll see what happens

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

They will of course wait. I.E no guarantee Jokic spends his entire career there and if he does, they could do a double retirement like the Rangers did for Graves & Bathgate or the Habs with half of their players (lol)

they'd probably retire it twice for both players if it came to that. unless jokic pulls a ray bourque and changes his number so that they can retire #15 for melo

mike trout wears #27 for the angels but they're eventually going to retire that number for vlad guerrero. similar situation but in this case they are 100% going to retire it for guerrero so we'll see what happens

Wow I never took that in RE Trout. He seems like a super nice guy so either he’ll change it no problem or say no only for all the fans who bought his jersey already (or he offers to pay for the number change like Nylander did, Trouty certainly has the money to do so lol)

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Re: Vince Carter. He gets his jersey retired anywhere it'll be by the Raptors. He's the player that put the team on the map and if you ask me he's the best player in their franchise history.

The Warriors are 5-23, got to think that turns around next year. A lot of tough luck for them this season thus far.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Pacers are quietly a top 10 team in the league. With Brogdan missing games and Oladipo out the whole season.

The East is beyond stacked with good playoff teams.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad